Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:46 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,019 times

Advertisements

Hehehehe, evey it is green pepper with eggs! I like my eggs with pepper, onions and cheese.

Hey all, Hubby had the day off yesterday so I did not even get to the computer last night

Today I have had

Breakfast, yep 4 cups of coffee with lite cream
South Beach breakfast bar with raisins

Lunch was (gulp) cheeseburger, fries and coke, but it was diet coke!

Don't know about dinner, I have left over homemade bean soup so I guess I deserve that after lunch.
Oh and water to drink with usual oj.

I quit eating at 8pm, I have tried earlier but with the working person it just is not possible in my house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 05:20 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Yeah! Green pepper Evey. Yummy!! I like to put some lox in scrambled eggs too.

Today, of all days, that I did have some extra water, about 16 oz worth by the time I left work....well, it took me almost TWO hours to get home. What a disaster. I managed to pull in to a Winn Dixie and RUN. Then I didn't even get my car into the driveway at home....

I think since my last update I had one of those teeney South Beach Diet cottage cheese and a yogurt with a handful of granola. Right now I'm having lettuce, tomato, and a beautiful half of the 2nd avocado I had bought. This one is perfect today, with a little salt and a little olive oil. That's going to be my dinner.

OK...since I still have time to Edit this......add a slice of cheesecake to that salad. :-(

Last edited by vpcats; 08-22-2007 at 06:52 PM..

Old 08-22-2007, 06:15 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
I cut myself off most evenings by 7 p.m. BUT not tonight! I'm celebrating with pizza and vino! Yummy

BTW try some green piri-piri on your eggs! That'll put a spring in your step. I loved it on my omelette when I was in Portugal.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:24 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
I am pretty sure that the only green thing I eat is M & Ms..........

Old 08-22-2007, 07:06 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times
Okay. Today has been the worst day. Of course, it's also the day that I have to start eating less calories, which led me to discover that I was an emotional eater and that sugar is my vice. I'm happy to announce that I made it past the ice cream and frozen cream puffs to the frozen blueberries without buckling. In addtion, I passed by the donuts and cakes on my way to find cheese without caving. I'll need to add a few bites of chicken with basil and rosemary, some green beans, 1/2 c. blueberries, and a bunch of water. What I really want to eat is: chocoloate long john, a box of Good n Plenties, and a venti caramel frapucino!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Okay. Today has been the worst day. Of course, it's also the day that I have to start eating less calories, which led me to discover that I was an emotional eater and that sugar is my vice. I'm happy to announce that I made it past the ice cream and frozen cream puffs to the frozen blueberries without buckling. In addtion, I passed by the donuts and cakes on my way to find cheese without caving. I'll need to add a few bites of chicken with basil and rosemary, some green beans, 1/2 c. blueberries, and a bunch of water. What I really want to eat is: chocoloate long john, a box of Good n Plenties, and a venti caramel frapucino!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gosh JCO....that last sentence sounds GOOOOOODDDDDD.

I know the feeling. Just don't buy any of that stuff. You'll go through withdrawal the first few days but then you get used to it and you'll feel better. Just DON'T cheat right away. Wait a couple of weeks and then have just a bite or two of your favorite thing. ONE TIME. Then you wait another week. But don't get out of that routine. I did and that's how I've put 15 lbs on me again in about 5 mths. It doesn't show right away but then you get fooled into thinking it won't, then you're addicted again, and WHAMO!

You're doing good for your first day! Keep it up.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:14 PM

Thanks, vp. I almost want to cry reading your post. I quit smoking over four years ago, and it honestly feels like I'm quitting smoking! I've been eating pretty healthy, but always have my sugar fix in there somewhere. This is nuts; who knew sugar was addicting?!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Thanks, vp. I almost want to cry reading your post. I quit smoking over four years ago, and it honestly feels like I'm quitting smoking! I've been eating pretty healthy, but always have my sugar fix in there somewhere. This is nuts; who knew sugar was addicting?!
Oh don't cry.... You're wayyyyy ahead of the game. I still have to quit the smoking AND lose the weight. Probably impossible to do both so, we'll work on the weight first (together)... then I'll tackle the smoking again - must be cold turkey this time as NOTHING else has worked with me - and then weight again. This will be very hard!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:08 PM

vp, I "quit" probably ten times before I really quit. I tried weaning away, patches, gum, yadda, yadda, but cold turkey worked for me. I smoked the last one in the pack, purchased another one and never opened it. I kept it in my car, so I felt some security knowing that if the world came crashing down, my little tobacco friend would be there. I think I waited two years before throwing it away!!! I did gain weight, but I think I transferred my addiction from tobacco to sugar. You'll have to do a better job at finding something else to become addicted to! Coffee, for me, is the only thing that takes away my appetite for both.

Okay, you're a big help. I'm glad you joined this thread!

Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM

292 posts, read 993,663 times
750ml of water
12oz of milk
two granola bars
a piece of bundt cake (Homemade and given to me by a chef. I had to taste it and since it was a small piece I had to finish it. Divine is a good description.)
28oz of coffee
a half a veggie sandwich
a bowl of veggie soup
a pint of apple juice
12oz of water
a bananna
12oz of water
a half a veggie sandwich
a handful of strawberries
a handful of pretzels
12oz of water
two Bud Lights
20oz of water
one Coors Light
a couple of handfuls of Blue Corn Chips
750ml of water

I think water helps flush out the toxins generated by exercise. I was always taught to "P*** clear." So if your urine is not clear or only slighty tinted yellow you ought to be drinking more water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals