Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:00 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,451,949 times

Advertisements

Sorry for posting this terribly late. Our dinner party ended up consisting of twenty-one people, and I crashed last night. This morning I had to rush out the door to church this morning, so I'm just full of excuses!

I saw that Jeanie already checked in on yesterdays thread! So, what's everyone else eatin' today?

I've had a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon, cup of coffee with cream, and I will soon partake in a piece of wheat toast and a piece of fruit. BTW, as I went to put my sugar in the raw in the oatmeal and coffee this morning, Jeanie's article came to mind (sugar basically feeding cancer cells), and I immediately stopped what I was doing. It's funny, a healthy lifestyle is just a million little choices we made throughout the day, the weeks, and the years (it seems).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 12:36 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
omg JCO 21 people for dinner ! at your house ! you cooked for that many

wow you deserve more than the gold stars I can't give you lol

so far today
breakfast the usual Sunday out with friends.
gatorade while doing the yard work
water about 3 bottles
haven't eaten lunch yet after so much time int he heat I am not real hungry

dinner lol absolutely no idea do you have leftovers jco cam we come over

Old 08-26-2007, 12:42 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Hey! I've been a really bad girl today. No discipline at all!!!

For breakfast I had a roll with chicken salad (probably a lot of mayo in it - purely precautionary didn't read it ) + a nectarine + a yoghart.

For lunch I had some spaghetti with yesterday's cauliflower.

I even had an icecream with chocolate sauce

And now I'll have a LATE dinner with lots of calories. But tomorrow will be better - I promis!!!

Old 08-26-2007, 12:50 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times
Had a late breakfast- cheddar and mushroom omlette, bacon, coffee at a diner

Not having lunch...but had some hummus and pretzels as a snack.

I think dinner is salmon and burgers on the grill

Old 08-26-2007, 01:05 PM

Sorry, Karla, we gave the leftovers away! We had spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs (I'm Italian), caprese salad, garlic and foccacia breads, and chocolate mousse. I'd love to report that I ate all that, but I was running around so fast that I only ate the caprese salad and had a glass of sparkling cider. It was lots of fun, though! I need dinner ideas, too, Karla, so let us know what you end up having!

We'll hold you to it, MM!

Mmm... LMS... cheddar and mushroom omlette sounds delicious!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:32 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
JCO, 21 people! I can barely throw something together for a family of 6... I started posting on the other thread and since then...

non-fat vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries

about to eat some seedless watermelon for a snack before dinner Jeannie

Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
jco
you passed up on chocolate mousse !!!!!
Heck I would of been camped out in the kitchen with the whole bowl

still no ideas on what to have for dinner sigh

karla

Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM

I had broccoli and cheese soup with garlic bread for lunch... thought I'd add it in! Karla, I didn't technically pass on the chocolate mousse. Basically, somone nabbed my cup before I got to it!

Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
I had broccoli and cheese soup with garlic bread for lunch... thought I'd add it in! Karla, I didn't technically pass on the chocolate mousse. Basically, somone nabbed my cup before I got to it!

Shame on you Jco! Why didn't you nab it back? The nerve of some people! Good thing I wasn't there or there would have been a nabbing war. (you didn't even keep any hidden for later? )

Old 08-26-2007, 04:45 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco View Post
Well, yeah, I started on Saturday's also. But I had a little turkey on whole wheat toast after that. I don't know what to have for dinner. I'm actually starving although I've eaten a lot today but guess not the "right" things. Will have to get used to that soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals