Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 PM
jco jco started this thread

2,121 posts, read 6,455,827 times

Advertisements

I feel empowered by our dear Karla. If she can announce a special day, I can announce a "no sweets" day! Who's with me?

Let us know what you did eat today, and what you COULD have and didn't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 01:02 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,393,917 times
jco - you try killing me?

With the food journal I already eat less than I want but no sweets??? I think I would die without my daily sugar even if it's only a little bit.

Does chocolate milk count as sweets?

Because that's my breakfast today. With 50 calories per 100ml I think it's okay to drink half a bottle. Otherwise I won't make it till lunch because I'm cutting food for breakfast today as I was a real bad girl yesterday.

However, I'm trying to let the wonderful chocolate with yoghurt and strawberry filling in the cupboard!

Good luck to all the others trying!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times
miguels mom
from everything I have read and heard you would be better of cutting back on your lunch and dinner instead of breakfast.
BY cutting back or skipping breakfast you risk being so hungry at lunch you eat more.
When my trainer at the gym told me I would lose more weight and speed up my metabolism by eating I had my doubts but figured what did I have to lose by trying. Well so far it is almost 10 pounds
karla

Old 08-27-2007, 03:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,258,340 times
I have already blown it. I had Cocoa Puffs for breakfast, and the tea I am drinking has a ridiculous amount of sugar in it.

jco, when Karla does a special day it is fun. Yours is messing with the natural order of things.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:58 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,393,917 times
Karla - I know it would be better to just not eat late. But that is harder than eating nothing till let's say one or two p.m. It's 1 p.m. now and I didn't eat anything yet. Only had half of this bottle of chocolate milk and a cappucino.
For lunch I'll have some cauliflower and a roll. There's not more in the fridge so I don't need to be afraid of eating more *g*

I also cannot manage to not eat in the evening when hubbie has dinner. I have to cook for him anyway so why not eat a small portion then. Gonna have chicken this evening.

Anyway basically I don't have to lose weight. I only have to lose 2kg to get back to my old self from before being pregnant and I was quite thin then. I guess as soon as I start my real sports lessons again the 2kg will be gone extremely fast.
I'm fitness coach for step aerobic and tae-bo/aerobics so I work out 2 a week. But with the kid and my evening classes I'll start them next year again. So only sports at home so far...

Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,145,906 times
miguels mom I keep forgetting your a few hours ahead of us.

For lunch I'll have some cauliflower and a roll my sister loves this stuff lol .

I agree on the smaller portions for dinner .
how much is 2kg?
your a step and toebo instructor very cool . I am amazed by my instructors energy. I couldn't imagine having that much energy to do a bunch of classes each week. kudos to you !!!

well I was thinking about having some cereal to help fend off the lure of the donuts but I think instead I will get my self a bagel that way I am not totally depreived. lol besides the only cereal I have is booberry

Old 08-27-2007, 05:59 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,358,380 times
Ah c'mon, you mean I have to go without my nightly serving of ice cream, even if it's a little bit?
Okay, I'll do it.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 AM

986 posts, read 2,810,215 times
It was my Mom's 80th birthday party yesterday..I will not write down what I ate...I had a terrible eating day!!!
I will check back later with a much better eating journal!!!
I started out with cherrios this morning before I go to the gym.
Have a great day!!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:04 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,358,380 times
Karla-
You have booberry cereal which made me laugh.
I have ezekial cereal in the pantry but I buy this other cereal at the health food store called panda puffs. It's a kids cereal, it says but it's a peanut butter puffy cereal and the box has pictures of pandas on it and I'm a sucker for pandas.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
the only cereal I have is booberry
Ahh yes....booberry, frankenberry,and count chocula, I remember them well.......late night last night on the computer, no less. I felt like an addict on the games and trivia part of the forum. Anyway, yesterday was day 2 for me, and yes, no sweets may be tough, but I'm willing to make a go of it. Haven't eaten yet, just my coffee with splenda and soy milk.....check back later. Jeannie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals