Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,631,224 times

Advertisements

Good morning!

Well, the day before Thanksgiving, and I'm sure a lot of you have some preparation ahead. I've yet to prepare a Thanksgiving meal, but a promise to my daughter that our first Thanksgiving in NC, I would have the honors. Thats when I'll be bothering all of you for cooking advice! On my way to work this morning. Tomorrow, my mother-in-law will have my whole family over, hubby, and 4 kiddies (I say kiddes, my 2 oldest are 20 and 21). My 2 oldest are looking forward to a terrific meal, as my 8 and 10 year old. Oh, and can you believe in the 60's tomorrow? I love it! Coffee with spelnda and soymilk...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Coffee-5.gif (broken link) okay, minus the doughnut. Have a great day everyone! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/thththththlittlehappywedwish3tp.gif (broken link) Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 04:08 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,156,221 times
no prep here we are going to my mother-in-laws
I am a tad bit nervous she is getting a fried turkey which is fine but she said "I am picking it up on Wed, I can just reheat it in the microwave Thurs "
lol can i bring a pizza

it is going to be 71 tomorrow with a chance of thunderstorms
what a shame, we may have to come home early because the one dog is so afraid of thunder

tee hee

don't get me wrong I love my mil but come on microwaved turkey

karla

Old 11-21-2007, 06:36 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,673,439 times
Happy Hump Day! I did something really stupid yesterday and made a total mess. I took a tumbler out of the dishwasher and put a piece of ice in it and a cold drink in it. I noticed that the front door was not properly locked so I set the drink on the dining room table and went over to lock the door--this was about 10 P. M. I heard a noise behind me and looked. The goblet had split in half and the drink was running off the table onto the carpet. I had put cold drink in a warm glass! I know better than to do that!

I am having coffee and milk and banana and a roll with calcium shedd spread. Have to get something in my stomach because once we get in the car, I may not get any more food. I am taking my chocolates with me just in case I get too hungry. DD says she will have spaghetti for us when we get there. Can't wait to see my 12 year old grandchild.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:39 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I am a tad bit nervous she is getting a fried turkey which is fine but she said "I am picking it up on Wed, I can just reheat it in the microwave Thurs "
lol can i bring a pizza

what a shame, we may have to come home early because the one dog is so afraid of thunder

tee hee

karla
I am with you. That sounds horrible. The microwave usually makes meat taste wild. Hope she has some vegetables for you. Beef is good in the microwave, but I do not fix chicken or pork in the microwave.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:39 AM

ooo i had healthy oatmeal
and half an orange

Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
I am with you. That sounds horrible. The microwave usually makes meat taste wild. Hope she has some vegetables for you. Beef is good in the microwave, but I do not fix chicken or pork in the microwave.
I don't eat veggies ***gasp****
so it may end up being mashed potatos and rolls lol I can put peanut butter on the rolls

lol when she said she was going to do that I sorta blurted out" nuked turkey is nasty" lol so much for tact
I hope to get there early enough so I can hold some back I like cold turkey

Old 11-21-2007, 06:47 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Good morning!

Well, the day before Thanksgiving, and I'm sure a lot of you have some preparation ahead. I've yet to prepare a Thanksgiving meal, but a promise to my daughter that our first Thanksgiving in NC, I would have the honors. Thats when I'll be bothering all of you for cooking advice! On my way to work this morning. Tomorrow, my mother-in-law will have my whole family over, hubby, and 4 kiddies (I say kiddes, my 2 oldest are 20 and 21). My 2 oldest are looking forward to a terrific meal, as my 8 and 10 year old. Oh, and can you believe in the 60's tomorrow? I love it! Coffee with spelnda and soymilk...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Coffee-5.gif (broken link) okay, minus the doughnut. Have a great day everyone! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/thththththlittlehappywedwish3tp.gif (broken link) Jeannie
Sorry you have to go to work today. With the weather changes, I am really wondering why everyone is moving to North Carolina. I am thinking about heading up to Maine. I am just posting this to let you know that they will still be kiddies when they are 40+. I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner. You just get up and put the parades on TV and start cooking. After a while the guests start arriving, if they didn't get here the day before. The house is warm with all kinds of good smells and sounds. Then you set the table and everyone sits down and 20 minutes later the food is gone! Everybody goes to the livingroom to watch TV and sneak a nap. Happy Thanksgiving. I am going to finish packing.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:25 AM

humm...never had it that way before. You'll have to let us all know how it turns out. Oh and , hold the anchovies.. Karla, my dog freaks out with storms also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol can i bring a pizza

tee hee

karla

Old 11-21-2007, 07:27 AM

NCN, where is your daughter again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
Happy Hump Day! I did something really stupid yesterday and made a total mess. I took a tumbler out of the dishwasher and put a piece of ice in it and a cold drink in it. I noticed that the front door was not properly locked so I set the drink on the dining room table and went over to lock the door--this was about 10 P. M. I heard a noise behind me and looked. The goblet had split in half and the drink was running off the table onto the carpet. I had put cold drink in a warm glass! I know better than to do that!

I am having coffee and milk and banana and a roll with calcium shedd spread. Have to get something in my stomach because once we get in the car, I may not get any more food. I am taking my chocolates with me just in case I get too hungry. DD says she will have spaghetti for us when we get there. Can't wait to see my 12 year old grandchild.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:47 AM

448 posts, read 1,051,211 times
Turkey in the microwave? She must have a huge microwave! I'm sure there will be plenty of other good stuff to eat, there always is.
Just have coffee so far Maybe I will go have some shredded wheat to fill me up awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals