Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,632,075 times

Advertisements

Good morning!

I thought it would be some fun if once a week we had "share a healthy treat" day when we can give each other a "healthy" recipe for a snack, meal, etc. I'm always looking for new ideas and healthier ways for meals and snacks so if anyone would like to offer something, please do. So how is everyone today? Just a reminder for those that are interested the "send in your baby pic" contest ends on Saturday...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/babies2.jpg (broken link)...so please check it out if you have some time...should be fun! https://www.city-data.com/forum/other...your-baby.html. Off to work now, then off for 4 days. I sell items on Ebay and need to spend a good part of the weekend getting them done...a little extra spending money for Christmas. Coffee with splenda and soymilk so far...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/11_6_8.gif (broken link)...Oh, and I almost forgot, big game tonight in Dallas against the Packers...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Smileyfootballplayer.gif (broken link)...Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,159,357 times
good morning jeannie

healthy treat recipes hmmm am going to have to think about that one

I have a very limited cooking repertoire
lol thats a fancy way of saying because I am such a picky eater I don't cook many different things

so far this morning
diet pepsi
and a fresh poppy seed bagel

Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,676,682 times
I take boneless, skinless chicken tenders (about 12) and cook them. Let them cool and add Sonny's barbecue sauce (about one cup) after you pull the chicken apart and then reheat until the barbecue is good and hot. Low fat and not too much sugar barbecue sandwishes when combined with a bun and shredded cabbage. You won't miss all the dressings in the cabbage. Sometimes I add salt to the cabbage, but the barbecue has enough flavor so this is not necessary. Dh loves these. Now I will ask him if he wants anything in the cabbage and he quickly says no. You can't save the extra cabbage without making slaw though.

I am getting ready for the usual breakfast of coffee and milk and a banana and maybe oatmeal. We are going into Charlotte today. We live about 20 miles out, the way the crow flies.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
good morning jeannie

healthy treat recipes hmmm am going to have to think about that one

I have a very limited cooking repertoire
lol thats a fancy way of saying because I am such a picky eater I don't cook many different things

so far this morning
diet pepsi
and a fresh poppy seed bagel
Hi Karla! Umm yes, well that was my way of saying I'm not not smooth in the cooking area.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 AM

that sounds yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
I take boneless, skinless chicken tenders (about 12) and cook them. Let them cool and add Sonny's barbecue sauce (about one cup) after you pull the chicken apart and then reheat until the barbecue is good and hot. Low fat and not too much sugar barbecue sandwishes when combined with a bun and shredded cabbage. You won't miss all the dressings in the cabbage. Sometimes I add salt to the cabbage, but the barbecue has enough flavor so this is not necessary. Dh loves these. Now I will ask him if he wants anything in the cabbage and he quickly says no. You can't save the extra cabbage without making slaw though.

I am getting ready for the usual breakfast of coffee and milk and a banana and maybe oatmeal. We are going into Charlotte today. We live about 20 miles out, the way the crow flies.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:32 AM

72,452 posts, read 18,221,165 times
Good morning!
Blueberry bread and soymilk

Yeah I will try to have a baby picture,should be fun!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,112,021 times
Oatmeal and Green tea so far today.

I eat as healthy as I can. Some of my healthy treats are Cliff Bars and All Natural frozen fruit bars. I'm not a cook so I have no recipes but I would love to see others peoples recipes. Maybe I could try some of them.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,676,682 times
Your can use any barbecue sauce on the chicken tenders. The only important thing to remember is to cook the tenders first because most of them have a liquid inside and if you try to shortcut like I did once the only thing you will get is slightly colored no flavor ugh!

I wasn't going to tell you this, but I am so excited. Dh and I have birthdays one day apart (don't bother asking, we don't have birthdays anymore) so we both filed for Social Security retirement today. We went in together and the poor girl just about swallowed her bubble gum. After she recovered from her shock, she did just fine. I think we all had fun. The best part is that even if we didn't have investments, we would still have enough to live on. I have been seeing these people thinking of moving after retirement and wondered how they can do that. Well, your money to live on is not that different, because when you are working, you are putting away for retirement. Now I am so glad we did.

We went to Olive Garden on Independence. They know us now. The hostess told us Merry Christmas if she didn't see us before. Soup, salad and rolls was our choice for the day.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:10 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,269,546 times
Treats? That is my area of expertise! Healthy? Well.....maybe more healthy than some.....

Just had a milkshake. I used vanilla frozen yogurt and fresh squeezed orange juice (one of the things I like about living in FL, fresh o.j. if I am not being too lazy to pick a few oranges) instead of milk. Tasted just like a creamsicle, yummy!

I also have a regular juice extractor and I love to take a big, ripe pear or some carrots & make some juice. If you are into V-8 you can actually make your own. I don't particularly care for tomatoes (or any veggie for that matter), but I make all kinds of fresh juice.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:14 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,269,546 times
Here is one that I just remembered. Cut up whatever kind of fresh fruit you like. Put into a bowl and toss with Cool Whip. Enjoy.

Or, take an angel food cake & cut it crosswise instead of up & down. Spread fruit mixed with cool whip or vanilla yogurt onto the top of one half & place the other half on top of that (like a layer cake). Mmmmm, I love that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals