Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 07:33 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Are the festivities really over? I feel like I blinked twice and we were done! Christmas Eve was fun with my Dad, sister and hubby, my 3 year old niece and nephew twins, all of my stepmom's family, and of course my children. Came home, Santa did his work for the night and went to bed. then Christmas Day, open presents, and then my mother-in-law's house for the day, home to bed, and here I am. The house looks like a cyclone hit it though so thats how I'll spend the rest of my day today...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/c-16.gif (broken link)...How was everyone elses holiday? Coffee with splenda and soymilk...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/glitterfy195126195A5L.gif (broken link)and a great day to everyone! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/wednesday.jpg (broken link) Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,710,794 times
It's not over until it's over and we are just getting ready for dd and girls to arrive. Dsil has to work, so dd is bringing an extra girl along. The extra girl is my step-great-grandchild. She is best friends with my grandchild. They were best friends before my dd met this child's grandfather who is now my sil. Yes, it is complicated. Should be lively here until Friday.

I had lots of junk yesterday, so I am back to controlled junk today. Yesterday was a no points day. I am not weighing until New Year's Day.

Coffee and milk (1)
banana (1)
oatmeal cake (4)

I am doing damage control before the company gets here too.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:52 AM

NCN, I had to read that 3 times but I think I get it now. I'm glad your enjoying yourself and yes, the heck with the points for the holidays. I know its pretty much impossible for me to be good this week. Too many temptations. Enjoy! Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
It's not over until it's over and we are just getting ready for dd and girls to arrive. Dsil has to work, so dd is bringing an extra girl along. The extra girl is my step-great-grandchild. She is best friends with my grandchild. They were best friends before my dd met this child's grandfather who is now my sil. Yes, it is complicated. Should be lively here until Friday.

I had lots of junk yesterday, so I am back to controlled junk today. Yesterday was a no points day. I am not weighing until New Year's Day.

Coffee and milk (1)
banana (1)
oatmeal cake (4)

I am doing damage control before the company gets here too.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:55 AM
NCN

Jeannie, I just saw that family photo and you are so blessed. It is so comforting to know we have such capable children to look out for us when we get old--in about 20 or 30 years.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:06 AM
NCN

My daughter runs and will go out and run for five miles at a time. She gets soaking wet and her hair looks like something the dog drags in when she does that. She was in this condition when she stopped by her neighbors home to pick up her daughter who was visiting with the girl who is coming today when she met this girls grandfather. He saw her in this condition and still asked her for a date??? He is very athletic also. He has been coaching baseball for more than 10 years. He is 10 years older than she is, but does not look like it.

My grandchild likes to tell the story of how a little girl at church told her that she looks like her father. She said she asked the girl when she had seen her father. The little girl pointed to her step-father and said, "He is right over there."

Old 12-26-2007, 08:16 AM

Now that is a nice story. I do have to say I think there is nothing more attractive than a fit male or female, no matter what age. In fact, the older your are and the more fit you are, the more attractive you are. Its easy to be attractive when your young, but the credit comes as you age and you keep yourself fit. My step-mother is almost 70, and goes to the gym at least 4 times a week. She looks great!

Last edited by jeannie216; 12-26-2007 at 08:30 AM..

Old 12-26-2007, 10:12 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,405,016 times
Hey ladies,

it's good to hear you passed the holidays well.
And Jeannie, you're completely correct! I also have some women in my sports lessons who are 60+ and they are so great. They are more lively and have a better vibes than some half their age.

I was pretty good over the last 3 days. Although the food is always very fat or laden with sugar over the holidays I lost about 1lbs because I was too stressed to eat much. Moreover I didn't have any breakfast at all, only some lunch and then all the day nothing and only some small things in the evening. Also my appetite went down a bit, too. Lucky me...

So no breakfast today. For dinner I had a duck leg, dumpling and kale (it's the only translation I found ) but I didn't take any sauce because it was the pure fat. My cousin had her 17th birthday today so we visited her and I had a piece of cream curd tarte with plums. At the moment I'm not hungry although it's already dinner time.

Jeannie, where can I find the pics you posted?

Old 12-26-2007, 10:16 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,186,449 times
hi all
well my diet is still going downhill
this morning I had my usual wake up caffeine free diet pepsi (lol I know,your saying how can it wake you up without the caffeine lol it's all about the bubbles)

Then realizing I had so much bacon left from yesterdays breakfast I make pancakes to go along have you ever taken a pancake and rolled it around bacon yum yum lol

dinner tonight was going to be left over ham but if you visited the exercise thread you know that won't be happening

oh lol I had to "sample" a couple of the "cella chocolate cherries" that santa brought me

see I'm going downhill fast

Old 12-26-2007, 10:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,186,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
dumpling and kale I had a piece of cream curd tarte with plums.
Hi miguels mom hope you had a great holiday

though I have to say you have some pretty unusual food over in your neck of the woods

Old 12-26-2007, 10:22 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,405,016 times
Well it's not so unusual here. We don't do much with large turkeys but with small ducks and I find the legs most delicious. And I had the kale because of lack of something different. My MIL didn't find it necessary to prepare something else for me .

I cooked lunch for my in-laws on the 24th. And had such a one pot wonder. Very nice tender pork and beef meat cut small, fried with onion, garlic, thyme and half a bottle red wine. This was put in a large pot. Then came some sliced carrots and some sliced potatoes. It was cooked for 2 hours and it was delicious - well, the in-laws didn't like it, but hubby and me enjoyed it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals