Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:19 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,624,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovIzzy View Post
Good luck on the open house!
Thank you Izzy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 03:22 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,624,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I was too tired to tell you the funniest part of the story. The special was for 10 pieces of thighs and legs and for $2 extra you could get different pieces of chicken. Dh asked what the different pieces of chicken were and the young man at the counter said that it was $2 extra if you got a mixture of original or krispy. We explained to him that we don't like thighs and we had originally wanted to pay the $2 extra and get the different chicken pieces, but we had wanted things like breasts and wings and no thighs at all. (What the young man did not know is that we knew that is what the different pieces meant because we had already had that Sunday when we came home from Virginia and bought it at the Monroe KFC.) The young man called the manager over and she verified that the $2 extra was for getting the chicken original and krispy together. He then said that we could get just legs only and I told him we did not want a mixture, that we wanted to get original only. He called the manager over and had her take off the $2 extra. I told him that legs were just fine and my dh said for the two sides we want potato wedges and slaw. And we thought we had ordered.

The only thing I can think may have happened is that he thought he had picked up the potato wedges in a box and he got biscuits. There were already four biscuits in with the chicken. We were charged over $16 so I think we were charged for an extra potatoes and gravy, or maybe not?? When we got to where my daughter and daughter-in-law were our granddaughter said. Grandma and Pepaw confused the people at KFC so we don't have any potato wedges. My daughter said, "That happens a lot. They can confuse almost anybody." She has explained to us many times that at the fast food places you only order Number so and so and do not get anything different because if the person could think to get you anything different they would not be working at a fast food place. I don't agree with that. I am sure there are some very intelligent people working at fast food places, who are just underemployed at the moment. I can't prove that by what happened yesterday.

Really we had just wanted to get what the sign said without thighs. We just throw thighs away. They don't taste good. We get a roasted chicken almost every Sunday at Harris Teeter and our cat gets the thighs--after we take the bones out, of course.

Now tell me, who's on first!
wait a minute, let me read this again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals