Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:15 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times

Advertisements

Good morning! I seemed to have forgotten how much I really don't like this window washing thing. You see, we have the old kind which you need to take out the screen, and the two storm windows, and then kind of sit on the edge of the window sill (from the second floor I may remind you) and Windex inside and out. PITB to say the least...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/aa8.gif (broken link)...Then after washing and ironing the curtains, I must say, lookin pretty good. 7 more windows to go and then I can start working outside and enjoy some of this beautiful weather. So what are everyone else's plans for today? Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great day! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
Jeannie, that is way too much activity for me this early in the morning. Dh just called. He got to Winston-Salem. Now what do I do with a whole day!

Coffee and milk (2)--while playing on the computer.
2 slices turkey bologna
2 slices whitewheat
banana

I am one of those persons who wakes up hungry as a bear.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, that is way too much activity for me this early in the morning. Dh just called. He got to Winston-Salem. Now what do I do with a whole day!

Coffee and milk (2)--while playing on the computer.
2 slices turkey bologna
2 slices whitewheat
banana

I am one of those persons who wakes up hungry as a bear.
well NCN, you can hang out here with me. You will see although I am busy, I do manage to take frequent breaks for CD. I usually don't get hungry until after my work-out, somewhere between 10 and 11.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:10 AM
NCN

I am in a Spring cleaning mood. I think I will spend a whole day without getting in the car for anything, but to clean it out, maybe. Just hanging out here!

Jeannie, I had expired eggs, so I cooked them for the cat last night after I fried the turkey sausage. Would you believe the possum came before the cat got more than three bites of those eggs? I was so mad at him. Possums are really mean animals, so the cat just let him have the eggs. We feed that animal well. He is the biggest possum I have ever seen.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am in a Spring cleaning mood. I think I will spend a whole day without getting in the car for anything, but to clean it out, maybe. Just hanging out here!

Jeannie, I had expired eggs, so I cooked them for the cat last night after I fried the turkey sausage. Would you believe the possum came before the cat got more than three bites of those eggs? I was so mad at him. Possums are really mean animals, so the cat just let him have the eggs. We feed that animal well. He is the biggest possum I have ever seen.
smart kitty.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:21 AM

72,477 posts, read 18,229,368 times
Smart kitty and smart Jeannie. You guys work too hard. I have those type of windows too. I don't like washing them either. I know it gets really dirty,yuck!

Somethng differnt this morning:
Coffee,scrambled eggs and some peas.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:41 AM

Good morning Izzy! Yes, lots of dirt, bugs, spiderwebs, etc. I'd rather be at the beach.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:10 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Good morning Izzy! Yes, lots of dirt, bugs, spiderwebs, etc. I'd rather be at the beach.
That's so funny! Wouldn't we all. After a week at the condo, I have been trying to figure out some way to get a second home type condo. Don't count me out yet. It was really great looking out over the ocean and although I like my yard, I think I could get used to just walking on the beach. I think I would want to keep my home too.

We met a couple that stayed in Myrtle Beach or one of the beaches in a rented condo for the winter and went back to their inland home during the more expensive months. It is so hot in the Summer that we all mostly stay inside in the air conditioning, so that sounds like a good plan to not go into debt and to still help out someone who owns a condo to provide income for the winter.

Hamburger with tomato slices and bun
coffee and milk
peppermint stick

Old 04-24-2008, 12:15 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,401,099 times
Beach, oh I want to come too! I can use a bit of relaxing now!

My day was pretty busy today.

Got up at 7:15 a.m. with DS and shared 3(!!!) waffles with him. You can imagine who got the biggest part of them. I love waffles.

Then I put him in his stroller and took a short walk of about half an hour around the town.
Afterwards I took an even shorter walk (only 15 minutes) with my friend and DS b/c DS was bored by all the trees in the woods. So we got back home and while chatting with my friend I crawled on the lawn with DS.

I also cleaned my kitchen window and the balcony door and all the kitchen cabinets from the outside (glass doors etc). That was enough housework for the day.

This afternoon DS and me visited my grandparents in their garden and played on the lawn and on the playground. I guess that wasn't very good for my tailbone it's hurting more now.

Lunch was potatoes, meatballs and creamsauce.
I got a really delicious piece of cake from my grandparents which I shared with DS.
And dinner was -- hmmm -- rather much. I bought a piece of smoked redfish and nibbled at it. Along with the fish I had a slice of fresh bread.
But then I got the great idea to put plum jam on this delicious bread and had 2 and a half more slices. At the moment I'm unstoppable when eating

Old 04-24-2008, 06:07 PM

after a very long and productive day...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

vanilla yogurt with flaxseed and Grapenuts

grilled chicken parm on whole wheat bread

I plan on having a nice cup of reduced sugar hot chocolate later.

Have a wonderful evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals