Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:33 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,623,776 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Today is a work day so up and at em. I still have a difficult time getting up at this hour. So our much needed rain yesterday was a good thing, even may see some more today, but hoping to see some sunshine by tomorrow...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/sunny.gif (broken link)...Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/tea-12.jpg (broken link)...hoping everyone has a wonderful Tuesday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,645,055 times
Telephone woke me up this morning. No one on it and it stopped ringing before I got to it. Tried to call son and no one answered. Sort of put me in a quandary. Probably a political call. They are swarming us this week.

peanut butter and vanilla wafers--um good
coffee and milk

Good day everyone.

Think I will pretend company is coming and try to see our home from their point of view. That ought to get me going.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:16 AM

Good morning NCN.

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 AM

72,423 posts, read 18,207,697 times
Good mornig Jeannie & NCN

I hear a lot of people that they would eat small meals like 5 times a day. I wonder what kind of food to eat. My biggest meal is lunch,after lunch I don't snack until dinner which is veggies. My tummy is not big but my gut is big-my upper part. I know walking is great,but it's not making my tummy smaller. I just wondered about the 5 meals a day thing

soymilk with oatmeal,toast
Supplements

Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovIzzy View Post
Good mornig Jeannie & NCN

I hear a lot of people that they would eat small meals like 5 times a day. I wonder what kind of food to eat. My biggest meal is lunch,after lunch I don't snack until dinner which is veggies. My tummy is not big but my gut is big-my upper part. I know walking is great,but it's not making my tummy smaller. I just wondered about the 5 meals a day thing

soymilk with oatmeal,toast
Supplements
Good question Izzy. They say small frequent meals are best to keep the metabolism going. I see changes when I keep up the cardiovascular workouts, along with weights also. They seem to do the trick for me.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM

Jeannie,maybe we need to look into it. good idea

Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM

This looks like good info for 5 meals a day plan
http://www.fitnessessentials.ca/5mealsaday.pdf

Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 PM

I like the chew gum while your baking trick. Going to try that when I'm cooking too.

small piece of grilled chicken with ketchup
vanilla yogurt with Grapenuts and flaxseed
red grapes, blueberries, and melon

corn muffin
vanilla yogurt

Night all!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:46 PM

7,145 posts, read 12,681,095 times
Oh, I was so naughty this AM. 99% of the time I eat a healthy breakfast--oatmeal with sliced banana and raisins or whole grain cereal with fresh fruit like blueberries or strawberries...but not this morning. This morning I woke up craving a cheese biscuit from the nearby Piggly Wiggly and so I rode my bike over there and nabbed one and brought it home with me, still warm, and ate it with a glass of apple juice and enjoyed it very much. No guilt. Once in a while, isn't it great fun to fall off the healthy eating wagon? Guess I'll have to add 15 minutes onto my treadmill time. But it was worth it...

Old 04-29-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Oh, I was so naughty this AM. 99% of the time I eat a healthy breakfast--oatmeal with sliced banana and raisins or whole grain cereal with fresh fruit like blueberries or strawberries...but not this morning. This morning I woke up craving a cheese biscuit from the nearby Piggly Wiggly and so I rode my bike over there and nabbed one and brought it home with me, still warm, and ate it with a glass of apple juice and enjoyed it very much. No guilt. Once in a while, isn't it great fun to fall off the healthy eating wagon? Guess I'll have to add 15 minutes onto my treadmill time. But it was worth it...
Hi LittleDolphin! great to see ya here! We all cheat once in a while,that's the way it should be. Right,Jeannie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals