Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times

Advertisements

Good morning and a very Happy Mother's Day to everyone! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/th2mothersdayhearts.gif (broken link) A beautiful day here in NJ this morning, sunny and warm. Whether you are a Mom, Grandmom, daughter or son, or just have that special woman in your life to be thankful for, today is the day to do it. I tell my children that today is important to me because it lets me show them how much I love being their Mom and how blessed I really am. A friend of mine at work yesterday shared how difficult this day could be for her because she lost her Mom when she was a little girl. Now, a mother of 2, ages 3 and 6, I told her its time to let her children show her how special it really is. So, a very Happy Mother's Day to all my friends here and enjoy your day!

Mother's Prayer

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm,
Since you called on me to be a mom.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with building blocks.
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose.

Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last week's mail to read,
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of your grace,
I see then in my small one's face,

That you have blessed me all the while,
As I stop to kiss that precious smile.

...Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 AM

72,477 posts, read 18,229,368 times
That's a beautiful prayer,Jeannie!

Happy Mother's Day to you and to all the grandmothers,mothers,mother to be

Enjoy your day!

Old 05-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLovIzzy View Post
That's a beautiful prayer,Jeannie!

Happy Mother's Day to you and to all the grandmothers,mothers,mother to be

Enjoy your day!
Izzy, a big Happy Mother's Day to your Mom! I hope she enjoys her day.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:31 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,401,099 times
Jeannie, thanks for sharing the prayer and the story!

I hope you two have a great day.

It's already 7:30 p.m. so my day's nearly over and I'm really tiered.

Yesterday evening was very special and we had lots of fun. Just that you know what my cousin and her bf cooked for us:

1st course
a fillet of steamed catfish with a little salad

2nd course
beef fillet with stewed savoy cabbage and potatoe biscuits

3rd course
rhubarb puree with vanilla sauce

It was all very delicious and I couldn't move afterwards but was pursuaded to go and play badminton with them which was really silly and funny.

This morning I had a bike tour with my parents and DS b/c DH helped our friends with their house. We drove 2,5 miles, visited my grandparents in their garden and drove the 2.5 miles back. It was a good workout and I saw I really need to practice b/c my thighs were aching afterwards and I plan on going to work by bike next week...

We spent the afternoon in our garden playing with DS and I could read a little...

big piece of strawberry tarte WITH WHIPPED CREAM for breakfast
spaghetti with bolognese sauce for lunch
snack: yogurt
dinner: slices of w/w rye bread gratinated with salami, bacon and cheese

Now I feel like weighing a ton... Off to relax and read a bit.

Take care
Diana

Old 05-11-2008, 12:50 PM

Diana, I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Everything sounds yummy.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:40 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
It is a very special day. The baby is still doing fine, the two year old has decided to eat for a change and my 12 year old granddaughter served my daughter breakfast in bed. I got two calls--one from each of my children and a very special card from my husband.

Breakfast was usual banana, peanut granola bar and coffee and milk.
Lunch was roasted chicken and slaw mix with sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise.

I made peach cobbler for me and cherry cobbler for my husband.

Then I became a couch potato and watched TV and had little naps while dh worked.

Dinner was leftover chicken and corn on the cob. I only had about 2 bites of chicken. I made chicken salad with those leftovers and will probably have that for lunch tomorrow.

One of the things I watched was radar of a tornado that went from the mountains through the piedmont. It touched down twice, but only had slight property damage. It was a beautiful cloud that passed several miles North of us. The sun was shinning here when we saw the cloud far off. It kept going for more than 2 hours and had golf ball size and regular size hail. Not much lightning though.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It is a very special day. The baby is still doing fine, the two year old has decided to eat for a change and my 12 year old granddaughter served my daughter breakfast in bed. I got two calls--one from each of my children and a very special card from my husband.

Breakfast was usual banana, peanut granola bar and coffee and milk.
Lunch was roasted chicken and slaw mix with sugar, vinegar, and mayonnaise.

I made peach cobbler for me and cherry cobbler for my husband.

Then I became a couch potato and watched TV and had little naps while dh worked.

Dinner was leftover chicken and corn on the cob. I only had about 2 bites of chicken. I made chicken salad with those leftovers and will probably have that for lunch tomorrow.

One of the things I watched was radar of a tornado that went from the mountains through the piedmont. It touched down twice, but only had slight property damage. It was a beautiful cloud that passed several miles North of us. The sun was shinning here when we saw the cloud far off. It kept going for more than 2 hours and had golf ball size and regular size hail. Not much lightning though.
I'm glad you had a special Mother's Day NCN. We went out for our brunch and we went all out. I overdid it, but it was fun. My oldest played some baseball with the two youngest afterwards and then an early bedtime. Going to start today's thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals