Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 06:47 PM

1,555 posts, read 777,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Possibly food poisoning or a stomach bug?
That’s what I am thinking. I had not vomit in over a decade when I got a viral infection which had fever. You mean I ate something that was not cooked correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2023, 07:03 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
You know, in the summer if things sit out, they can spoil. That is one concern I have about food delivery which is so popular, or even grocery delivery as I have seen things sit for too long without being refrigerated.

Sometimes, ingredients change in things too, especially recently with prices going up, everyone is looking to cut corners to keep their profits from falling due to inflation.

Hopefully, you won't have the problem again, but be mindful of what you eat and where it comes from just in case.

Old 06-08-2023, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You know, in the summer if things sit out, they can spoil. That is one concern I have about food delivery which is so popular, or even grocery delivery as I have seen things sit for too long without being refrigerated.

Sometimes, ingredients change in things too, especially recently with prices going up, everyone is looking to cut corners to keep their profits from falling due to inflation.

Hopefully, you won't have the problem again, but be mindful of what you eat and where it comes from just in case.
I did order food from a restaurant from DoorDash.

Old 06-08-2023, 07:05 PM

Still feeling weak so couldn’t workout in the gym but did do 30 minutes of walking on a treadmill. Good thing I got tons of paid sick hour pay from work.

Old 06-09-2023, 06:17 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,746,390 times
Not to be gross, but are you having any of the Big D going on? I had the worst vomiting and diarrhea from some food, or maybe dirty utensils, at a restaurant. Food poisoning. It's actually pretty common. It hit about 2 hours after I ate there and lasted about 36 hours. I couldn't even leave my apartment I was so sick, because as soon as I walked away from the bathroom I had to run back there. All of this should pass soon once it's out of your system. If it's not gone by tomorrow, go back to the doctor.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:01 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,420,386 times
It probably just a virus or other bug. There's a gazillion different noroviruses, for example, and they are crazy contagious. So if you've left the house, you could have easily gotten one. And the main symptom is vomiting. They usually resolve themselves in a relatively short time.

Just rest and stay hydrated. If you're not better in a day or two, re-visit the doctor.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:30 AM

36,413 posts, read 16,022,206 times
Imodium otc is for Diarrhea, not nausea. Since you don't have that I wouldn't take it. I'm guessing some kind of food poisoning, but you would probably have diarrhea with that for the body to get rid of it, instead just vomiting. Was it after you had eaten?

Old 06-09-2023, 10:01 AM

41 posts, read 31,364 times
Question Possible Hack to Stop Vomiting from Stomach Flu

I cannot guarantee this, because I have not tried it. However, I know many people who swear that when you start vomiting for something like the stomach flu, just take a tablespoon of white vinegar. Sounds horrible to me, but people swear by it. Now, if I was vomiting and had no reason to suspect it was the stomach flu, I would be at the ER or the doctor. Common sense should tell people that if there is blood, pain, or does not stop in a reasonable time, it is not the stomach flu. A doctor I once worked for said he had to resort to this vinegar hack the day of his father's funeral or he would not have been able to attend. He said it worked, but he would be very selective about who he recommended it to. Don't ask me why he didn't take an anti-nausea medication. I don't know. Maybe he didn't have any at home. Just a tip to keep in mind--along with a lot of common sense.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:59 AM

7,492 posts, read 3,223,452 times
Don't forget about Urgent Care. They can give you something for nausea that works extremely fast...

Last year I had salmonella poisoning from peanut butter (got a call from Kroger) and I threw up every day for weeks/months. It was the strangest thing. I lost 30 pounds without trying.

Covid was still in high gear and I wasn't going anywhere near a doctor. I finally had to when I broke my kneecap in December.

Old 06-09-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Not to be gross, but are you having any of the Big D going on? I had the worst vomiting and diarrhea from some food, or maybe dirty utensils, at a restaurant. Food poisoning. It's actually pretty common. It hit about 2 hours after I ate there and lasted about 36 hours. I couldn't even leave my apartment I was so sick, because as soon as I walked away from the bathroom I had to run back there. All of this should pass soon once it's out of your system. If it's not gone by tomorrow, go back to the doctor.
Big D?

I was able to work today so doing much better. Loss of appetite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals