Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 06:56 PM

1,555 posts, read 778,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
It probably just a virus or other bug. There's a gazillion different noroviruses, for example, and they are crazy contagious. So if you've left the house, you could have easily gotten one. And the main symptom is vomiting. They usually resolve themselves in a relatively short time.

Just rest and stay hydrated. If you're not better in a day or two, re-visit the doctor.
Looks like my body gave up on fighting bad bacteria? Probably need more probiotics in my diet?

Getting much better but lost weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Imodium otc is for Diarrhea, not nausea. Since you don't have that I wouldn't take it. I'm guessing some kind of food poisoning, but you would probably have diarrhea with that for the body to get rid of it, instead just vomiting. Was it after you had eaten?
Not sure why online doc recommended Imodium? It was few hours after.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipm View Post
I cannot guarantee this, because I have not tried it. However, I know many people who swear that when you start vomiting for something like the stomach flu, just take a tablespoon of white vinegar. Sounds horrible to me, but people swear by it. Now, if I was vomiting and had no reason to suspect it was the stomach flu, I would be at the ER or the doctor. Common sense should tell people that if there is blood, pain, or does not stop in a reasonable time, it is not the stomach flu. A doctor I once worked for said he had to resort to this vinegar hack the day of his father's funeral or he would not have been able to attend. He said it worked, but he would be very selective about who he recommended it to. Don't ask me why he didn't take an anti-nausea medication. I don't know. Maybe he didn't have any at home. Just a tip to keep in mind--along with a lot of common sense.
No blood. Vinegar has no side effects like drugs do. Good choice if it worked.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Don't forget about Urgent Care. They can give you something for nausea that works extremely fast...

Last year I had salmonella poisoning from peanut butter (got a call from Kroger) and I threw up every day for weeks/months. It was the strangest thing. I lost 30 pounds without trying.

Covid was still in high gear and I wasn't going anywhere near a doctor. I finally had to when I broke my kneecap in December.
Didn’t feel like I needed urgent care. Maybe mine was Salmonella poisoning? How can we know for sure?

Your situation sounds very serious. Months? Wow. That is torture.

Last edited by Houston Area Man; 06-09-2023 at 07:32 PM..

Old 06-09-2023, 08:16 PM

7,526 posts, read 3,236,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Didn’t feel like I needed urgent care. Maybe mine was Salmonella poisoning? How can we know for sure?

Your situation sounds very serious. Months? Wow. That is torture.
Decades ago I had food poisoning from eating a crab salad at a very nice seafood restaurant in California. I went to the hospital and the doctor gave something that stopped it. The Salmonella I got a call from Kroger that I had purchased peanut butter that was identified as having salmonella. So, it was pretty obvious. My shrink, also an MD told me yes Salmonella can last that long.

But, I don't know if there is some test you can positively ID without just taking into account all the circumstantial information.

Old 06-09-2023, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Decades ago I had food poisoning from eating a crab salad at a very nice seafood restaurant in California. I went to the hospital and the doctor gave something that stopped it. The Salmonella I got a call from Kroger that I had purchased peanut butter that was identified as having salmonella. So, it was pretty obvious. My shrink, also an MD told me yes Salmonella can last that long.

But, I don't know if there is some test you can positively ID without just taking into account all the circumstantial information.
How did you resolve your issue?

Old 06-09-2023, 09:35 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,381,127 times
Stomach bug has been going around in Texas last couple of weeks - it was just your turn.
I was nauseated for about 12 hours, but fully recovered after about 48 hours. Never threw up prolly because I avoided eating the first day, but came close a few times.
Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Old 06-09-2023, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Stomach bug has been going around in Texas last couple of weeks - it was just your turn.
I was nauseated for about 12 hours, but fully recovered after about 48 hours. Never threw up prolly because I avoided eating the first day, but came close a few times.
Hope you’re feeling better soon.
Oh ok. Was this in news? Where did it originate from? I am on my way to recovery too. Tomorrow should be better.

Old 06-09-2023, 10:07 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,474,875 times
what allergy?
Back in April,I suffered from tree pollen allergy,did a lot of coughing,nothing seems to help.
Stomach flu could make one vomit?

Old 06-09-2023, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
what allergy?
Back in April,I suffered from tree pollen allergy,did a lot of coughing,nothing seems to help.
Stomach flu could make one vomit?
Possibly? Maybe it wasn’t stomach flu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals