Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,228 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Today is the last day I put my kids on the bus for the summer. Friday is the last day but we may do a little getaway weekend and leave friday morning so today is the day they say good-bye to all their friends. So what are your plans for today? Hopefully for me, a bit more sleep, exercise, and straighten up the house for the weekend. I will check back later and hoping everyone enjoys their day! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,709,156 times
I had only been in bed a couple of hours before you got up, Jeannie.
When does your school year begin? If our students go past the first week in June, they feel they are going to school all year. Of course, we do have year round schools. This happens only if the parents choose this and the school has air conditioning. Nothing worse than being in a hot classroom. I would hate to teach under that condition. I doubt much learning goes on in an open air classroom.

Coffee and milk
banana
2 strawberry eggo waffles

Old 06-19-2008, 07:53 AM

72,495 posts, read 18,237,198 times
Good morning Jeannie,NCN

I hope you are sleeping better NCN, have you tried meditation? it's makes you calmer and sleep better

I need to get those waffles,those are good!

banana,eggs and toast
soy milk

Old 06-19-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I had only been in bed a couple of hours before you got up, Jeannie.
When does your school year begin? If our students go past the first week in June, they feel they are going to school all year. Of course, we do have year round schools. This happens only if the parents choose this and the school has air conditioning. Nothing worse than being in a hot classroom. I would hate to teach under that condition. I doubt much learning goes on in an open air classroom.

Coffee and milk
banana
2 strawberry eggo waffles
Our kids go back to school after Labor Day. A few weeks after the NC schools, I believe. The classrooms are hot at this time. The kids even had a couple of 1/2 days last week because of the heat.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 AM

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 06-19-2008, 08:50 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Our kids go back to school after Labor Day. A few weeks after the NC schools, I believe. The classrooms are hot at this time. The kids even had a couple of 1/2 days last week because of the heat.
The day after Labor Day used to start our school year too. Then we got teacher work days and that extended the school year because our students have to go 180 days a year. We are a little whimpie with the rules in the mountains the last few years. If they get too much snow, they can shorten their school year below the 180 day requirement. The year my dh finished high school we had to go to school on Saturdays to get the required 180 days in. To make sure we showed up, each teacher was required to give a test. That was the year we were out of school for a solid month. Each time the roads got all right to go back to school, it would snow again. We finally went back to school with not all buses running in the higher elevations.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:24 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Good morning Jeannie,NCN

I hope you are sleeping better NCN, have you tried meditation? it's makes you calmer and sleep better

I need to get those waffles,those are good!

banana,eggs and toast
soy milk
Izzy, it is not a sleep problem. It is a get off City-Data problem. When I go to bed I go to sleep just fine usually. My bed does a back massage for an automatic 20 minutes and I am usually asleep before it finishes. If I get really tired, I sometimes do the massage in the afternoon and it puts me to sleep then too. When I go to bed as late as last night I can't use it because it wakes up my dh. I really miss my bed when I go on vacation. Couldn't wait to get home to it.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:16 PM

72,495 posts, read 18,237,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, it is not a sleep problem. It is a get off City-Data problem. When I go to bed I go to sleep just fine usually. My bed does a back massage for an automatic 20 minutes and I am usually asleep before it finishes. If I get really tired, I sometimes do the massage in the afternoon and it puts me to sleep then too. When I go to bed as late as last night I can't use it because it wakes up my dh. I really miss my bed when I go on vacation. Couldn't wait to get home to it.
I know,I get off City Data around 8.then I meditate,that will get my thoughts in somewhere else and read other stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals