Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:48 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,639,626 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Another day at work so a quick hello to everyone...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/GoodDay-an.gif (broken link)...A pretty good food day yesterday for me so I'm feeling motivated this morning. Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......Happy Thursday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 06:12 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,962,154 times
Good morning... sore this morning.. from starting at the gym this week.. and my poor wife and I had to move furniture from our living room last night, because we had some new furniture that was being delivered... we painted the living room in preparation a couple weeks ago.. and ruined some of the paint job trying to move the large couch out the front door (which we also screwed the paint up on and dented!!) Then... being the rocket scientist I am... I got mad, flipped the couch on its back and took off the 10 bolts that held the frame on so that the could be taken out in three easy pieces!! Grrrr... poor wife is feeling it today in her back. I'm in better shape than she is.. and if I'm sore, I can imagine what she's feeling.

6:30 three breakfast taquitos, Coke (as in cola)

Old 06-26-2008, 06:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,892,799 times
Morning all-
Breakfast was low fat peach yogurt, sliced banana, sprinkle of Grape Nuts and squirt of honey, and of course coffee.
Lunch will either be low fat black bean chili or chicken breast.
Dinner-a challenge as we're going out.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM

72,488 posts, read 18,233,910 times
Good morning Rathagos,Lacey & Jeannie,

Very cool with a nice breeze here this morning!

I know how it feels when you haven't worked out for a while,ouch!

breakfast
need to be at a meeting early,I know I will have those pastries,but I will just take a bite

soymilk,oatmeal

have a good morning!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:18 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,701,817 times
Izzy, the way you run around, you will probably need those pastries.

I tried a sample of black bean and corn salsa at Sam's the other day and it was good in those little corn cup chips. I don't remember ever eating black beans before. I almost refused the sample. Glad I didn't.

I made dh turkey sausages but I had: coffee and milk, 2 strawberry eggos, banana.

Dh mentioned that we should go to water aerobics this afternoon. It is a little hard to go to the weight room when you have discovered exercising in the water. I know I should, but I just keep putting on the bathing suit. We do a few minutes of weights with water bar bells, but I am sure the weight room would be better.

Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Good morning... sore this morning.. from starting at the gym this week.. and my poor wife and I had to move furniture from our living room last night, because we had some new furniture that was being delivered... we painted the living room in preparation a couple weeks ago.. and ruined some of the paint job trying to move the large couch out the front door (which we also screwed the paint up on and dented!!) Then... being the rocket scientist I am... I got mad, flipped the couch on its back and took off the 10 bolts that held the frame on so that the could be taken out in three easy pieces!! Grrrr... poor wife is feeling it today in her back. I'm in better shape than she is.. and if I'm sore, I can imagine what she's feeling.

6:30 three breakfast taquitos, Coke (as in cola)
Well, I hope that it is a good sore for you...and your wife. I haven't done one work-out since Sunday so tomorrow should be interesting.

fresh fruit
water with lemons
diet chicken and broccoli
supplements

Old 06-26-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-
Breakfast was low fat peach yogurt, sliced banana, sprinkle of Grape Nuts and squirt of honey, and of course coffee.
Lunch will either be low fat black bean chili or chicken breast.
Dinner-a challenge as we're going out.
Lacey, do you allow yourself one day a week to eat whatever you like?

Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Izzy, the way you run around, you will probably need those pastries.

I tried a sample of black bean and corn salsa at Sam's the other day and it was good in those little corn cup chips. I don't remember ever eating black beans before. I almost refused the sample. Glad I didn't.

I made dh turkey sausages but I had: coffee and milk, 2 strawberry eggos, banana.

Dh mentioned that we should go to water aerobics this afternoon. It is a little hard to go to the weight room when you have discovered exercising in the water. I know I should, but I just keep putting on the bathing suit. We do a few minutes of weights with water bar bells, but I am sure the weight room would be better.
Hi Izzy. NCN, I absolutely love sausage, which I stay away from. Does the turkey sausage taste just as good?

Old 06-26-2008, 01:29 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,962,154 times
No... definitely an "I'm getting old and my body really hurts" sort of pain! lol

Left over hamburger helper (small serving.. don't know weights yet).
Broccoli & cauliflower mix
Peanuts
Grapes

Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,701,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hi Izzy. NCN, I absolutely love sausage, which I stay away from. Does the turkey sausage taste just as good?
Most of sausage taste comes from the flavorings, so I do not find a great deal of difference from the small breakfast turkey sausages to the regular sausage. I sometimes have to add a little canola oil to fry them because they are so lean. My dh gets gout and usually stays away from beef and pork, so he really loves these. He is one of those people who used to absolutely demand meat at every meal. He will eat at Olive garden now and have soup and salad. Having a stroke changes ones mind sometimes.

1200-Calorie Diabetic Diet ; Seattle Washington WA (http://www.swedish.org/114493.cfm - broken link) Check out this website. I think successful dieting is basically finding a diet you can believe in. I go by the pyramid and use the lower end of the servings.

Little fat and oil as possible.
2-3 servings milk products
3-5 servings vegetable group--I add one to this making it 6 if necessary.
2 or 3 3 1/2 oz servings of meat--I usually use two. If I use three, I don't use all of the bread servings.
2-4 fruit servings--I use 4 but I only eat three fruits. A banana is really two servings.
Bread group--Some days I only use the breakfast starch. I treat this like fat. I use as little as possible to make eating bearable. For instance, when I eat fish, I have to have bread to be able to stand eating the fish. I usually steam tilapia and put it between two slices of whitewheat. I wish I liked fish, but I really don't. Tilapia is like potatoes and rice, it takes on the flavor according to the way you cook it. I have a garlic cheese sprinkle that turns it into Italian chicken. I am about out and cannot find any more.

Try as I may, doing the pyramid, I cannot get the points below 24 if I eat the max of every food group. One cannot have the max of each group every day and keep to 18-23 points. But using the diabetic diet at the website above, I can have three meals for 18 points?? Go figure!

Yes, I know what to eat. My problem is that I don't stick to it and Jeannie, I am another one that has to stick to it everyday or it just does not work for me. I am getting tired of the yo-yo.

Last edited by NCN; 06-26-2008 at 02:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals