Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,886,260 times

Advertisements

Yes Jeannie listed since end of April. Slow market.

Diana felt again like I was there with you. I'm doing fine thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,689,334 times
Izzy, I couldn't get in to do anything at all. Signed in and signed out. Have to read more slowly later. Mr. VA is on supper break, so I have to type fast. Oh, hi everybody. Izzy thanks for telling me that. Mr. VA was about ready to buy a new modem!

I had a successful day if I only have one more orange. I am saving it until just before bedtime.

Coffee and milk (3)
2 eggo waffles
banana
4 slices ham
nectarine
baby carrots
tilapia breaded fish fillet
1/2 can of turnip greens (I have found some that are flavored and only have 5/10 gram of fat for 1/2 cup. We eat 1 1/2 cups each so it comes to 2 points. That gives me a lot of vitamin A for the day and about 12 grams of fiber. I usually have to just about force myself to eat them, but the flavorings make these good.
4 hushpuppies
When I have the orange, that will be it. I will probably drink 1 or 2 containers of bottled fruit 2/O because the turnip greens are really salty.

Have a good night. Mr. VA works until 11 tonight and now it is his turn to get the room. I plan to go to bed early and read a book.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:59 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,886,260 times
Black bean chili was a groaner and no to little fat!!!! So good.

Nite all.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:38 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,635,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Black bean chili was a groaner and no to little fat!!!! So good.

Nite all.
night, night Lacey.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:06 PM

72,467 posts, read 18,226,837 times
It was a strange day,first I couldn't get in C D,then I did my exercise walking,I left home late cause I wanted to clean the kitchen,the earthaquake hit,I heard an unusual sound like some metal grinding,then it started shaking, I live on the second floor,It shook,so I waited then it really shook,then there was a jolt,like someone pushed me. it stopped. Tried calling my mom,couldn't call out with my regular phone and the cell phone as well. All dead. Then a few minutes went by,my mom calls. The epic center is about 15 milles from me and about 5 miles from my mom. She really felt it. Everyone's Ok. Went to the office,eveyone was asking where I was. We have a 2 story office building. part of it is all glass,so everyone left the building,the secretary said the whole street was full of people.It was a good jolt. I am fine,I have experienced many earthquakes,it's been a while since the last one. I was wondering about when the next one was coming anyway.

Have a good nite everyone,

banana
Broccoli
Bean sprouts
tofu
Iced tea

nite everyone!

Last edited by VillageLife; 07-29-2008 at 10:18 PM..

Old 07-30-2008, 12:03 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,635,325 times
Izzy! I thought of you! I was at work when I read this and got busy and forgot to ask about you. I'm so glad you and your Mom are okay. I have never experienced an earthquake. I can't imagine what that must feel like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
It was a strange day,first I couldn't get in C D,then I did my exercise walking,I left home late cause I wanted to clean the kitchen,the earthaquake hit,I heard an unusual sound like some metal grinding,then it started shaking, I live on the second floor,It shook,so I waited then it really shook,then there was a jolt,like someone pushed me. it stopped. Tried calling my mom,couldn't call out with my regular phone and the cell phone as well. All dead. Then a few minutes went by,my mom calls. The epic center is about 15 milles from me and about 5 miles from my mom. She really felt it. Everyone's Ok. Went to the office,eveyone was asking where I was. We have a 2 story office building. part of it is all glass,so everyone left the building,the secretary said the whole street was full of people.It was a good jolt. I am fine,I have experienced many earthquakes,it's been a while since the last one. I was wondering about when the next one was coming anyway.

Have a good nite everyone,

banana
Broccoli
Bean sprouts
tofu
Iced tea

nite everyone!

Old 07-30-2008, 12:29 AM

This is not my first,I lived in Taiwan.It's earthquake country.shakes all the time. usually not significant like one or 2 degrees,but if you have never experienced it,you will feel it. The last quake I felt was not the Northridge Earthquake,it was the Whittier earthquake, four miles from me.it shook about 7 in the morning,I couldn't get out of bed,if I did I would have fallen off,so I held on to the bed so tight riding the wave and going ahhhhhh at the same time. My bedroom door opened and shut real tight and was jammed,I couldn't open the door at all. my family came over later to help me open it. Went out on the streets,all the street lights were gone,the shops windows were shattered,it was like a war zone. scary!!
So,this one was not as bad,but still is a reminder.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:15 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,959,997 times
Wow, Izzy! Being born and raised in San Francisco and the Bay Area, I am used to earthquakes growing up. One of my funniest stories is when I was in high school, my "group" that I hung out with and I went to dinner at a Round Table Pizza in San Mateo. We were eating at one of the tables near the windows when an earthquake hit... being complacent and naive we just picked up the pizza (without a word) and moved to a center table! haha

I'm glad you, nor no one you know, were (was?) hurt. I wouldn't have gone out into the street, though! If the windows of the building did break/shatter, the glass would have come down like rain!! Ouch!

Take care of yourself, I heard on the news today that there were close to 30 after shocks of varying degrees!!!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Wow, Izzy! Being born and raised in San Francisco and the Bay Area, I am used to earthquakes growing up. One of my funniest stories is when I was in high school, my "group" that I hung out with and I went to dinner at a Round Table Pizza in San Mateo. We were eating at one of the tables near the windows when an earthquake hit... being complacent and naive we just picked up the pizza (without a word) and moved to a center table! haha

I'm glad you, nor no one you know, were (was?) hurt. I wouldn't have gone out into the street, though! If the windows of the building did break/shatter, the glass would have come down like rain!! Ouch!

Take care of yourself, I heard on the news today that there were close to 30 after shocks of varying degrees!!!
Things we do in high school!

I did not feel any of it. Yesterday the sky was full of dust,and now it's hard to tell,it's hazy in the morning as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals