Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:22 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Does anyone know where July went? Honestly. I guess we're just having so much fun on the food journal that the time is just flying by. Hubby's birthday today and since I'm scheduled to work, celebrations will be tomorrow. How does Outback grab ya? So, whats on your schedule for today? Tea with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great Thursday! Jeannie

Last edited by jeannie216; 07-31-2008 at 06:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 06:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,897,377 times
Morning Jeannie and all-wishing hubby Happy Birthday and Outback sure sounds great!!!!

Same old, same old yogurt. Dinner will be at our local "Cheers" tonite-but I'll behave.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:44 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,963,527 times
Good morning, Jeannie and Judi.

Jeannie - Please pass on best wishes to hubby! Outback sounds fine. I normally don't go because of prices.. but love their onion blooms!

Have a great day everyone...

6:55 - Two breakfast tacos, forgot vitamin again!!! (wife moved them to kitchen instead of leaving them in bathroom! ), 1/2 Coke

Old 07-31-2008, 08:36 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,710,794 times
Happy Birthday, Mr. Jeannie. Any milestones there. Do you know about the 7 year count. I don't even know where I heard it, but every seven years our lives start into a 7 year cycle. Some are good and some are challenging. The past 6 years have really been good for me. I have one more year in that cycle?? Maybe I read it is some book.
Good morning, everybody!
I moved my vitamin basket to the kitchen, so I am having breakfast in the computer room. Rathagos, I just walked back to the kitchen to get them. LOL I know Texas is a big state, but is your house that big too. Sorry, I couldn't resist that.

Coffee and milk
2 slices whitewheat
banana

Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,963,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I moved my vitamin basket to the kitchen, so I am having breakfast in the computer room. Rathagos, I just walked back to the kitchen to get them. LOL I know Texas is a big state, but is your house that big too. Sorry, I couldn't resist that.
No. But from my military days, unfortunately, I'm a creature of habit. I take cholesterol and acid reflux meds.. they are in the cabinet in the bathroom. When the vitamin's were there.. it was simple for me to grab one of each and be on my way. Now, since it's not part of my "cycle" of grabbing my lunchbox, grabbing my breakfast, putting stuff in the car, bringing the paper in for my wife, kissing her goodbye, then leaving... it's not until I'm down the road that the "doh!" hits me.

On a side note.. I've never seen a medicine cabinet in the kitchen.. soooo maybe medicines and vitamins... don't... belong... there... ?

Old 07-31-2008, 09:39 AM

72,495 posts, read 18,237,939 times
Good morning,got home last night around 11:30.very good exercise,after you get in it's all uphill for at least a mile,It was very nice sitting outdoors for 2 hours.
We brought some food,you are allowed to eat at the park,brought some snacks in there to munch on. I have pictutes,used the same cannon camera. But it came out really fuzzy,maybe I got Hollywood ghosts! I don't know.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/4675732-post1727.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/4675669-post1726.html

Scrambled eggs on wheat toast
Coffee.. which I really need.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
No. But from my military days, unfortunately, I'm a creature of habit. I take cholesterol and acid reflux meds.. they are in the cabinet in the bathroom. When the vitamin's were there.. it was simple for me to grab one of each and be on my way. Now, since it's not part of my "cycle" of grabbing my lunchbox, grabbing my breakfast, putting stuff in the car, bringing the paper in for my wife, kissing her goodbye, then leaving... it's not until I'm down the road that the "doh!" hits me.

On a side note.. I've never seen a medicine cabinet in the kitchen.. soooo maybe medicines and vitamins... don't... belong... there... ?
I know. I was just kidding you. Mr. VA had a job to do in Cary which is about 4 hours away. We got to Monroe which is about 1/2 hour away and he said, "Doh." We went back home and got his medications. He had a stroke last year and you just don't leave home without the meds. I used to carry one or two blood pressure pills in my handbag. That was when I would leave in a hurry and forget to take that pill. I also carried an extra pair of earrings, since my ears are pierced and it looks funny when I don't have earrings on. Once I went out on my lunch hour and bought a pair.
Lunch: ham
sweet potatoes
nectarine
Coffee and milk
Planned for dinner: Mesquite chicken
onion and sweet pepper stir-fry
Coffee and milk
orange
Snack will be strawberry yogurt
Isn't it amazing how much better the food is when you plan?

BTW We each have a basket of meds and vitamins in the kitchen on the empty side of the table. Have to move it when the grandchildren come to visit.
Actual Conversation: Granddaughter was about 4 years old.
Granddaughter: How do Grandma and Pepaw eat?
Daughter: I guess just like everybody else, why do you ask?
Granddaughter: Well, they have all that stuff all over the table?
We are still laughing about that one and we still have enough space for the two of us and the table has all sorts of things on it.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,641,644 times
Hi everyone. Pretty good food day for me overall.

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

grilled chicken on multi-grain with ketchup
fresh fruit

plain/vanilla yogurt with flaxseed and Grape-nuts
a few sugar-free ice pops

Old 07-31-2008, 08:03 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Good morning,got home last night around 11:30.very good exercise,after you get in it's all uphill for at least a mile,It was very nice sitting outdoors for 2 hours.
We brought some food,you are allowed to eat at the park,brought some snacks in there to munch on. I have pictutes,used the same cannon camera. But it came out really fuzzy,maybe I got Hollywood ghosts! I don't know.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/4675732-post1727.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/4675669-post1726.html

Scrambled eggs on wheat toast
Coffee.. which I really need.
Loved those pictures! That must have been so exciting. When we were in Denver we went to the Red Rocks Theatre during the day when no one was there and that was even exciting. I have seen several commercials that I realize were filmed nearby since that time. So glad you got to do it. They say that youth is wasted on the young, but you don't have anything wasted and neither does MM. You both are living life flat out--that's a NASCAR term.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,706,358 times
Smile hey y'all

I had a grilled chicken sandwich also on wheat. But with a light red wine and olive oil dressing, and some spinach leaves added.
Iced water....
And a hershey bar for dessert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals