Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times

Advertisements

Good morning all-maybe some T-storms today and decidedly cooler by tomorrow.

Went out last night and had grilled chicken on whole wheat. Hubby had fried walleye pieces and oh they looked so good!

Yogurt today, cottage ch for lunch and pan sautee walleye tonite.

Jeannie hope your trip was safe and you're sleeping in for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 06:12 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Started out the day with a big bowl of Special K and lots of milk, also coffee with some of the milk.

You are going to have to explain that walleye stuff. I have no idea what you are talking about. I live a sheltered life here in NC. LOL

Old 08-22-2008, 06:22 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
Good morning, Judi, Izzy, Diana, NCN, Autumn, and Jeannie (where ever you are... be safe!!)

Daughter had her high school orientation last night. She's actually a sophomore, so it's kind of weird. Here in San Angelo, there's two high schools: Lakeview and Central. Central is bigger and is in a different division, and Lakeview is a traditional high school (grades 9-12). Central, however, because of the population of kids, is different. They have a Central Freshman Campus that all 9th graders attend when they are going to go to Central. Then, Central High School itself is grades 10-12. But the sports and other teams (choir, band, orchestra, etc.) are all considered Central High School teams. They just go to a different campus.

Anyway, because my daughter is going into 10th grade, there was a orientation/pep rally type thing last night. Useless event to me, but my daughter was excited. It's really sad how fast they are growing up. There was a time she wouldn't let go of me... always holding my finger. When we'd go to the movies, she'd always hold on to my back pocket when we left so she wouldn't get lost... she said it always made her feel safe. Now, she's wearing light makeup and dressing like a young lady. Although she's still my princess, she's not my little girl anymore.. she's my big girl now. Thing is, I'm only 43, but watching her and my son (16 - going to be a senior this year) grow up is very sad and older. I know it's part of life, but it's not easy.

Sorry if I brought anyone "down" just feelin' a little old today.

Have a good day, all.

7:00 Two cinnamon pop tarts, vitamin, 1/2 Coke

Old 08-22-2008, 06:31 AM

Steve they do grow up fast. Our grandson is now driving and in my mind he was just born!

NCN-Walleye is a local fish in MN and WI. It's very good.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times
Hi all! I wanted to let everyone know we're still in NJ at my in-laws for a few days about 40 minutes away from our home town. The closing went well, our things are in a storage POD and we're still working on finding a place in NC. Hopefully we'll be on our way early next week. Meanwhile I've been back and forth with the kids trying to keep the ties open with their friends in town and it seems to be helping them with everything. Hubby is not feeling well though and although I believe its stress related he has been having chest pains and dizziness the last couple of days so going to take him to my hospital for a thorough work-up, just in case. I'll be checking in when I can and hoping all of you are doing well. I understand what your going through Steve. I went throught the same thing with my 2 oldest boys when they both graduated high school 3 years ago. I think having my 9 and 11 year old has helped me though. Talk to you later!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Steve, I used to really enjoy that first event of the school year. Her in Union County, NC that used to be the football game between the high schools in Union County, NC. and Lancaster, SC to see who got Andrew Jackson for the year. Everybody seems to know that Andrew was born in the Waxhaws, but both states claim him. It was always Friday before the first day of school, which would be today if they still did it. I think that has been played out. NC got him the first year and SC won every game after that.

I went to his home in Nashville and they said he was born in SC. I explained to them the person who delivered him said he was born in NC. Somewhere in his lifetime he had stated that he was born in SC. Poor man didn't even know where he was born and he was president. Guess presidents haven't changed much.

Jeannie, let us know how things work out. Moving is very stressful. Could be anxiety! I hope that is all that it is. That is bad enough. If I were moving to NJ I would probably be having chest pains too. Give him a hug for us! From NJ ot NC is a big step. You might do better to come down and live with Autumngal for a while and look for a place from her home. Right Autumngal! Her home looked big enough for her and another family too. My son and his wife are pushing out the walls with the new baby, the two year old and a dog and cat. They are living on an acre, so they can add on if necessary and it looks like it may be necessary. We go for day visits only, because it is a lot of trouble for them to make room for us. Last time they gave us their bed.

Oh, and Steve, my granddaughter did not come for her week this Summer. She will soon be 13. We knew it was headed that way, but hoped we would have another Summer with her. I used to be so close to her that I knew what she was thinking. I don't know this new Northern Virginia person. It is all shopping and cell phones. She was texting in the middle of the night when she and my daughter last visited.

Last edited by NCN; 08-22-2008 at 08:07 AM..

Old 08-22-2008, 08:24 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,689,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hi all! I wanted to let everyone know we're still in NJ at my in-laws for a few days about 40 minutes away from our home town. The closing went well, our things are in a storage POD and we're still working on finding a place in NC. Hopefully we'll be on our way early next week. Meanwhile I've been back and forth with the kids trying to keep the ties open with their friends in town and it seems to be helping them with everything. Hubby is not feeling well though and although I believe its stress related he has been having chest pains and dizziness the last couple of days so going to take him to my hospital for a thorough work-up, just in case. I'll be checking in when I can and hoping all of you are doing well. I understand what your going through Steve. I went throught the same thing with my 2 oldest boys when they both graduated high school 3 years ago. I think having my 9 and 11 year old has helped me though. Talk to you later!

Oh gosh Jeannie, our prayers go out for yaz. Keep us posted please.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:39 AM

72,413 posts, read 18,200,999 times
So many things that are happening here this morning!
Steve,there are things the young kids think they are growing up that we don't understand which is true,for them it's important,we think really? watching them grow and behaving in a certain way is hard to understand.
Jeannie,it's happening so fast!all the waiting for so long is a thing of the past.Your husband must be tired and you need to help him emotionally too,men seem not to cope well with things like that

had a few pieces of papaya.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:42 AM

Jeannie definitely get him checked out. Stress,packing,the move can do starnge things to us.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:29 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,949,709 times
Diana, you're missed! No more trips for you either! Hope all is well and safe with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals