Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,879,325 times

Advertisements

Good morning Jeannie,Diana,Izzy,Steve,NCN, BB, Autumn.

Here it is Weds. already!!! Where does time go.

Diana 12 mi???? Bless you.

Had pea soup last night and hubby had home made rosemary bread w/his.

NCN glad you won't get brunt of Hanna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,958,023 times
Good morning, Judi, Jeannie, Diana, NCN, Izzy, Autumn, and BB.

Really a quiet night last night. Wife is off all this week (she's a nurse, and when the doctor takes the week off, not much for her to do)... so she cooked last night! It was out of the box, but still was nice to get a night off.

Diana... I know what you mean when you say that your husband didn't like it. Actually kind of makes me feel bad when I try something new to add a little something different when I make dinner, but no one likes it (even me). Kind of a waste at that time. And who says you open the wine for a drop? Wine is like garlic... you can never have too much (well.. okay.. you can.. but rarely). But then again... I've heard that a glass or two of wine a day is good for thinning the blood... and since it's open...

Judi... I would cut that one off before it happens again. Get a rough estimate on how much it would cost to fence in the back yard and get a couple trees for landscaping. Then, you can say "Although it's not landscaped... for $x,xxx you can get it fenced in and come nice trees and still be under the cost for the house around the corner." (or something like that).

NCN... mowed the lawn yesterday, we actually got two days of rain last week (which is not normal for where we live) and the grass (and weeds) loved it. Now the grass is green instead of an off-shade of brown. But.. the fire ants loved it to. I was out with the Amdro on about 10 mounds between my front and backyard.

Jeannie... where are you!?! I know you're okay.. but we're allowed to worry a little!!

BB... don't be so shy ... jump on in the conversation.. you're more than welcome.

6:45 Two breakfast tacos, vitamins, 1/2 Coke.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:45 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,676,682 times
Good morning, Judi, Jeannie, Diana, Rath, Izzy, Autumn, and BB.
I have 15 minutes to get dressed so I can go get wet.
Coffee and milk
vanilla yogurt
banana
I wouldn't be too worried about Jeannie. Sometimes it is hard to get things hooked up around here. But we can worry a little.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:59 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,699,058 times
Good morning. Hope everyone has a lovely fun filled day!!!!

multi grain waffles and some juice

Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,912,968 times
Hello Good Morning Everyone - You guys really are like a little family here, love it.

Dinner last night was Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad (which was awsome)

Breakfast -

fruit and yogart

I cant believe how fast this week is going.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 AM

72,455 posts, read 18,221,165 times
Wow! how fast the week went,so much action!

Good morning everyone!

Steve,I am glad your wife can relax a little,I always admire nurses,not an easy work!

Did Diana do 12 miles? Gee she can start training for the next Olympic!

Breakfast burrito, coffee

Old 09-03-2008, 12:38 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,397,335 times
Rofl, Izzy, the 12 miles were no problem. I had lots of fun riding the bike and having the company of 5 other women. So we chatted a lot but got sweaty nevertheless.

Steve, I'm not much of a wine drinker. I only like it in my food so the bottle would last very very long.

NCN, how are your fire ants? Building new mounds after the rain?

My, DH is going to bed and I'm still here altho only for a short visit on CD. It was a long day at work. With my colleague in Tunisia taking a sun bathing / relaxing vacation for two weeks I have way too much to do to think about checking in at work
Anyhoo, the stress seems to be good for me. I even felt like doing some exercises after dinner infront of the TV today.

Lunch: spaghetti w/tomatoe cubes (which were tossed in a pan with some herbs, a wee bit of oil and a table spoon of cream cheese) - it was somewhat dry and diet like but tasty tho'.
Dessert: yogurt
Dinner: potatoes / veggies (brokkoli, cabbage turnip, carrot, zucchini blanched, then fried in some oil with a lot of garlic, some onion rings, then it went into the oven and baked with some cheese over it YUM) and a small steak.
Snack: half a bowl of cookie/vanilla icecream

Jeannie, where are you now? Already on the move?

Take care all.
Nite!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 12:47 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,879,325 times
Nite Diana-sleep tight.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:20 PM

72,455 posts, read 18,221,165 times
Lunch

Chiniese Steamed fish with sliced green onions

Iced tea

Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,676,682 times
I am waiting for Fall so the fire ants will go underground and pray for a really cold Winter. If we could get some really cold weather, these things would be gone. The latest ones I found were coming out of the patio wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr. VA put down poison. I put moth balls around the area. I am going to keep a check on that.

Diana, that bicycling is so good for you.

BB, we come back here to lick our wounds when we go to some of the other threads, right Rath?

Nursing must be rough. My daughter just started working as a nurse and I don't hear much from her anymore. Between that and driving her 12 year old to all those extra activities that 12 year olds go to, I think she is frazzled. Lacey, wonder what she would do with six children? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals