Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 06:00 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,628,623 times

Advertisements

Good morning! So I ventured into Raleigh yesterday to the Super Target and miraculously I didn't get lost. This was more what I'm use to. Both highways were West going and East coming home. Easy to follow. When you start talking beltlines, you lost me. So what is on your schedule for today? Our search for our church will continue this morning and then yes, you guessed it, football. Hubby decided to stay a few extra days for business so the kids and I will be alone until late Wednesday. My hubby told me yesterday not to get too use to being single again. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a blessed Sunday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 06:23 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,871,985 times
Morning all and Jeannie and NCN thanx for the encouraging words. I was beyond hungry yesterday for some crazy reason.

Love Target!!!!! Buy all my cards there-great selection.

Thinking of a whole wheat english muffin with Smart Balance for a change.

Roasting a turkey breast for dinner, peas, gravy, mashed for Mr. L.

Hope everyone's favorite teams win. Oh Mr L won the football pool at our local Cheers last week (first time for him, 5 for me-LOL).

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 AM

72,437 posts, read 18,215,482 times
Morning Lacey,Jeannie!

Drizzled a bit here where I am, Sun is out again. It's so dry out here.Wish I could see all the changing leaves.Oh,I have a request Jeannie,post some fall leaves tomorrow,Please!

I am going out with mom today,she has so much energy,good for her age!

Coffe first to wake up

Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Morning Lacey,Jeannie!

Drizzled a bit here where I am, Sun is out again. It's so dry out here.Wish I could see all the changing leaves.Oh,I have a request Jeannie,post some fall leaves tomorrow,Please!

I am going out with mom today,she has so much energy,good for her age!

Coffe first to wake up
will do Izzy.

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

Old 10-05-2008, 10:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,871,985 times
Breakfast ended up lowfat van yog and fruit.

Lunch will be 1/2 lean pork on w/w bread, salad.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,263,295 times
Jeannie - when we lived in upstate NY, I would ALWAYS get lost!! There were hardly any highways and all the small roads were windy and I'd lost my sense of direction!! Now that I live in Phoenix, everything is either north/south or east/west and I haven't gotten lost yet. Phew!!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
Jeannie, we have roasted chicken most Sundays. Harris Teeter has a special roasted chicken for $4.99 with the VIC card. We drive by on the way home from church and pick up that and a slaw mixture bag and I have dinner ready in about 15 minutes. 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup vinegar and a glob of Duke's mayonnaise and stir. Easy meal. Dinner is barbecued chicken and the rest of the slaw. I just add Sonny's barbecue sauce to the leftover chicken.

We used to have some interesting tours of Raleigh when we went to state library meetings. We usually got there fine, but sometimes we would end up on one of the beltways on the way out. I love Raleigh though. We were looking for Highway 1. Highway 1 goes to Rockingham and then we get onto highway 74 to go to Monroe. Mr. VA does all kinds of different routes when we go see our son above Raleigh. He just wants to see different scenery. Last time we took highways 49 and then 64 to Apex and then connected to I-540. I think it took just as long, but was much less stressful. Highway 1 has a lot of small towns. We have never done I-85 to go see our son, but I keep suggesting it.

Last edited by NCN; 10-05-2008 at 10:00 PM..

Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 PM

72,437 posts, read 18,215,482 times
Beef stew Thai style,very good but spicy hot!

Good night NCN, good to see you here Foma!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Jeannie - when we lived in upstate NY, I would ALWAYS get lost!! There were hardly any highways and all the small roads were windy and I'd lost my sense of direction!! Now that I live in Phoenix, everything is either north/south or east/west and I haven't gotten lost yet. Phew!!
Hi foma! Yes, I'm use to those type of directions also. Allthough I have gotten myself lost just about everywhere at one time or another.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Jeannie, we have roasted chicken most Sundays. Harris Teeter has a special roasted chicken for $4.99 with the VIC card. We drive by on the way home from church and pick up that and a slaw mixture bag and I have dinner ready in about 15 minutes. 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup vinegar and a glob of Duke's mayonnaise and stir. Easy meal. Dinner is barbecued chicken and the rest of the slaw. I just add Sonny's barbecue sauce to the leftover chicken.

We used to have some interesting tours of Raleigh when we went to state library meetings. We usually got there fine, but sometimes we would end up on one of the beltways on the way out. I love Raleigh though. We were looking for Highway 1. Highway 1 goes to Rockingham and then we get onto highway 74 to go to Monroe. Mr. VA does all kinds of different routes when we go see our son above Raleigh. He just wants to see different scenery. Last time we took highways 49 and then 64 to Apex and then connected to I-540. I think it took just as long, but was much less stressful. Highway 1 has a lot of small towns. We have never done I-85 to go see our son, but I keep suggesting it.
I have to look for that Harris Teeter NCN I haven't seen one yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals