Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 04:11 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times

Advertisements

Good morning! I still have that little kid in me that lives for this day. Heres hoping that our good Karma rubbed off on everyone yesterday. I know we all have Steve's family in our prayers. So what is on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Friday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 05:18 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times
Hi Jeannie.

Today DH and me, we are heading for Leipzig, which is a city about half an hour away from us. There we'll watch a comedian on stage. He got the tickets for his 30th birthday from my parents. Already looking forward to it.

Tomorrow my friend the hairdresser will come so I get some cut and color done.
In the evening it's movie time again. Probably "Burn after reading" with Brad Pitt and George Clooney.

I hope I will squeeze in some relaxing time, tho.

half a w/w sandwich with 4 slices cucumber, cream cheese, slice of cheese, slice of low fat bacon
1 piece of flaky pastry with a splotch of strawberry jam in the middle

Old 11-14-2008, 05:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning Jeannie,Diana,NCN,Izzy and Steve.

Diana love that "splotch".

Had a horrible grilled chicken on w/w last nite.
This morn the normal yog.
Dinner I'm making a big pot of chicken and rice/peas/pimentoes.

Steve we're all hoping things go well today!!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:28 AM

72,416 posts, read 18,202,018 times
How is everyone gonna relax today!

Anyone seen a good movie lately? not too many good movies lately

coffee,soymilk,bagel with shmears

Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Izzy, the last movie I saw was Nights in Rodante. It was good. I enjoyed the Outer Banks scenery. We haven't been to the Outer Banks for a while. Made me want to go back.

We are going to Olive Garden, Sam's, and car shopping if the rain lets up. Miserable weather out there. We did not go to the Friday range of motion because Mr. VA was busy on the computer with a new company benefits package and could not stop in the middle of it. We are planning to go to the weight room later.

One thing on the package that was a little strange is that we have to pay $92 per month extra because I have other insurance. I have never seen anyone charge extra because you have other insurance.

Don't expect to hear about a new car purchase any time soon. We look until we find exactly what we want. Sticker shock usually takes a while to digest.

Several coffees and milk while he was working on the package--stress city!
banana
2 eggo waffles

Some of the medical tests I took with last doctors visit were not what I had hoped. Some were better than last time. I may be changing what I have for breakfast. You will probably notice the change. I just keep working on it.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:00 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Good day, all.

First of all, please let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for your well wishes. Honestly, it means more to me than you guys can probably understand. There's very little in life, sadly, that touches me anymore. But I've received more support from my friends here online than many work associates (believe it or not).

That said, the ENT doctor said that he believes it's a benign cyst or lymph node. In either case, my son's going under the knife on the 11th of next month. The doctor has all but assured me that it's benign, and I do believe him. So, it's just a time and procedure thing now. So, again. Thank you all very much.

On the other side of the coin... it seems like some of you are going through a road with some potholes yourself. I would like to reciprocate those positive feelings and thoughts back to you. NCN, I hope you clear up those results that weren't what you'd thought they'd be. Diana, take care of yourself... it's hard to take care of any one else if your own batteries need charging!!

And, oh, by the way... little sausages on buns for breakfast, and I only had time to grab a can of spaghettios for lunch! Not the best, but hopefully filling!

Thank you all again, and take care!!

Steve

Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Oh Steve-see our Karma worked-what a relief for you.

NCN-hope things get better! And yep sticker shock but I think there are good deals out there-they are very hungry!

The guy who owns the lot behind us has said he won't sell to our bidders-funny he gave us prices twice-what makes me uncomfortable is he's the guy who built our house. So looks like we're stuck here for awhile.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Hi Jeannie.

Today DH and me, we are heading for Leipzig, which is a city about half an hour away from us. There we'll watch a comedian on stage. He got the tickets for his 30th birthday from my parents. Already looking forward to it.

Tomorrow my friend the hairdresser will come so I get some cut and color done.
In the evening it's movie time again. Probably "Burn after reading" with Brad Pitt and George Clooney.

I hope I will squeeze in some relaxing time, tho.

half a w/w sandwich with 4 slices cucumber, cream cheese, slice of cheese, slice of low fat bacon
1 piece of flaky pastry with a splotch of strawberry jam in the middle
Diana, I hope these plans mean your feeling better today. Have a great time. When we go up North for Thanksgiving I'll be paying a visit to my hairdresser also.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Good day, all.

First of all, please let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for your well wishes. Honestly, it means more to me than you guys can probably understand. There's very little in life, sadly, that touches me anymore. But I've received more support from my friends here online than many work associates (believe it or not).

That said, the ENT doctor said that he believes it's a benign cyst or lymph node. In either case, my son's going under the knife on the 11th of next month. The doctor has all but assured me that it's benign, and I do believe him. So, it's just a time and procedure thing now. So, again. Thank you all very much.

On the other side of the coin... it seems like some of you are going through a road with some potholes yourself. I would like to reciprocate those positive feelings and thoughts back to you. NCN, I hope you clear up those results that weren't what you'd thought they'd be. Diana, take care of yourself... it's hard to take care of any one else if your own batteries need charging!!

And, oh, by the way... little sausages on buns for breakfast, and I only had time to grab a can of spaghettios for lunch! Not the best, but hopefully filling!

Thank you all again, and take care!!

Steve
Steve, this news really made my day. You and your family have really been on my mind. I'll continue to pray and hope you have a good weekend. P.S. your due for a win this weekend.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:51 PM

A Boot Camp work-out this morning

breakfast...oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

lunch...reduced sugar and fat vanilla yogurt with flaxseed, acaiberry, and Grapenuts

snack...wheat pretzels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals