Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,889,282 times

Advertisements

Hi all-glad the test is over. He had ti drink a nice big glass of barium gunk. We'll know results Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,401,512 times
Judi, I hope the results for your DH's test will be well!

Christmas shopping is mostly done. Nothing much to give around this year. It's useless to buy expensive and unimportant things only because it's Christmas. So this year DH will get something really small - he's been nagging me about a new razor for months so I bought him one.
My parents will get tickets for a Holiday On Ice show and we'll go with them. With the in-laws we agreed to only make something small so I ordered calendars with pictures from us for the next year. Of course Miguel will also get some new toys but not too much though.

I'm glad I've nearly finished the Christmas shopping b/c today I got really bad news at work. From January 1st on all employees' hours will be cut down to half of their usual hours. So I only have to work 17,5 hours a week. It's good that we have a quite good security system over here. We get 50% by our employer and from the other 50% which he can't pay, we'll get about 60-67% (depending on your social status - married, children, etc) from the state. When I'm lucky I only earn about 16-20% less but only have to work half the time. I hope DH keeps his work, then everything will be fine.
I guess we will only work about 3-6 months with the 50% capacity. As soon as the situation gets better we'll be back to normal. So I'm praying that the better times will come soon.

It's the darn economy these days. The financial crisis will hit Germany next year at the latest so I'm praying it won't get worse.

half a sandwich with salami and cheese for breakfast
snack: 1 piece of apple pie
lunch: 1 sandwich with salami and cheese
snack: chocolate bowl stuffed with milk cream
dinner: half a grilled sandwhich with ham / a bite of the spaghetti with chicken breast and chanterelle white wine sauce just to test if it's really that delicious rofl

Okay, heads up and off to bed.
Hope you all enjoy your evenings!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,889,282 times
Diana-at least you still have the job and it will give you more time with Miguel.

I'm done shopping and didn't do a lot. Our grands love to get cash so they can shop. Had our daughter's and sil's made and shipped, son and fiancee I went to their wedding registry and had that shipped, Harry N David did the rest!!

Dinner-hot roast beef sandwiches with fat free beef gravy. Mine on whole wheat eng muff and salad. Mr. L's with mashed potatoes on white bread.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,637,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What is your new work schelule. I don't mean detailed, but general.

You probably have not figured out where to shop there yet. Raleigh confuses me. My dil said she had started buying groceries at Target. Guess you have something in common, but I doubt it is the same Target. She is more than an hour from you.
Right now I will work Mon, Tues, and Fridays, 8:30 to 5:30. Only on call one weekend day every 6 or 7 weeks which is great. I'm thinking of lay away at K mart to start. I do alot of shopping on line also.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:03 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,637,700 times
Diana, I guess we should never take finances for granted. I am thankful I found this job. I hope things work out for you and your family until back to normal so to speak. Judi, hope hubby did okay and things work out fine also.

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

lunch...

blueberry reduced sugar and fat yogurt with flaxseed, acai, and Grapenuts

same old same old...

so just out of curiousity, how does everyone do with the holidays? For some reason, I'm feeling a bit down.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:39 PM

72,478 posts, read 18,230,294 times
We are having a financial crisis all around,I am not doing well at all myself.Thankfully that we all have a roof and food,but it seems that we have to cut down a lot,especially luxury items.
Maybe that is good too. We don't know what the future will bring us.

I still have a cold. Have been home sleeping. Just had my turkey bone soup

Old 12-03-2008, 09:44 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Diana, it looks like you will have the best of both worlds. More time with Miguel and some time to work too. I think most of us could live on much less than we do. We are just all spoiled. Sometimes time with the family is better than money. Just enjoy your youth. I remember being all concerned about finances at your age. It all worked out, but it would have worked out even if I had not been concerned. Easy to say, right.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,401,512 times
Izzy, hope you feel better soon.

NCN you're right on that. Some years back I was running after money and wanted to make a big career but DH always told me that money is not everything and doesn't make you happy. We have enough to get by well, pay all our invoices and insurances and even go to the movies from time to time.
Of course there's not enough money to make a big vacation b/c we don't know what will come next year but a weekend trip is fine, too.

Anywhoo, it's no use to be sad because that doesn't change a thing at all.

Hope you're all sleeping well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals