Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon all-

Lunch was poached eggs on dry whole wheat toast.

Dinner-salisbury steaks, mashed for Mr. L, peas, salad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 02:50 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,618,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good afternoon all-

Lunch was poached eggs on dry whole wheat toast.

Dinner-salisbury steaks, mashed for Mr. L, peas, salad.
Judi it amazes me how you can cook for hubby and only eat what your suppose to. When I cook, I want to eat everything.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Jeannie-I am shocking myself-something clicked in my brain I guess. I will and do eat the meat but avoid the mashed, noodles,etc and just have big spinach salad.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Jeannie-I am shocking myself-something clicked in my brain I guess. I will and do eat the meat but avoid the mashed, noodles,etc and just have big spinach salad.
You are definately an inspiration Judi. Thank you.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:11 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,076 times
Thats a great idea but it's so hard not to eat noodles or starch.

Lunch

Thai Chicken with brocolli

Thai iced tea

Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Well here comes the bad influence. LOL

We did the weight room for one hour and then went to Walmart for something to go with a gift our daughter got my husband. He is trying to adapt some kind of headset phone so he will not have to hand hold anymore. He didn't like the one the company gave him because it was too heavy.

Then we passed by Showmars on the way to Harris Teeter. Mr. VA ordered fish and I probably should have too but they had a chopped beef special. So I had:
Chopped beef with mushroom and onion gravy
baked potato
salad without dressing--I only like Olive Garden dressing
Small roll--I think they were afraid they were going to give me some bread.
Water

Then on to the grocery store where we bought $50 worth of junk. Maybe it just seemed that way.

You are all too innocent to hear what I ate after I came home.

Tomorrow is another new day. We get a new day every day. Don't you love it. We start every morning with a fresh new day and another opportunity to make it a good day.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well here comes the bad influence. LOL

We did the weight room for one hour and then went to Walmart for something to go with a gift our daughter got my husband. He is trying to adapt some kind of headset phone so he will not have to hand hold anymore. He didn't like the one the company gave him because it was too heavy.

Then we passed by Showmars on the way to Harris Teeter. Mr. VA ordered fish and I probably should have too but they had a chopped beef special. So I had:
Chopped beef with mushroom and onion gravy
baked potato
salad without dressing--I only like Olive Garden dressing
Small roll--I think they were afraid they were going to give me some bread.
Water

Then on to the grocery store where we bought $50 worth of junk. Maybe it just seemed that way.

You are all too innocent to hear what I ate after I came home.

Tomorrow is another new day. We get a new day every day. Don't you love it. We start every morning with a fresh new day and another opportunity to make it a good day.
NCN-hey you worked out-I don't. I think you did just great. I'm not sure where this resolve came from but am thankful.

Give yourself a hug!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Thats a great idea but it's so hard not to eat noodles or starch.

Lunch

Thai Chicken with brocolli

Thai iced tea
There are few foods better than the Thai Chicken and broccoli. I used to have it very often when I worked in Monroe.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 PM
NCN

Quote:
NCN-hey you worked out-I don't. I think you did just great. I'm not sure where this resolve came from but am thankful.

Give yourself a hug!
When I had my back problem and they were teaching me how to walk the right way they told me that it takes 27 days to start a new habit. You have a wonderful motivation and have created new habits. And yes, you are an inspiration. I keep thinking, "If she can do it, I can do it too." I guess I just need more new tries than you did. I am determined and I will not stop trying. Today was a very trying day. I ended up with a coffee headache through 1/2 of the hours workout.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 PM

NCN, you have had more good days than not so good days and really should be proud, and to get yourself to the gym to work-out is another big accomplishment.

dinner...

whole wheat pancakes with sugar free syrup. Only a tad, I prefer them plain
ginger ale

I'm sure I went too much on the portion size tonight but on a positive note, no ice cream for a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals