Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:06 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,626,220 times

Advertisements

Good morning! After weeks of little to no exercising, I was finally able to complete a step work-out. A good sore this morning and I intend to keep it up. Lisa, it is a great work-out for me. I challenge myself with 2 risers for more intensity and can even add weights to the routine. Now, the hard part, food portions. Off to work today and then 2 days off......Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......happy Friday everyone! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
Morning Jeannie,NCN,Diana,Izzy,Lisa,Steve.

Have a great day Jeannie and hope you're feeling better.

Yog/fruit, coffee.
Lunch-will be cottage cheese, avocado, spinach.
Dinner-roast pork, sauerkraut, salad.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,626,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Jeannie,NCN,Diana,Izzy,Lisa,Steve.

Have a great day Jeannie and hope you're feeling better.

Yog/fruit, coffee.
Lunch-will be cottage cheese, avocado, spinach.
Dinner-roast pork, sauerkraut, salad.
and you also Judi. Yes, feeling much better.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:49 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,954,111 times
Good morning ladies (since no guys ever come here! ).

I like the title for today. Is it me or did this week drag? Maybe because it's the first full week after the holidays?

Anyway, breakfast was an everything bagel, vitamins and a Coke.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,654,779 times
Good morning Jeannie, Izzy, Rath, Judi, Diana, Lisa, and any visitor.
Don't wish Mr. VA's three days off away. We may go see the babies tomorrow. We still have their Christmas presents and Saturday the oldest one will be three years old, so that means another present or two. She just had some more medical tests and definitely has Crohn's disease. Poor little thing. That explains so much about her not wanting to eat.

Coffee and milk
Little Debbie Raisin cake
banana

Old 01-09-2009, 07:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,866,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Good morning Jeannie, Izzy, Rath, Judi, Diana, Lisa, and any visitor.
Don't wish Mr. VA's three days off away. We may go see the babies tomorrow. We still have their Christmas presents and Saturday the oldest one will be three years old, so that means another present or two. She just had some more medical tests and definitely has Crohn's disease. Poor little thing. That explains so much about her not wanting to eat.

Coffee and milk
Little Debbie Raisin cake
banana
Oh NCN poor baby-Mr. L is going thru that and it's not pleasant.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,418,446 times
Good morning everyone. I am doing well on my "healthier" eating. No real cravings so far so that is good. It has been 6 days. I will get on the scale on Monday. Monday I will also start exercising.

Steve- I so miss a good bagel. I am originally from NY and now I am in rural TN in the mountains. I love it here but we are sorely lacking in good food choices. No donut stores here either. So maybe in some cases it's a good thing.

My usual 1/2 cup Fiber One, skim milk, and peaches with cinnamon

Lunch will be some kind of big salad. I knew I was going to try to eat better so I went overboard shopping last week. Now I have tons of veggies that I need to use before anything goes bad.

Dinner- Shrimp Creole and brown rice

Old 01-09-2009, 07:28 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,954,111 times
Okay... I figured after over 2 years it would be polite for me to finally post a pic for those curious (I'm not fishing for anything... I just know I get curious about who I talk to sometimes). It's in the "Others Topics" thread of the General Forums.

The Shrimp Creole sounds great, YL! Not a fan of brown rice, so I might switch it for some jasmine, but you got my taste for it going now!!!

NCN - I'm sorry to hear about the baby. I have to look it up to see what Crohn's is... but I never wish anything bad on anyone!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,654,779 times
Steve, it is just that she is so young to have to deal with such a thing. She has just always been so pale and listless. I doubt she has felt good most of her life. I am just glad they found out what the problem is. She has had two medical procedures done already at Duke. Raleigh has good medical care. They were checking to see why a 2 year old was not gaining weight. She had a lot of skin rashes too. She looks so much better now. She is such a smart little thing that she almost acts like a grownup. We are laughing at my son and his wife trying to adjust to the new baby that is wide open. They have had this perfect little girl and then, "Wham!" Remember the new one came a month early. When this one gets healthy too, I am not sure they will be able to handle two live ones. My son and his wife both graduated in the top of their classes and seeing them deal with something that is not mental is so much fun.

Lisa, East Tennessee covers a lot of territory. My niece lives below Knoxville and I was born in Wilkes County, North Carolina just across the border there. I love Elizabethton area, or could it be Maryville, etc. We go to a timeshare near Pigeon Forge. Any of these places close to you?

Could it be that I have never had a good bagel because for the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would want to eat one. One was enough for me. I felt like I was trying to eat leather. LOL

Last edited by NCN; 01-09-2009 at 07:53 AM..

Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 AM

443 posts, read 565,594 times
I was glad to get back to 'normal' schedule this week. Very cold here with some snow storms--ah January, my most unfavorite month! The most healthy thing I've been doing is getting on the treadmill for some walking since its too cold to go outside much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals