Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Steve-glad all is okay, we were starting to get concerned.

Breakfast was low fat yog and fruit, coffee.
Lunch-a small lean leftover boneless beef rib, spinach salad.
Dinner-out and will be chicken and just hope I have the willpower to remove the delicious crispy skin.
Lacey, I am guessing you didn't grow up on a farm. If you had, you would have no trouble at all removing the chicken skin. We used to pluck our own. I try my best not to eat chicken skin. Nough said? Fried chicken at our house consisted of skinned stewed chicken and fried after that for Dad only. My Mom was a total health nut that was five feet tall and would have to get wet to be 100 pounds. I forget what the vitamin is, but there is a vitamin in chicken skin that is not in a lot of other foods. If you want to eat them, that is your excuse.

2 red apples cored and sliced with the skin still on.
coffee and milk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 12:54 PM
NCN

2 slices whitewheat bread toasted
2 thin slices liver pudding--less than 4 ounces
coffee and milk

We are seeing grass in our yard. The snow is making a fast getaway.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Thanx for the excuse NCN-I may use it as I love that fried skin! What the hey how much can it hurt!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:38 PM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,776 times
I usually remove the chicken skin,it's a habit of mine,so you won't see me at Kentucky Fried!

breakfast was just back to the soy milk,oat bran and this time grapes

lunch with my kiwanis meeting,had prawnes with eggplant,tea

Old 01-21-2009, 03:40 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Lacey, I am guessing you didn't grow up on a farm. If you had, you would have no trouble at all removing the chicken skin. We used to pluck our own. I try my best not to eat chicken skin. Nough said? Fried chicken at our house consisted of skinned stewed chicken and fried after that for Dad only. My Mom was a total health nut that was five feet tall and would have to get wet to be 100 pounds. I forget what the vitamin is, but there is a vitamin in chicken skin that is not in a lot of other foods. If you want to eat them, that is your excuse.

2 red apples cored and sliced with the skin still on.
coffee and milk

Oh but NCN, the skin when grilled till golden brown with a honey marinade is the best of a chicken leg! I know it's fat and unhealthy but when we have chicken or turkey legs (which happens really rarely) I do need to eat the skin too.

Yawn, just came back from - you know where from. The movie addict was at the theater again. Not my fault my cousin pursuaded me to watch "Australia" and it was quite good, tho not the tear jerker I expected it to be. It was rather long (nearly 3 hours ) and I couldn't sit anymore after the first 60 mins were over

It's 11:40 p.m. now and I'm ready for bed so I only tell you what I had to eat today, altho I'd rather not tell

Breakfast (9:30) cup of milk with a handful cinnamon cereal
Lunch (1:00) pork filet with brokkoli gratin and a potatoe
Snack (1:30) yogurt with apricots and poppy seeds
Dinner (7:30) 1 slice Margeritha pizza, 1 slice salami pizza from Pizza hut at the mall
Snack (8:00) popcorn (without butter, only sugar )

See you tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:42 PM
NCN

Yes, I love chicken legs too, but without the skin. There is not much left after the skin is removed. Wings have even less. I just don't like to eat chicken skin. I have seen lots of people chucking it down?? It is probably the farm thing. I pulled the feathers out of the skin. Yuck! They stink too. Just trying to help Lacey kick the habit. LOL

Izzy I haven't been to KFC for a long time, but when I was working it was one of my favorite fast lunches. I usually got a chicken breast and slaw and a diet drink. After the skin comes off the breast it is only 3 points on WW. With the skin, it is 10.
Did I mention I had lemon sherbet and cool whip earlier today?--very small serving.
Dinner was a smoked pork chop--I have seen hogs killed too, but I still like pork. Thanksgiving day was hog killing day when I was growing up. Imagine the shock when Mr. VA wanted turkey on Thanksgiving.
Lima beans
2 oranges, sliced
Coffee and milk

The only snow we have left is a few patches on the North side of buildings, etc. I think Jeannie got more then we did. The front came from the South and moved East. Raleigh and some counties East of us got walloped.

Last edited by NCN; 01-21-2009 at 05:54 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Maybe if I put my food intake down I will stick with my south beach diet.
Today I am having coffee with no fat creamer, snack (not breakfast) will be a string cheese and low sodium v-8. Lunch is a salad with chopped chicken breast, low fat dressing and a sugar free jello. Dinner is chicken but the rest is unknown until I get home from work.
Jeannie looks like you still have some bad driving over there, I still keep up with the news on WRAL. I am sure glad I missed that, I do not like driving on ice!
Sandy
Hi Sandy! Nice to see you here on the food journal. Yes, it helps me also to try and keep track of what I eat. Along with the exercise thread I get the best of both worlds.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post

It's 60 degrees here...brrrr.. will be raining the rest of the week
did she say brrr...60 degrees?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:18 PM

So nice to see you Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Good afternoon all. I haven't read any back threads yet, but if anyone was concerned, let me thank you up front and let y'all know it's considerate but all's fine here.

I am taking two classes to try to finish up my degree. For those that know me, y'all know I'm not the most academic person, so these two classes along with my job keep me very busy! Secondly, I've broadened my workload at work to help a co-worker who is behind the power curve (through no fault of his.. they just need more people to do what he does, but there's no funding for it! ). So, I'm chipping in. And, finally, I'm trying to get a new job here on base (I'm a contractor now.. and I'm trying to get a government job because they are more stable - less worry every year when competition for the work comes up).

Breakfast was two bean/cheese breakfast burritos and a coke. Today's lunch is a small salad. I have been increasing the water I drink (since I never drank any before, any sip is an increase! ). Also, I'm bringing 2-3 servings of fruit to eat throughout the day. Gym day today!!

Take care all!

Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 PM

breakfast...

oatmeal with sliced banana
water with lemons
supplements

lunch...

grilled chicken parm on whole wheat bread

dinner...

Wendy's honey chicken pieces
vanilla frosty I couldn't resist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals