Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:24 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times

Advertisements

Good morning!

I woke up to a snowy and cold day. DS feels better and I can go back to work tomorrow

We already took a small walk and have an evening with friends planned for tonight.

Breakfast: white wheat bun with a tad butter and plum jam
Lunch: Spaghetti with sauce Bolognese

Dinner - still open.

A happy and relaxing day to all of you out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 04:12 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Good morning Diana-just up and having coffee.

Well here it is Feb.! That means spring is around the corner somewhere.

Our lookers showed 2 hrs. late and Mr. L was beyond aggravated plus they locked us out and left lights on!

Breakfast will be the same-yog/fruit.
Dinner-roasted turkey and salad.

Lisa-Jannie & NCN are right, everyday is a new start and you had that wonderful little guy.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:37 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times
Good morning! Today is the big game in Tampa Bay but even more important is my most favorite Great Aunt in the whole world is celebrating her 90th birthday today and I wanted to share with everyone here. Here is an email my Mom sent me the other day about her...

Jeannie, I am so thankful for you in my life. I am thinking back to when you were a baby, the first traumatic time when you had an asthmatic attack, had trouble breathing, and I needed to get you to the doctor (I didn't have a driver's license in those days). I called Grampa Hensz/Chris, and they said, "No," they couldn't transport us to the doctor. Auntie Anne showed up in a pickup truck. There was never a time when she wasn't available. She also never spoke ill about your dad's father or stepmother, even though she and Uncle Jim were the ones who showed up at Gus's high school ball games when he was a star athlete. In fact, whenever your dad was headed for school in a wrinkled shirt, Auntie Anne would take him aside and iron it for him. He would eat dinner there enroute home from school, knowing that it wouldn't be pleasant at the dinner table on Cliff Street with a critical stepmother and a dad unwilling to take his side.

So it's fitting to extend a tribute to her. The only reason she and Uncle Jim didn't come to MN for our wedding was that she was pregnant with Mark. They more than made up for it by taking us in, and Uncle Jim employed your dad as a painter with him until he waited to qualify for the police dept. We were so blessed to have them in our lives as we had to transition from the Air Force to civilian life.

Oh, and one more bit of good news...7 lbs.!!

Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......happy Sunday!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times
Very Happy 90th to Auntie Anne-bless her what a wonderful, caring person.

Jeannie-congrats on the 7lbs!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 08:37 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,384,815 times
Good morning all and Happy Super Bowl Day.

MM- I am so happy Miguel is feeling better.

Judi I am so sorry about your delay yesterday. On the bright side maybe they "loved" your house. I hope so.

Yeah, I thought Spring was also around the corner until I read this week's forecast. We are in for a mean week here in the TN mountains.

jeannie- Happy Birthday to Auntie Anne. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

Woo hoo. 7lbs. You are doing fantastic.

Today Day 1 for a new beginning. No "Super Bowl Snacks" for us so I am safe.

Breakfast- Scrambled eggs and fruit salad.

Lunch- Salad in a pita.

Dinner- Homemade Spinach. Bean , and Rice soup. This should help my sore throat that I woke up with.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:59 AM

72,411 posts, read 18,198,148 times
Good morning MM, Lisa,Jeannie,Lacey,NCN

Jeannie,Happy birthday to Auntie Anne! what a beautiful story! very touching!

Diana,I am glad DS is feeling better now.

Lacey,relax and enjoy the games!

My niece is here,we will probably go shopping! yay! no one will be around!

Have a happy Football party today!

Coffee,scrambled eggs and muffin

Old 02-01-2009, 12:47 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,617,651 times
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately there will be Super Bowl snacks here but I'm going to try and not go too overboard. So far today...

red grapes
2 clementines

2 turkey dogs on whole wheat rolls

after that who knows...

Old 02-01-2009, 05:00 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Happy Birthday Auntie Anne! Jeannie sounds like you are having a wonderful day. What would we do without those support people sometimes in our families and sometimes just friends.
Good evening one and all!
Mr. VA is on his supper hour so I have to post in a hurry.
Breakfast: Banana and coffee and milk
Lunch: Salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and celery and 2 T. Olive Garden Dressing.
Kaiser Roll with 2 T. Pimento Spread
1/2 cup grape juice together with about 8 ounces diet ginger ale.
Snack: 24 square pretzels
Later snack: Can of beanee weenee with 5 soda crackers and coffee and milk
Still later snack: Peanut granola bar while I finished the coffee and milk
Dinner: Italian chicken tender, steamed melody of vetetables with pepper only, orange, coffee and milk
I will be drinking water the rest of the day. Points are gone.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 PM

72,411 posts, read 18,198,148 times
My younger niece was here,so we really ddin't have a planned meal. Just home made nachos,guacamole.Some snacks,sandwiches... She made Thai Sweet rice,it was ok. that was for dessert.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:57 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times
Happy birthday to your aunt Anne! 90 years - wow. May she have many more healthy years!

Izzy, how was the shopping? Wish I could go out and spend some money on useless things I just don't need lol.

Dinner was a slice of w/w bread with a tad butter and fried veggies.

When we had our friends over I served warm apple/cinnamon muffins with ice cream and a bit whipped cream. They loved it. It's so good to have friends around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals