Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,289,095 times

Advertisements

Quick update..its shingles..got a scrip for Valtrex for the actual virus, vicodin for pain, and something to prevent lingering nerve pain. Oh glory day. I can't do anything about it but roll with it now, take the meds and try to get through this.

Ok dinner, i had 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza..it tasted darn good too. Will give it a good go tomorrow at healthier..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 09:18 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Quick update..its shingles..got a scrip for Valtrex for the actual virus, vicodin for pain, and something to prevent lingering nerve pain. Oh glory day. I can't do anything about it but roll with it now, take the meds and try to get through this.

Ok dinner, i had 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza..it tasted darn good too. Will give it a good go tomorrow at healthier..
You poor thing. I am beginning to wonder if I got all the treatment I needed. I had a couple of what I thought were fever blisters appear beside my nose and I used alcohol for several days, while all the time mentioning that I may go to the doctor. You will feel awful. I had fever and thought I had the flu and just felt awful for almost a month and sometime during all that the "fever blisters" appeared.

I went to my doctor for a check up and told him about the fact that I had felt so awful. He told me I had shingles and he just shook his head at the treatment. It was sort of like "I can't believe you got over this by yourself." I hope I did. Lingering nerve pain? I will be discussing this with him at the next visit which will have to be within a month.

I have been nibbling today. Things like potato chips, peanuts, few bites of pop corn, Hoagie roll with three slices onion and one slice of tomato that were left over from yesterday. A few cups of coffee and milk with in the mixture too. Yes, we will both do better tomorrow.

Getting a cotton ball and putting rubbing alcohol on it and rubbing the sore places really made me feel better. I did this when it itched, so I would not scratch it. It burned at first and be sure not to have it close to your eyes. I only got 2 and 1/2 sore places.

Think I will have an apple now.

Last edited by NCN; 05-27-2009 at 09:27 PM..

Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,289,095 times
NCN..wow I hope you got over it ok, sounds like you did what you needed to do to treat it..the only thing you can really do is try to keep from having too much pain, and watch for infection, and try to prevent the follow up pain. Its a viral thing..it does sound like what you had. Did you have chicken pox as a child? Because shingles and Epstein Barr come from the chicken pox virus remaining dormant and coming out at you at a time of illness or stress..I have chronic epstein barr so this doesnt really surprise me, the timing is just bad.

Please follow up with your doctor for the lingering pain..there might be something they can give you and from what I understand, it does fade with time... Tonight I am having those stabbing shooting pains and i want to jump out of my skin..

Oh I think I will have a glass of ice cold milk and a couple cookies. For some reason I need some comfort food..tomorrow is a new day.

Night all....

Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 PM

72,477 posts, read 18,229,368 times
NCN Can't believe you didn't see a doctor for that pain!

Lunch

beef soft taco. diet coke

Dinner

Some chicken pieces

tomato soup

Old 05-28-2009, 03:34 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times
I've heard that shingles is extremely painful. Dogmom, feel better. NCN, I had a pick day also yesterday. Stress eating. Going to try and be better today.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:48 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,454,543 times
Looks like we all fell off last night. Didn't do to bad but it wasnt good either!

Lunch, well I made Italian beef sandwitches with carrot, celery, hot pepper au jus. So dang good but..........
Supper, I made 3 6" pancakes with butter and syrup.

Today is another beginning, right?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,888,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Looks like we all fell off last night. Didn't do to bad but it wasnt good either!

Lunch, well I made Italian beef sandwitches with carrot, celery, hot pepper au jus. So dang good but..........
Supper, I made 3 6" pancakes with butter and syrup.

Today is another beginning, right?

That's it girl!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals