Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Thank you all for the nice things said about my Mom. She has survived the loss of a child, breast cancer and other ordeals and I believe she is in a good place now in her life. Friday is approaching and a long holiday weekend. Judi, are you packed yet? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk.....happy Thursday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 05:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,888,470 times
Morning all-not yet Jeannie as I'm superstitous. I know what I'm taking and have started laying some stuff out. Nails and pedi today and I'll pack this weekend. I did buy all the snacks for the road tho and gifts for the grands.

Breakfast the usual.
Lunch will be cottage cheese/salad
Dinner-out at Cheers.

Happy Thurs all.

We have haze from the CA fires here.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:33 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,462,175 times
Good morning ladies. This is way too early to be up, lol. We have to meet with the electric inspector this morning in town.

Jeannie- Your mom looks great. I had to go back and look.

Judi- Ooh a fun and pampered day. Enjoy it.

Coffee right now. I am too tired to think about anything else, lol. I'll check in later.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:43 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,693,767 times
Good morning and happy thursday. Labor day weekend is almost here.

Jeannie.......happy for you mom. Loving hearing survival success stories.

Yeah Judi....you must be sooooooo excited. Of course you bought gifts for the grands. LOl.

lets see....prolly the usual for me
WW toast with a cup and half of strawberries. May put a tbl of peanut butter on the toast.

progresso fat free chicken noodle soup and sald for lunch

garlic shrimp and pasta for dinner
With a special K bar, apple and bag of WW garlic pretzle thins for snacks.
Plus plenty of Wawa.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:16 AM

72,476 posts, read 18,229,368 times
Good morning everyone!

Jeannie,your mom is so healthy and in shape! amazing!

Lacey love those pedi ! that reminds me to do it today!

YL I know how it feels to get up so early! yuck!

Eliza don't forget the blueberries,they are always in my breakfast!

That's what I am having,blueberries with cottage cheese and coffee!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,551,463 times
Good morning everyone...

Having my Light yogurt with a bit of granola as we speak!
Not sure about lunch or dinner yet.

Hope you all have a great day! It's going to be hot again today in Southern California...104 degrees is the prediction...but they are usually wrong...it's sometimes hotter! I'm a little closer to the desert than Izzy, so it may not be that hot for her!

Later...

Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,693,790 times
Good morning ladies. Jeannie, I believe your mom and my sister were born close together. Glad your mother survived.

It is absolutely beautiful outside.

I am going to peel some potatoes and bake them with the roast beef in my deli meats. The package from Sam's comes with honey turkey, smoked ham and roast beef. I take the roast beef out of the freezor without unrolling it and put it in a baking dish with a cover my sister gave me years ago with the potatoes and roast it until done. The roast beef is already sliced and just enough for the two of us with some leftover for mixing with the other two meats for sandwiches. That will be dinner. Lately we have breakfast, dinner and supper.

Breakfast was Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt
banana
coffee and milk

Foot is much better and I hope to go shopping or just get outside today. I used my new steam mop to mop my bathroom yesterday and I think the floor is one shade lighter. LOL

Old 09-03-2009, 10:19 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,693,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Good morning ladies. Jeannie, I believe your mom and my sister were born close together. Glad your mother survived.

It is absolutely beautiful outside.

I am going to peel some potatoes and bake them with the roast beef in my deli meats. The package from Sam's comes with honey turkey, smoked ham and roast beef. I take the roast beef out of the freezor without unrolling it and put it in a baking dish with a cover my sister gave me years ago with the potatoes and roast it until done. The roast beef is already sliced and just enough for the two of us with some leftover for mixing with the other two meats for sandwiches. That will be dinner. Lately we have breakfast, dinner and supper.

Breakfast was Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt
banana
coffee and milk

Foot is much better and I hope to go shopping or just get outside today. I used my new steam mop to mop my bathroom yesterday and I think the floor is one shade lighter. LOL
HI NCN.....

Yes......magnolia is a town

Old 09-03-2009, 12:47 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,636,848 times
Hi all!

5 miles on the treadmill this morning

breakfast...

oatmeal with fresh blueberries
water with lemons throughout the day
supplements

Old 09-03-2009, 02:13 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,551,463 times
Lunch...

Small portion of Hamburger Pie...actually not with a crust, but a biscuit.
1/2 Roasted Red Potato
Green Beans

Well, our thermometer says it's 105.7 on our patio...in the shade. And it's also kind of muggy for here. Wish I could trade weather with some of you! Have a great afternoon all...

Later...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals