Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times

Advertisements

Lacy, we are going to have to go to Florida with Lisa. We could help redo the houses. So many people I know do the North Carolina mountains in the Summer and Florida in the Winter. I think that is probably the ideal way to go if you do not live in Southern California. My son said the weather changed very little all through basic training when he was in San Diego.

Jeannie, the Summer weather in the mountains is just about what we are having now. We are planning our trip up to see the leaves. My husband just told me he is planning to take me to the Doughton Park Coffee House for our 45th anniversary. I would really prefer to start at Cherokee and travel all the way to the end of the Skyline Drive, but I will settle for one day. He was so proud of himself for thinking of it.

Diane or Diana?? You are so right about the trees. God takes a notion to prune the trees every once in a while and it can happen in any season. The worst is when ice weighs them down in Winter. Remember we heat with electricity. Once we had to move into a motel for a few days. That was just so much easier than living like someone camping. I worked with a girl who moved her home to a hotel in the middle of the night. She has a tropical bird and she said she was afraid it was going to freeze to death. She said it was acting funny. They left home in about axle deep snow. We do get cold and Winter weather sometimes.

Last edited by NCN; 10-01-2009 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybee View Post
WOW! THATS GOOD, I HAVEN'T DONE THAT YET. I ONLY HAVE 2 1/2 MILES. GOOD FOR YOU. YOU SHOULD BE TIRED AND PROUD.
Thank you ladybee. I don't run the entire time. I interval with walking with an incline and running. I like the incline because it feels like I'm getting a good leg work-out also.

dinner...

tacos with white turkey meat
2 bites of my daughter's birthday cake ice cream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals