Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 04:46 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,881,236 times

Advertisements

Yeah it's here-leave all 2009's baggage at the curb ladies and start anew.

Quiet NYE here with a great dinner and cocktails.

Breakfast-making bacon and eggs/toast.

Lunch-nothing

Dinner-Prime rib, pan roasted baby yukon golf potatoes, broc n cheese sauce.

Happy,Healthy New Year friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 08:29 AM

72,460 posts, read 18,222,920 times
Happy New year everyone! Good morning Lacey!

We have beautiful weather for the Rose Parade this morning!Wish everyone healthy,praying for those that are sick.

Not sure what to eat first,but I am going to take a walk first. Then I will have some soymilk and eggs

Old 01-01-2010, 11:12 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,680,315 times
Judi, thanks for starting us up and Izzy, thanks for keeping us going.

We have had an interesting morning here trying to get all the traditions in. Mr. VA went to Dollar General to get turnip greens and walked down the shopping center to Food Lion to make sure we got the collard greens in too. We bought preseasoned and hope the two cans go together good and don't assault each other.

The black-eyed peas are cooking and Mr. VA said they are good. I let him taste to make sure they are about to be done. I will put the hush puppies in the oven and warm up the greens straight from the can, after draining, which will take much of the seasoning. I am not patient enough to let them cook down; that would take hours.

I will be having the greens and hushpuppies and try to eat a few black-eyed peas. This is not my favorite meal, but I will suffer through.

Breakfast was yogurt, banana and coffee and milk
At about 12 noon I had a banana because I was starving.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Confession time----had scrambled eggs w/low fat cheese and white toast/jelly.

Lunch I put of crab dip and crackers-a downfall and just had a thin almond biscotti-full's the word.

Prime rib is getting to room temp and will start cooking at 3:30. My body will be cracing yogurt and cottage cheese tomorrow.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:41 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,680,315 times
I had a breaded flounder fish fillet with lunch too and the black-eyed peas were all right. We have a lot left though. I think I will just have a piece of the french bread with butter on it for dinner. My stomach is still trying to digest lunch.

Judi, I think our bodies crave what it needs. Well, sometimes we just want something, but when you really want something, I think you probably need it.

The mixture of turnip greens and collard greens was really good. I had too many hushpuppies though.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 PM

NCN I look at it that I'm fooling my metabolism-LOL. Plus it's NYrs-so I was bad Christmas and NYr'sEve and Day

Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 PM

72,460 posts, read 18,222,920 times
Lacey,NCN Let's not worry too much about the food,enjoy! I am sure in two weeks we will be back to normal. I have been trying to eat light,but it's impossible with chocolates and get togethers!

I had cakes,pies and other goodies today in the afternoon,so I am guilty too! oh well!
Have a good night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals