Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 05:19 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,889,282 times

Advertisements

Morning ladies.

Seems like a better day here-yesterday I was in a blue funk and exhausted. Just one of those days.

Tacos were good-even tho not my fave.

Warmth continues here-this is a blessing.

Breakfast-the usual
Lunch-1/2 jalapeno cheese sandwich on 12 grain,salad.
Dinner-linguine and white clam sauce.

Whatever you do today-enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 06:46 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,401,512 times
Good afternoon all!

Had a day off yesterday. Rather spontaneous b/c I had to see the doc with Miguel since he had a fever on Wednesday night. It seems he caught scarlett fever at the day nursery so I stayed at home with him and we had quite a nice day. He's feeling good all day long but the nights are not so good. I hope he's better today. He stays with DH and when I talked to them before lunch time it sounded like they were having fun lol

My to do list for today: grocery shopping with my dad, playing with Miguel, relaxing and early to bed

Breakfast:
small helping of cereal w/ milk (low fat)

Lunch:
bowl of salad
piece of pieta bread topped w/ cream cheese / ham / cheese

Happy Friday!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:27 AM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Good morning. Hope Miguel's scarlet fever gets better. Judi, glad your weather is improving.

We are sunny, but I am still coughing. This has been going on since Thanksgiving. I just feel blah!

Corn flakes, sugar and milk
Will have coffee in a few minutes. Now I know why I like instant; you don't have to wait for it.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:31 AM

NCN have you tried Mucinex? It works.

Diana hope Miguel gets better soon-poor baby.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:16 AM

72,478 posts, read 18,230,294 times
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday morning!

Poor Miguel! hope he gets better soon. Hard to see him sick.

NCN,I know you must have been drinking a lot of lemons and hot water. Never heard of MUcinex. Is it a cold drug, my mom used to take Contact. She can't find them anymore. Not sure what is similar to Contact, I cannot take it,it's too strong for me.

Making my strong Veggie and fruit mix and going to a meeting at the office.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:26 PM

Mucinex is a pill that relieves congestion and coughs.

Lunch was out and was creamy,chunk potato soup and wheat toast.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:11 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,695,185 times
Does anyone here count carbs. I was reading another thread and someone posted that they kept their carbs down to 100 per day. Doesn't that sound a little low? I had a friend with diabetes and she had to keep her carb count down to 145. I am thinking it would be good to keep them under 150 since I do not have diabetes. That would be about 600 calories a day for carbs or about half my calorie count. I could aim for 100 and be a little lax with it.

Izzy, I forget to do the lemon water and I have a bag of lemons in the refridgerator. I have tried Mucinex but prefer nighttime (a Nyquil type medicine). Judi this is as close as I get to drinking. It is about 25% alcohol. LOL I think I may be dealing with inside allergies so maybe I should just clean and vacuum more. Izzy, I am like your Mother in that contact was too strong, but I take a half dose of the nighttime and it is just about right. It is like a sleeping pill too.

I loved it when I went to an allergy doctor and he gave me instructions. First instruction was "remove patient from room when cleaning." Yeah, right!

Jeannie told me about someone that had lowered their blood pressure by cutting down on salt. I have a friend that has a heart condition and they want her to keep her salt count down to 1500. I have always just done the points, but I wonder if I should concentrate on health so I will feel better.

Lunch was a banana and coffee and milk and pizza for dinner after we did the weight room. I have snacked on granola bars. One would have been better.

There is another way of eating that just concentrates on eating less than 30 grams of fat per day. I have a friend that became skinny by eating under 30 grams of fat per day. I am not sure that would work with me. I like vegetables too much and would probably eat too many of them and gain weight.

Last edited by NCN; 03-05-2010 at 10:20 PM..

Old 03-06-2010, 04:19 AM

NCN I don't have the patience for counting-did years ago and kept to 900 cal a day.

Salt-I never use it except to season meats before roasting or pasta water.

For me what I've been doing for almost 2 years has worked and I'm satisifed.

We all know our bodies and what works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals