Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Yeah happy dancing NCN is home.

Years ago we re-did our kitchen totally-OMG months of disaster and mess but in the end so worth it. When I had heart surgery Mr. L had already started a demo of our 2nd flr bath and that was worse-of course they said no stairs-but hey a girl's gotta go when a girl's gotta go.

So many-6-teens killed in car accidents this weekend (2 sep. accidents) drinking, no seatbelts-totally burned to death. One just got her license. Cannot imagine the pain as I lost my BF last year of HS in an accident but 6 from one school.

Thinking of a long day out tomorrow to visit Mr. L's parents,brother's graves, lunch-it's a distance.
Thank you for that. I did a redecoration of our entire house a few years back and hoped it would last as long as I did and am mostly concerned they will mess with that while doing this. Communication is our problem. The bathrooms should have been done before the painting and papering. We have the smallest bathrooms I have ever seen and mine looks much bigger, but in reality is only 1/2 foot bigger than his. I was shocked when I saw the measurements.

I now realize how wonderful the family was that I worked with on that project. I used materials from their family business, the sister helped me with the colors, the brother did the paper and paint. I paid him each week for what he did that week. He was so trustworthy that I left him alone in the home doing the work while I was at work myself and had no worry that he would overstep his bounds. I decided to paint my cabinets rather than replace them and he listened when I mentioned a change to paper rather than paint on the filler above the cabinets. My favorite thing he did and seemed to enjoy was a papered clothesline with hanging clothes over my washer and dryer. The washing closet was all white, but I now look up and see the clothes border the same color as the paper on my walls. I think most men would have thought I was silly to want that, but it is something I love to look up and see when I am doing laundry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,384,352 times
NCN, welcome back! Missed you a lot. This thread seems to be dwindling more and more.
The brother seems to be a piece of gold. Some guys (although very seldom) understand what a girl needs even if it's the color of the clothes border lol

Yesterday's dinner: 1 slice of baguette stuffed w/ garlic butter and 1 piece of homemade pizza

Breakfast:
1 yogurt + 1 table spoon cereal

Lunch:
2 potatoes and leftover veggie ragout made from carrots/turnips/cabbage turnip/mushrooms
1 small bowl of rubarb w/ vanilla sauce

Dinner:
Will go out with my colleague and two suppliers and I'll probably have salmon along with wild rice, arugula and lemon butter. I had this dish in February in this sea view restaurant, I'm already drooling lol.

I only have a quick trip to the library on my to-do list to get a new audio book for the car. Otherwise, grab a quick shower and run to this meeting. I won't be seeing much of Miguel today buhu

Happy Tuesday!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM
NCN

Good morning everybody. It is a beautiful morning. Well clearing the air had its benefits for me. Mr. VA has agreed to going out west on our vacation and is even considering spending the Winter in Myrtle Beach. I just have to figure out a way to get the bills paid from there. I think this is something we may continue if it turns out all right. I think it may even save us some money. Utilities are included in the rent and we can lower our heat here. We'll see. I am thinking about just doing December, January and February. I love the beach in Winter even more than in Summer.

Coffee and milk
banana
vanilla yogurt

Old 04-27-2010, 11:43 AM
NCN

Good afternoon. I am nibbling today.
Coffee and milk and 16 wheat crackers

Big bun size hot dog and bun and a 12 oz. can of sugary Pepsi.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Oh NCN you are all alone here!

Having some tomato soup and noodles

Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Morning ladies and friends.

We went out last night and I had pulled pork on a bun.

NCN it's so worth MB in the winter-I also love the beach that time of year. I pay all bills on-line and love it. If we're on the road I'll call in for balance and then pay.

Breakfast the usual.
Lunch-addicted to 1% cottage cheese and salsa.
Dinner-ham steak grilled and baked sweet potatoes.

Happy Weds.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 AM

Hi!

NCN, that sounds wonderful. I have never been on a beach in winter...

Our meeting yesterday evening was fun. The ladies we went out for dinner with were really nice and I had this amazing salmon. Afterwards a hot chocolate with whipped cream as dessert and I was ready to go to bed.

Today the weather is beautiful again so I'll go out for some walking/jogging with a friend and our kids. Maybe I even get to push the stroller again. Haven't done that in ages!!!

Breakfast:
yogurt w/ cereal (217kcal)

Lunch:
1 white wheat bun with ham cream cheese
1 slice of w/w bread w/ cream cheese / cheese / ham
1 yogurt w/ cereal

Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Hi all change in plans.

Went grocery shopping as some wild storms due tomorrow. So I picked up 1/4 lb chunky chicken salad and had that on 12 grain. Dinner will be out.

Meatloaf for tomorrow-yummo.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM

Good morning. I guess you all must be sound asleep now - sweet dreams!

Dinner yesterday:
a few slices of cucumber + 1 white wheat bun with cream cheese.

And I just noticed that our white wheat buns are not the same as hot dog buns. They are not so soft but crunchy outside and soft inside. I don't know if you have Kaiser rolls over there. Maybe roll is the correct name...?!?!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:31 AM

Morning Diana-yes Kaiser rolls but in NJ/NY not here-all rolls are soft and doughy. Miss that nice crust and soft inside.

Rainy day and the winds yesterday were so strong.

Mr. and I shared a fish sandwich and some onion rings last night.

Breakfast the usual.
Lunch-cottage cheese
Dinner-making meatloaf,mashed garlic pots., sauteed zucchini.

Haircut at noon!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals