Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:08 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,396,690 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies!

I hope y'all had a wonderful weekend. It seems your beautiful weather came over to us. It was sunny and quite warm with 68°F.

It was a busy weekend what with painting Miguel's room and I thought we would finish on Sat. Yesterday evening I was glad we finished at all since we faced some problems we didn't expect Well now it's done, it looks beautiful and Miguel likes it a lot.

Okay, what's on your schedule for today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 11:09 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,396,690 times
Ooppps, of course not "hear" but "here". Seems I'm still somewhat asleep.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,878,291 times
Good morning/evening/night Diana!

Isn't that always the way-you start a project that is seemingly easy and always something pops up. Glad it's all done and your weather was great.

Rainy,cloudy weekend here but was needed.

Made a huge vat of pasta gravy/meatballs/sausage yesterday for today. Just had delicious pizza for dinner last night.

Quiet week ahead-which is good.

Breakfast the usual.
Lunch the usual cottage ch as yesterday was an awesome mushroom/swiss burger.
Dinner-macaroni and meatballs,etc.

Happy last Monday in April.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 AM

72,449 posts, read 18,220,417 times
So many things going on in April,the rain,the weather is totally strange! the flowers and plants are very pretty but not enough.
Going to be a very hectic week for me as far as work is concerned. Busy is good actually!

Coffee and some walking. I feel better these days,more energy.

Yeah,happy last monday in April!

Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,675,033 times
Good morning ladies. I'm back from my diet vacation. I just needed a break.

Diane, hope your surprises were not as troubling as the ones we ran into with our bathroom redo. It was not pretty, but I hope it will be someday. I didn't think it would be easy and really didn't want mine redone and now hubby is mad at me because I am not excited enough about the project. I just want to go to the beach. My home has been invaded by people with saws making dust and loud sounding hammers.

I thought you were just playing around with the "hear."

Judi, I couldn't say that on facebook. Too many relatives on there.

Coffee and milk
banana
vanilla yogurt

Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 AM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
So many things going on in April,the rain,the weather is totally strange! the flowers and plants are very pretty but not enough.
Going to be a very hectic week for me as far as work is concerned. Busy is good actually!

Coffee and some walking. I feel better these days,more energy.

Yeah,happy last monday in April!
I always wondered why rain is mentioned so much in April. So I checked with our city data on here and April is the month with the least rain in our area. Our March winds come in February, our April showers come in March and our May flowers come in April.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Minera...-Carolina.html

Old 04-26-2010, 04:04 PM

Yeah happy dancing NCN is home.

Years ago we re-did our kitchen totally-OMG months of disaster and mess but in the end so worth it. When I had heart surgery Mr. L had already started a demo of our 2nd flr bath and that was worse-of course they said no stairs-but hey a girl's gotta go when a girl's gotta go.

So many-6-teens killed in car accidents this weekend (2 sep. accidents) drinking, no seatbelts-totally burned to death. One just got her license. Cannot imagine the pain as I lost my BF last year of HS in an accident but 6 from one school.

Thinking of a long day out tomorrow to visit Mr. L's parents,brother's graves, lunch-it's a distance.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:57 PM

72,449 posts, read 18,220,417 times
Happy to see NCN home.
I feel the same way,I am not so comfortable posting things in Facebook,I have so many relative,80% live in the East Coast. I feel I am being watched!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 PM

There are family I don't accept! You can delete and they never know.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:19 PM
NCN

Judi, I like the people and want to be friends, but that hubby is upset with me is something I would never tell my daughter or his sister. They would try to fix it. LOL We just yelled at each other for a while and cleared the air. It is a good thing we live on a large lot in the country.

What is really funny is that what I was upset about is that so far I have picked out two vanity's and neither were all right. Today he got the same treatment. This man keeps on and I am going to say, "Who's bathroom is this anyway?" I just figure these things happen for a reason and am hoping it turns out better because of it. The latest one I picked out costs less, is prettier and has more drawers. Works for me. Now lets see him get it through the door of the bathroom. He says he can, but I have my doubts.

Master bathroom which is Mr. VA's has walls again and hopefully everything has been repaired underneath. We were a victim of too many contractors and nobody watching when the house was being built 35 years ago. Both of us were concerned about want we thought was a problem with the floor, but the problem was with the main structure. A plumber had cut a hole through one of the main boards in order to install the shower head and fixture. His shower was holding up the wall and they had to put up supporting rails while they repaired it and I so hope it worked and will stay all right.

We had a tornado rip up shingles on our roof and shake the house good a couple of years after we moved in and for a while I felt like I was living in a wrecked house. If I didn't like where I live, we would just sell this "as is" and buy one of the repossed houses that one sees all over the place.

Mr. VA says he is only leaving here in a box or if someone knocks on our door just wanting our lot for McDonald's property and offers a huge amount of money. We think we have a good possibility of someday having a McDonald's property because there is a shopping center planned within sight of where we live. Imagine being able to walk to Harris Teeter. When we moved here 35 years ago, I needed a loaf of bread after 6 P. M. and had to drive 20 miles to find a store open to buy one. That was when I started keeping bread and milk in the freezor.

Lunch was a really good fillet of flounder--do you know that food tastes better when you are hungry?
4 hushpuppies
Broccoli
Cantalope
Coffee and milk

Afternoon snack--two mallow cups

Dinner was three slices of ham
coleslaw
coffee and milk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals