Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:19 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,227,140 times

Advertisements

I used to work in a studio that had a lot of voiceover clients. They're paid voice actors. They could care less what the product is or if they've used it (eaten it). But I do agree, the Whataburger VO guy fits the product pretty well.

And dammit if Whataburger hasn't grown on me just a little bit recently. Twisted root is on the list of things to do. But I need to save money for this whole house buying thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,619,427 times
If there were a Twisted Root or a Ball's anywhere close to me at all, I'm sure I'd eat there. But who wants to drive across the metromess to get a burger? Whataburgers are everywhere; that's what makes them so convenient. And they're cheap, too. For 6 bucks I can get a great burger, fries, and large drink. It's the best fast food burger around IMHO. I haven't even been to Keller's in a couple of years due to the drive.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 AM

108 posts, read 287,128 times
I just ate at Twisted Root in Richardson yesterday for the 1st time.
It was the BEST burger that I have ever eaten, ever!!!
75 and Campbell SE corner

Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,894,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
If there were a Twisted Root or a Ball's anywhere close to me at all, I'm sure I'd eat there. But who wants to drive across the metromess to get a burger? Whataburgers are everywhere; that's what makes them so convenient. And they're cheap, too. For 6 bucks I can get a great burger, fries, and large drink. It's the best fast food burger around IMHO. I haven't even been to Keller's in a couple of years due to the drive.
We visit the Twisted Root in Richardson after church sometimes as it is close. They have all kinds of burgers and not just beef. My daughter actually likes the turkey burger. Their sweet potato fries/chips are good and you MUST try their spicy pickles. Their homemade root beer is good. HOWEVER, be warned if you want root beer they have two "Root Beer" selections on the soda fountain. One is regular root beer and the other can be any of the assorted additional flavors they are known to add. I've seen coconut root beer, amereto root beer, etc. Not my gig.

Go to Keller's on Saturday nights and stay awhile. Wander the back parking lot checking out all of the cars. Mostly older muscle cars, street rods, etc but every so often an exotic or two will show up. Makes it more of a fully outing than just going for a burger.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:56 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,227,140 times
Can anyone tell me if there is a place in N. Dallas to get a decent pastrami burger?

Like a greek diner/ burger place? For reference, here is a photo of what I had in mind. From a place I used to go where I used to live.

Thanks

Old 07-31-2010, 02:18 PM

Try Cindy's Deli. There are several around w/ one being on Central Expwy near Royal Ln.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:48 PM

501 posts, read 1,463,719 times
We finally got around to trying out Twisted Root in Richardson this past weekend. It is one of the best burgers I have had in a long time. We also had fried pickles, sweet potato chips, and french fries. Pickles and chips were very good, the fries were average. I am not sure if they have bands out there on a regular basis but there was a band bland in the "square" right in front of Twisted Root they were pretty good and definately made that a fun area to be in. I had a "regular" beef burger but am looking forward to trying out some of the other offerings in the future.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:06 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,703 times
Twisted Root is great. I went to the one that just opened on SMU Boulevard and have been back several times. My waistline might not be thanking me, but everything I've tried is great. I even tried one of their hot dogs and it was good as well. Love their homemade root beer also.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM

501 posts, read 1,463,719 times
On another note, in the past we had always really like Purdy's hamburgers (also in Richardson). I hadn't been there in a long time but went there a month or so ago and was greatly disappointed in the food quality and the overall cleanliness of the restaurant itself. It seemed very dirty and the food was definately well below what I recalled.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
On another note, in the past we had always really like Purdy's hamburgers (also in Richardson). I hadn't been there in a long time but went there a month or so ago and was greatly disappointed in the food quality and the overall cleanliness of the restaurant itself. It seemed very dirty and the food was definately well below what I recalled.
Eww, that place went downhill several years ago. It used to be a pretty good place and was always packed. Every single time someone mentions for us to go there I gag. It is NASTY!!!!! I'm not sure about the Addison location and even if it is still open but the Richardson location is HORRIBLE!!! I don't see how they stay open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas