Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 AM

4 posts, read 11,133 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are both teachers- he is with Lewisville ISD (Hebron) and I am with Richardson ISD. We're looking to get out of an apartment and into a home soon. We really liked west plano... but like I said we are both teachers and young so it's WAY out of our price range. I am very new to the Frisco area. Any suggestions of nice neighborhoods in Frisco between $200 - $245K? Hopefully the lower end of $200 .

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 07:08 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,808,870 times
Grey Hawk would be a great area for that price range. Nice Rotunda area, parks and pool. Several different builders so more variety in the floorplans than a neighborhood where it's just one or two builders.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 PM

Thank you FalconheadWest!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM

225 posts, read 518,925 times
Adding to that-I like the Plantation area for 1st time buyers in your price range for Frisco. It's location is in between Coit and Preston just North of 121. There is a golf course for the hubby if he likes to play and a club pool for the neighborhood. I grew up there fishing as a little guy.

For a change of pace, have ya'll talked about living in Richardson at all since you teach there? If so, there is a great established community called Richardson Heights just West of 75 that is primarily made up of mid-century homes built on pier and beam foundations. More and more younger people are moving into this neighborhood and prices should remain at the very least stable if they don't keep appreciating in my opinion. Two tennis courts and a recreation center are a couple of nice additions to this area.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
or living in Lewisville/Flower Mound area--there are some nice areas in your price range I am sure and that is not too bad a commute

Old 06-18-2010, 05:35 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Kirkpatrick View Post
Adding to that-I like the Plantation area for 1st time buyers in your price range for Frisco. It's location is in between Coit and Preston just North of 121. There is a golf course for the hubby if he likes to play and a club pool for the neighborhood. I grew up there fishing as a little guy.

For a change of pace, have ya'll talked about living in Richardson at all since you teach there? If so, there is a great established community called Richardson Heights just West of 75 that is primarily made up of mid-century homes built on pier and beam foundations. More and more younger people are moving into this neighborhood and prices should remain at the very least stable if they don't keep appreciating in my opinion. Two tennis courts and a recreation center are a couple of nice additions to this area.
I would second Richardson but the OP said her husband teaches in Lewisville; that is a bear of a commute. Then again so is Richardson from Frisco.

I live in Heights Park (in a mid-century home on a pier and beam near that rec center) so feel free to ask me anything.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 PM

He will be in Lewisville for a while & he works much later than I do. Also, I may not be in Richardson much longer. I appreciate all the advice- very helpful! I'm hoping that the commute from Frisco to Richardson- won't be more than 30 or 40 minutes? Am I wrong?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:43 PM

225 posts, read 518,925 times
I think you're pretty close to spot on for the commute from Frisco to Richardson give or take 5-10 minutes depending on your strating point and ending point in each city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas