Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

it is terribly unfair, unrealistic, and (need I say it) close-minded to state
This perception is held only by those who have a closed mind, namely liberals......
anyone who stereotypes on such a large scale is pretty closed-minded as well from my perspective...you can't bookend an entire thought pattern with one word--
and the term LIBERAL in and of itself has as many permutations as the people who are called or choose to identify themselves under that description...
there is no "one size fits all" garment to cloak liberals as racist--
it is just as easy (and more likely to happen) to do the reverse and claim that conservatives are racists....

since I have "Oatmeal" blocked as someone whose posts I choose not to read--and the person's comments are responding to that post--mine might be a little off target-
but I just hate to see posts that are either/or--100% in a specific direction for something that can't be quantified---
I was taught that is faulty logic...

Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
it is terribly unfair, unrealistic, and (need I say it) close-minded to state
This perception is held only by those who have a closed mind, namely liberals......
anyone who stereotypes on such a large scale is pretty closed-minded as well from my perspective...you can't bookend an entire thought pattern with one word--
and the term LIBERAL in and of itself has as many permutations as the people who are called or choose to identify themselves under that description...
there is no "one size fits all" garment to cloak liberals as racist--
it is just as easy (and more likely to happen) to do the reverse and claim that conservatives are racists....

since I have "Oatmeal" blocked as someone whose posts I choose not to read--and the person's comments are responding to that post--mine might be a little off target-
but I just hate to see posts that are either/or--100% in a specific direction for something that can't be quantified---
I was taught that is faulty logic...

Good for you, your entitled to your opinion , as am I. I get so tired of the left, being against American values, and then go to other countries and complain about America. I also am tired of liberals, yes LIBERALS as a whole, trying to change our Constitution to fit their wants. Are Conservatives guilty of this? Yes, at times. Instead of worrying about illegal aliens rights, why not focus on AMERICAN CITIZEN RIGHTS? As far as being closed minded, why "block" anyone on this fourm? I don't, nor will I ever "block" anyone from their opinion. That is akin to censorship which I am against. Read what you want and who you want, it's your choice, or should that be taken away too in your opinion???

Old 06-29-2010, 08:21 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I never said that I thought people thought of me as an "uppity negress" because I felt they didn't agree with me. That would be ludicrous. I was making a reference to a nickname at my job. Why would I go around and say this if it hadn't been said before? I see reading comprehension is lost on you.
Oh really.Then why did you post this?

"BTW, to the rest of the readers, this convo I had with that poster is a prime example of how a lot of people in the DFW Area can't stand it when a black person dares to address them without being a groveling house slave patsy kissing their ass. You'll be condescended to and regarded as being a "nitwit" or "uppity" and not knowing your "place." Being the "uppity negress" that I am, I'm used to it. "

Quote:
I did apologize and delete the comment. Get over it and get over yourself. And it's supremacist. Is that how they teach you to spell in school?
Yes,you deleted the comment.But that you even posted it to begin with shows what runs through your mind when people dare to disagree with you.And I am over it.Didn't bother me to begin with,since I know it not to be true,and you knew that it was baseless and so you deleted it.It just happens to be a convenient example of your mindset.

And I knew it looked wrong when I typed it,but was on the way out to the office and didn't double check the spelling.I don't have as much experience as you in using the term obviously.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Good for you, your entitled to your opinion , as am I. I get so tired of the left, being against American values, and then go to other countries and complain about America. I also am tired of liberals, yes LIBERALS as a whole, trying to change our Constitution to fit their wants. Are Conservatives guilty of this? Yes, at times. Instead of worrying about illegal aliens rights, why not focus on AMERICAN CITIZEN RIGHTS? As far as being closed minded, why "block" anyone on this fourm? I don't, nor will I ever "block" anyone from their opinion. That is akin to censorship which I am against. Read what you want and who you want, it's your choice, or should that be taken away too in your opinion???
Censorship would be if Loves2read blocked other posters from reading posts from a certain poster. Nobody is expected to read every single post on every subject are they? Of course not.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:29 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
this is getting way beyond what my original post would be
think it needs to be closed thread...

Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Censorship would be if Loves2read blocked other posters from reading posts from a certain poster. Nobody is expected to read every single post on every subject are they? Of course not.

Did not know my response was directed at you, but I see now that it was. As someone who is against censorship, and has fought hard with my local and state reps on this issue, I find it amusing that someone would "block" another person's opinion, especially here on this forum. I myself, look forward to reading other people's opinion's and agreeing or disagreeing with them. There are many with whom I disagree with, but have read their works and even rep'd them when they say something that is factual and sometimes funnny, even if I disagree with them. Since Loves2Read made it a point to paint myself as someone closed minded, I responded to it.....nothing more, nothing less

Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 AM

965 posts, read 1,886,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Oh really.Then why did you post this?

"BTW, to the rest of the readers, this convo I had with that poster is a prime example of how a lot of people in the DFW Area can't stand it when a black person dares to address them without being a groveling house slave patsy kissing their ass. You'll be condescended to and regarded as being a "nitwit" or "uppity" and not knowing your "place." Being the "uppity negress" that I am, I'm used to it. "
It was a reference within an anecdote, nothing more, nothing less. I still stand by what I say in the manner in which you chose to speak to me.

Quote:
Yes,you deleted the comment.But that you even posted it to begin with shows what runs through your mind when people dare to disagree with you.And I am over it.Didn't bother me to begin with,since I know it not to be true,and you knew that it was baseless and so you deleted it.It just happens to be a convenient example of your mindset.

And I knew it looked wrong when I typed it,but was on the way out to the office and didn't double check the spelling.I don't have as much experience as you in using the term obviously.
You know nothing about me. Nice attempt at an armchair analysis though I did admit it was baseless and mean on my part, and I admit that I said some rude things that shouldn't have been said. Now stop riding me about it and move on, get a life and get laid. So nice to see that I'm thought of so much, even when I'm not around.

Since I'm on vacation, I must go back to the pool and sip mimosas while others ogle my beauty. Ta-ta for now!

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 06-29-2010 at 09:04 AM..

Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
It was a reference within an anecdote, nothing more, nothing less. I still stand by what I say in the manner in which you chose to speak to me.

You know nothing about me. Nice attempt at an armchair analysis though I did admit it was baseless and mean on my part, and I admit that I said some rude things that shouldn't have been said. Now stop riding me about it and move on, get a life and get laid. So nice to see that I'm thought of so much, even when I'm not around.

Since I'm on vacation, I must go back to the pool and sip mimosas while others ogle my beauty. Ta-ta for now!
I don't need to know about you.You though,seem to have no problems with guessing at the sex lives of others.Again,just true to your form.I am capable though of judging certain things from what you post,just like your insults here.Your character,or lack of it,shows through every time you post.Others here have you blocked,which also tells me something about your style.If you don't want to be ridden about what you post,then grow up and quit whining about racism every time you get mad at someone.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Did not know my response was directed at you, but I see now that it was. As someone who is against censorship, and has fought hard with my local and state reps on this issue, I find it amusing that someone would "block" another person's opinion, especially here on this forum. I myself, look forward to reading other people's opinion's and agreeing or disagreeing with them. There are many with whom I disagree with, but have read their works and even rep'd them when they say something that is factual and sometimes funnny, even if I disagree with them. Since Loves2Read made it a point to paint myself as someone closed minded, I responded to it.....nothing more, nothing less
You mentioned censorship and I commented on it, nothing more, nothing less. I guess you and I simply disagree on what constitutes censorship. Blocking a certain poster only for myself so that I don't have to read them because they irritate me or I think they're a troll isn't censorship, IMO.

Good for you for fighting what I'm sure we would both agree on is censorship, I'm with you there.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 AM

216 posts, read 716,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Very true.In another thread a woman asked about specific good/bad suburbs,so I gave CD statistics on crime rates,and TEA statistics on school districts.For this I was told I was racist,even though I never mentioned race.Guess who the people equating crime and low performing schools with race were?Yep,the ones calling me racist.The ones that,when someone says "I want to live in an area with low crime and good schools",respond with "well,that's just because you're racist and don't want to live around blacks and Hispanics".
I posted crime stats from multiple sources (not just CD) and TEA stats that refuted your stats....but thats another discussion.

I also posted stats on the Plano school district from the DMN that suggested white flight (therefore some racial bias) and I must admit, I was disapointed when you did not respond.

I also explicitly stated that I did not think you were racist...though I am really curious how you would explain what's going on in Plano as suggested by the DMN article

Last edited by southern living; 06-29-2010 at 09:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas