Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 AM

156 posts, read 331,401 times

Advertisements

I did a search and didn't find anything, but I can't believe nobody has asked this before. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable, preferably licensed and insured, roofing repair company? We lost some shingles last night, and I want to try to get an estimate today. I am in the Carrollton area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
If you don't get a good answer, look in the Yellow Pages for companies near you. Look for ads that have "licensed, bonded" in them and look for the BBB seal. Then call the BBB and check out the companies you are considering.

Actually, even if someone gives you a rec, do the above on the company anyway.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:46 AM

41 posts, read 247,552 times
I'm in the same boat as you. I live in Flower Mound and had a chunk of my roof ripped off last night. At this point, I have just called a bunch of roofers and my insurance company. I am finding that a lot of roofers are booked, so I would suggest calling like 5 places, get quotes from all of them, and then you can pick one.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:18 AM

156 posts, read 331,401 times
Thanks for all the info. For future reference, we ended up going with Bestway Roofing since they were the only ones willing the come out the same day. They were quick and very professional and competitively priced.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:32 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,600,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaaries View Post
I did a search and didn't find anything, but I can't believe nobody has asked this before. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable, preferably licensed and insured, roofing repair company? We lost some shingles last night, and I want to try to get an estimate today. I am in the Carrollton area. Thanks!
Join www.angieslist.com. For local companies that have been referred and scored by the consumers

Old 06-18-2010, 09:54 AM

81 posts, read 229,917 times
Bumping for more reviews.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:41 PM

13 posts, read 62,206 times
I would never hire someone who works on the side as it results in no labor warranty and poor integrity of a worker. Also, it is illegal to profit from an insurance claim as the homeowner. If you recieved a "first check" and upon completion you did not have to pay the full amount, the insurance will only pay you what it cost you from a licensed company invoice. Making money from an insurance claim is fraud. Someone with good work ethics should be paid full market value of the job, which is what the insurance itemized prices reflect. I know salesmen are eager, but if they focus their effort into getting leads for their licensed company, their production would sky-rocket and pockets would be full. The companies you work for have likely invested in you. If you do not have leads or work, work for another company who will give you a draw based on your production and use your time wisely to gain sales.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:30 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,466,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxgirl10 View Post
I would never hire someone who works on the side as it results in no labor warranty and poor integrity of a worker.
You have no idea what your talking about. Most of the guys doing the side work work for large companies as their normal job so your paying a lot less for the same quality work a large company would charge. "Official" companies go out of business left and right leaving peoples "warranties" useless. This happens frequently in the construction business and I see it all the time. I have been in the roofing business for 15 years so Im pretty sure I know what Im talking about.

And in Texas there is no such thing as a roofing license. All you need is insurance. Its VERY cheap and easy to run a roofing company in Texas. Other states are much more strict.

Last edited by DaveG99; 07-04-2010 at 05:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas