Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:06 PM

46 posts, read 173,871 times

Advertisements

I appreciate tips and responses so far.
Can people fill me in on Euless? It looks very close to where my husband would be working and it looks like they are building some new homes. We may go the private school route but still want a nice, safe area close to shopping, dining etc....

I cannot wait to check out the DFW area soon in person!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 05:22 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggs View Post
I appreciate tips and responses so far.
Can people fill me in on Euless? It looks very close to where my husband would be working and it looks like they are building some new homes. We may go the private school route but still want a nice, safe area close to shopping, dining etc....

I cannot wait to check out the DFW area soon in person!!!
Euless is a very nice area and being due west of the airport has no airline traffic. The average home there is probably in the $140-200k price range and it's a little more blue collar than Bedford.

That area is called the Mid-Cities and is made up of about 6-7 small cities.. I would look at all the areas north of Hwy 183 in your price range of homes. South of Hwy 183 is more industrial and older.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Euless is more blue-collar than Grapevine. City services aren't nearly as good as Grapevine, and since Euless doesn't get $ from DFW Airport, property taxes are higher. There are also many less shopping and dining options there. The biggest shopping areas are in Southlake Town Square, and most dining is along 121 and 114. If you're willing to live in a house that isn't brand-new, there are plenty in your price range in Grapevine. Again, look in the SW part by Parr Park and Hall-Johnson Rd. Your realtor will know where to show you.

IMHO, there's no need to do private schools anywhere in NE Tarrant County. All of the public schools are very highly rated. Plus, privates are usually $10k and up per child, per year. Ouch. The only private schools in the area are Faith Christian, Covenant Christian, and the Catholic school on 121 (Good Shepherd?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas