Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northlakemetro View Post
How has the abortion policy in Texas changed under Rick Perry (compared to Ann Richards) or a democrat? I don't think Perry has taken a moral stand on anything. Houston and Dallas are full of adult oriented businesses. Has Perry stepped in and controlled the number of them on interstate highways and cleaned up the streets? NO he has not. How about illegal immigration? He has done nothing during the last decade.
Regarding any other issues, as I said, protecting the unborn is what is of foremost concern to me. That trumps other issues with me. Specifically, Perry has made his strong pro-life stance very clear, and it would appear Bill White, the opposite (which is why Planned Parenthood supports White.)

Specifically, Perry has signed into law parental consent and parental notification laws insuring that parents are able to be involved in their minor daughters' decisions regarding abortion. He also signed a ban insuring that our tax dollars are not used to support abortion facilities. In every way possible, I believe Perry has tried to make a difference in creating a pro-life climate/culture in Texas. This is what I personally want our governor to do. Even if he had done nothing legislatively regarding this issue, I would still support a pro-life governor over someone who was not because we don't know what legislation or situations which might be coming down the pike on which a governor could influence on this issue. I want a governor who will hold the line best he can in protecting the unborn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
How has the abortion policy in Texas changed under Rick Perry (compared to Ann Richards) or a democrat? I don't think Perry has taken a moral stand on anything. Houston and Dallas are full of adult oriented businesses. Has Perry stepped in and controlled the number of them on interstate highways and cleaned up the streets? NO he has not. How about illegal immigration? He has done nothing during the last decade.
Yep. But he has been good enough to try and mandate that our underaged girls be forced to have vaccinations for a sexually transmitted disease. My opinion, I really don't think he cares about abortion one way or the other, it's just a talking point and a way to get votes.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:21 AM

443 posts, read 1,567,029 times
Quote:
I thought the illegal immigration comment was silly as well. Check Texas' demographic stats now versus 10 years ago, whose pro immigration now? W was president, Perry was governor during that time period. They just talk the talk to get people to vote for them. All we get in return is a bankrupt highway department and a bunch of toll roads.

On another note, all of you anti tax people do realize that it takes taxes to pay for our services right. Whose supposed to build highways, schools etc? I personally don't mind paying to support the civic good. Yes there may be waste, but you name me a corporation where there isn't waste. Some how you expect the government to be better? It's just an excuse not to pay your fair share to keep the nation running.

And yes, I'm in a higher bracket with no deductions so I am definately affected by tax rates before that line of questioning comes up.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:32 AM

164 posts, read 502,289 times
Bill White actually cut property taxes in Houston. I don't think he will raise taxes so it is a nonissue. With so many corporations headquartered in Texas and the revenue from businesses, we should have lower property taxes for homeowners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: