Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:05 PM

8 posts, read 14,086 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting Dallas for 3 days sometimes next weekend. Are there anythings to do in Dallas? Ie dinning, site seeing, clubbing, or activities to take a date with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,681,579 times
There is a mass amount of things to do.Dallas and the dfw metroplex has grown rapidly in the past decade.There is so much to do and see.Just a few suggestions ( depending on what you like to do of course )....

- Dallas Arboretum
- Downtown Dallas...sightseeing, JFK stuff,farmers market,museum
- Uptown Dallas... Katy Trail,Primos for Dinner,Frankies on a game day,west village
- White Rock Lake in east Dallas...Scenic ,large dog park
- Northpark Mall
- The bar at The W hotel
- The State and Allen bars in uptown
- Bars on Mc kinney Ave in uptown
- Ride the trolley in uptown

Suburb / Fort Worth stuff...

- Highland Park Village...Great for high end shopping,Mi cocina for dinner
- Village at Fairview...Gold class Cinema would be a great place tp take a date,look at their website for info.Splitsville bowling
- Gaylord Texan...resort and convention center in Grapevine.Some people go there for the 1st time just to walk around...pretty cool inside
- Southlake Town Square...outdoor shopping area
- Downtown Fort Worth
- Joe T Garcia's Fort Worth...Great for Dinner

Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,309,749 times
Many threads on this already or check D Magazine online for concerts and other events that may be going on while you are here.

Best location to stay is in Uptown. Hotels range from moderate to expensive.

The Dallas Museum of Art has a fabulous fashion exhibit right now- Jean Paul Gaultier. That plus a trip to the flagship Neiman's downtown should impress a date!!

If the wearher's nice, walk along Uptown's Katy Trail, walk around the Knox Henderson neighborhood, visit White Rock Lake, or check out the Nasher Sculpture Garden & Museuk downtown.

Knox-Henderson has a lot of great fun restaurants and bars. Eat dinner at The Porch or Victor Tango's and hit Barcadia or The Old Monk for beers or head to the Slip Inn for late night dancing. Lunch at Sammy's BBQ in Uptown if you can. If a great Texas steak is in your budget, try Bob's or Nick & Sam's, both in Uptown. Good scene and can't beat the steaks. Get brunch along McKinney Ave, the main bar drag, at Sfuzzi, Primo's or Breadwinner's. Pick pretty much any bar in that stretch for good nighlife.

Last edited by TurtleCreek80; 01-04-2012 at 08:37 PM..

Old 01-04-2012, 08:33 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,694,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoiey View Post
I'm visiting Dallas for 3 days sometimes next weekend. Are there anythings to do in Dallas? Ie dinning, site seeing, clubbing, or activities to take a date with?

Nope, not a thing to do......

Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,173,374 times
Something that is unique to Dallas is the Sixth Floor Museum at the site where JFK was assassinated.

Home | The Sixth Floor Museum

For some cowboy culture, if you're here between Jan. 13-Feb. 4, go to the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo, and also the Stockyards which is open all year long.

Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo

Fort Worth Stockyards

While in the Stockyards, maybe a catch a show at Billy Bob's which bills itself as the world's largest honky tonk

Billy Bob's Texas - The World's Largest Honky Tonk

Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM

350 posts, read 868,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Eat dinner at The Porch or Victor Tango's and hit Barcadia or The Old Monk for beers or head to the Slip Inn for late night dancing.
This.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 PM

24 posts, read 117,628 times
Only 3 days? Fort Worth Stockyard; Fort Worth Zoo; Gaylord Texan Resort; Outlet shopping (Grapevine or Allen); Dallas Arboretum; Cowboy statium in Arlington...

After 3 days?

Old 01-05-2012, 07:02 PM

8 posts, read 14,086 times
LOL... Thanks y'all!

Hopefully, next year I'll get to relocate to either Dallas or Houston depending on my future job offer

Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
or head to the Slip Inn for late night dancing.
What kind of crowd goes to the Slip Inn? I've heard mix comments.

Do you know if there are more places to dance in the area?

Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,309,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
What kind of crowd goes to the Slip Inn? I've heard mix comments.

Do you know if there are more places to dance in the area?
It's a mixed crowd- some Uptown /Park Cities preppy types, some Hispanics from the neighborhood, some blacks. The best thing about it is that once you're in there, the music is good, and everyone's dancing with everyone. It,s one of the few bars/ clubs I've been to in Dallas where everyone hangs out with everyone, not the little clique-y group you came with or other people of your own race who are there.

If you come with a group of Uptown-y looking girls, expect for the Hispanic or black guys to just dance their way into your grouo's circle or to pull you out of your group for a song. It's all in fun, but i'm sure it can be misconstrued as "sketchy" since most of Dallas nightlife doesn't operate that way. I went there fairly often (once a month or a bit less) for about a decade until I met hubby who doesn't dance

I don't really like to dance at most places, just the slip inn! There are a couple of places in uptown with smaller dance floors that get crowded, and also some clubs downtown that I've never been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas