Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:57 PM

138 posts, read 569,907 times

Advertisements

I lived 11 years in Wylie Texas, and I'd like to warn all to not move there. I worked at Sanden most of those years (great place to work by the way) and except for my job, Wylie was the worst nightmare I could have ever imagined. The worst experience was having my landlady call me up at work because, as she put it, "your daughter is talking to a colored boy at the gas station" I was like, "ohmygosh what are they doing what are you calling me at work!!" thinking armed robbery or something horrible! and she was like "talking" I said "talking and what!!" and she said "just talking, you don't want your baby girl talking to a colored boy do you?" WHAT??? Then another time a black engineer (he was from Kenya) from Sanden stopped by to get a key to part of the plant that I had, he ran up the stairs, got the key, and back down the stairs, to return to the plant (it was 2nd shift at night) the landlady came pounding on my door and said she knew what was going on when colored men come and go like that and if she ever sees that man again I am evicted! You have no human rights in Texas like you have in California, that is it, a landlady can put you on the street homeless and you have no defense, and that is that! You say, that is one nutcase apartment manager? think again... I was going to First Baptist Sache, and it was announced in my Sunday School class that a mother needed prayer because her daughter wanted to date a colored boy in college. I was like jaw dropping "what?" and they all let me know that the Good Book says white folks need to come out and be separate from the coloreds. I couldn't beleive they still used the term "coloreds" we had scolded Grandma for saying that term in the 70s! I couldn't believe a CHURCH was talking such nonsense about scripture! The KKK is alive and well in Wylie Texas, and unless you are a part of that mindset - you do not want to bulid real estate and move your family there!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2tracy View Post
I lived 11 years in Wylie Texas, and I'd like to warn all to not move there. I worked at Sanden most of those years (great place to work by the way) and except for my job, Wylie was the worst nightmare I could have ever imagined. The worst experience was having my landlady call me up at work because, as she put it, "your daughter is talking to a colored boy at the gas station" I was like, "ohmygosh what are they doing what are you calling me at work!!" thinking armed robbery or something horrible! and she was like "talking" I said "talking and what!!" and she said "just talking, you don't want your baby girl talking to a colored boy do you?" WHAT??? Then another time a black engineer (he was from Kenya) from Sanden stopped by to get a key to part of the plant that I had, he ran up the stairs, got the key, and back down the stairs, to return to the plant (it was 2nd shift at night) the landlady came pounding on my door and said she knew what was going on when colored men come and go like that and if she ever sees that man again I am evicted! You have no human rights in Texas like you have in California, that is it, a landlady can put you on the street homeless and you have no defense, and that is that! You say, that is one nutcase apartment manager? think again... I was going to First Baptist Sache, and it was announced in my Sunday School class that a mother needed prayer because her daughter wanted to date a colored boy in college. I was like jaw dropping "what?" and they all let me know that the Good Book says white folks need to come out and be separate from the coloreds. I couldn't beleive they still used the term "coloreds" we had scolded Grandma for saying that term in the 70s! I couldn't believe a CHURCH was talking such nonsense about scripture! The KKK is alive and well in Wylie Texas, and unless you are a part of that mindset - you do not want to bulid real estate and move your family there!

Also, watch out for the PD - a good friend of mine was leaving Sanden, good family man, hispanic, driving an old car because he let his wife have the newer mini-van for the kids. PD pulled him over as he left Sanden, slammed him down on the pavement on 544, and then because there were no drugs and nothing on him, even though he was *GASP* hsipanic.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 AM

588 posts, read 1,792,697 times
So you base staying away from a whole town on the account of one land lady and one church. Ummm, ok. Then you quote yourself in your own post to then slam the Police. You sound like you will fit in better with the CA crowd by the sound of your rant. Enjoy living in a State that is broke and headed to social and financial disasters in the near future.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:39 AM

871 posts, read 2,679,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving2tracy View Post
Sorry to hear you didn't like Wylie. Even most Wylie "haters" here wouldn't go as far as you did. I'm not white (but married to a white woman) and I live in Wylie and have had no problems whatsoever.

Good luck with your new life in Tracy, CA. I was born and raised in the Bay Area and went to college in Stockton (for those of you who don't know, Stockton is a nearby city to Tracy) and I know Tracy very well. Hopefully you like Tracy more than you liked Wylie.

P.S. The KKK's Northern CA branch meets in Tracy.
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t419425/

Have yet to find any information of KKK meetings in Wylie (or anywhere near).

Old 07-11-2010, 07:51 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,207,435 times
Punctuation is your friend.

Say hi to MC Hammer for me. He lives in Tracy.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,578,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
so you base staying away from a whole town on the account of one land lady and one church. Ummm, ok. Then you quote yourself in your own post to then slam the police. You sound like you will fit in better with the ca crowd by the sound of your rant. Enjoy living in a state that is broke and headed to social and financial disasters in the near future.
+1

Old 07-11-2010, 10:38 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,176,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofcjim40 View Post
So you base staying away from a whole town on the account of one land lady and one church. Ummm, ok. Then you quote yourself in your own post to then slam the Police. You sound like you will fit in better with the CA crowd by the sound of your rant. Enjoy living in a State that is broke and headed to social and financial disasters in the near future.
Funny... going from Texas to Taxes...

Old 07-11-2010, 03:24 PM

Ahhh.... I am happy to pay taxes after all I work for the government, who pays my salary? the taxpayer... God forbid you should ever need any kind of social services in Texas, you would be living on the street! I didn't slam all of Wylie, I said Sanden was a great place to work, though most of the Sanden employees wouldn't be caught dead living in Wylie. When I worked for Sanden (1994 to 2001) there were over 1,000 employees there, of all nationalities and races and walks of life. But they knew better than to hang around Wylie when the went down if they were "colored". Government, school, churches, they are all pretty much racist, and I would say that is the backbone of a City, not an isolated person or incident. In California the cities subsidize mediators and they will fight for you in court against unfair housing, not so in Texas, you are out on the street on you bum-bum. If you like Wylie live there, I just wish someone had warned me before I moved there.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 PM

Wylie Texas is known as a "sundown town" and anyone that denies it is trippin!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:49 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,505,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy97 View Post
Sorry to hear you didn't like Wylie. Even most Wylie "haters" here wouldn't go as far as you did. I'm not white (but married to a white woman) and I live in Wylie and have had no problems whatsoever.

Good luck with your new life in Tracy, CA. I was born and raised in the Bay Area and went to college in Stockton (for those of you who don't know, Stockton is a nearby city to Tracy) and I know Tracy very well. Hopefully you like Tracy more than you liked Wylie.

P.S. The KKK's Northern CA branch meets in Tracy.
Northern California Klan meeting! - Stormfront

Have yet to find any information of KKK meetings in Wylie (or anywhere near).
LOL!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas