Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 PM

101 posts, read 289,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Northeast Ohio was the only place he'd ever called home; you're right, moving on was probably harder than he led on to the public. But, I think the way the media played up his allegiance to Cleveland was overblown. He's from Akron.

Don't be sad about moving to Dallas. Go there with an open mind and a friendly demeanor and you'll be OK. If things don't work out, chalk it up as a new experience and move on. From reading your posts, you come across as a very outgoing and intelligent individual. You should do well in Texas.

Best wishes and have a safe move.
Thanks Scout_972. You are right they did overdue his move. It was sad he left but I understand why he left. He has a job, just like we do and when we see a better job come along we take it, usually for more money, but in this case you get my drift...

I am definitely trying to keep an open mind. I am very friendly so I look forward to meeting some nice people in Dallas, especially in my new neighborhood. Thanks again Scout_972. You guys are really making me feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 PM

101 posts, read 289,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Dallas > cleveland. You wont miss it one bit come winter.
RIGHT!!! Windchills with negative temps, I won't miss. THATS THE TRUTH RIGHT!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylaY12345 View Post
We just got back to Cleveland Sunday to pack up to leave but so far I like it very much. I love the big city life. It also was exciting to walk into a restaurant on Monday early evening and still see people enjoying a meal. The restaurant wasn't deserted!! That makes me happy. I have been stuck in the traffic for a week in Dallas and it's ok. I am going to be working downtown at Energy Plaza so we will see how it goes with the traffic. But once again I am happy to see traffic. Not to bash on my hometown because it will always be special to me but in Cleveland when I was 18 all the way through 24 traffic used to be terrible. I am now 28 and you can get to downtown in a breeze with no traffic doing rush hour. Its horrible. So for all of you in Dallas who complain about traffic, I will just say traffic means jobs, and a livelihood so just enjoy it for what it's worth.
Are you going to live in Dallas or the suburbs?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:
It gets cold in Dallas. Temps can range from the 30s to the 20s in the daytime and from the 20s to the teens in the nighttime.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,694 times
Same story my parents had wen they left Pittsburgh for Dallas 30 years ago. Dying rust belt cities with no jobs, and now almost no people. It's a brave choice you have made. After living in Dallas all my 29 years I can't imagine uprooting myself to a strange place where I don't know a soul.

The heat is pretty oppressive even for us natives, however the trade off is that it almost never snows here. No shoveling the walk and the driveway, no bitter cold, no not seeing the ground for months on end.

Driving I would say is one of the other biggest differences not just because of the congestion, but the highways here are massive.

Ohio has to just about be the theme park capital or the USA, all we have here is six flags, but we have tons and tons of other stuff to do. Have fun and welcome to Dallas, drive around and explore the city all the best things are off the beaten path.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 AM

990 posts, read 2,302,558 times
You can always listen to Bad Radio on 1310AM. The two hosts are Cleveland natives and often crack jokes about it.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:49 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,462,167 times
I moved to Dallas in 2006 without knowing anyone. The first week or two was really tough. I used to question my reasoning on moving here all the time. But once I started working and meeting people everything was great.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:17 AM

28 posts, read 71,916 times
If you found something to love in Cleveland you will do the same in Dallas

Hastily made cleveland tourism video

YouTube - HASTILY MADE CLEVELAND TOURISM VIDEO

2nd attemp

YouTube - Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video: 2nd Attempt

Old 07-21-2010, 07:42 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
"Cleveland. At least it's not Detroit" Those were great! I started to watch the Detroit ghetto video that's found on the same page as the second Cleveland video but had to turn it off as it was creeping me out.
Kyla, you'll be fine here. Welcome to Texas!

Old 07-21-2010, 07:43 AM

31 posts, read 79,327 times
Quote:
Weeeeeeeeeellllllll... I'm not sure how hot Cleveland, OH gets, but come summer, if it's cooler than Dallas, you'll DEFINITELY miss Cleveland.

I'm a transplant from Long Beach, CA. Living in Texas has had me absolutely LOATHE summers.

Welcome to Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas