Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 02:08 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,296 times

Advertisements

http://www.pisd.edu/feeder.realignment.committee/December_2009_Board_Feeder_Approved.pdf (broken link)
This is the final version of the revised boundaries of the PISD feeder schools. Page 19 of the link has a good overview map.

Parts of Sun Creek actually ended up being rerouted to Plano Senior High rather than Plano East. Carpenter and Hendricks will feed into Clark which will go to Plano Senior (Plano Central, but it's not called that). Beverly, Rasor, Hedgcoxe elementary schools go to Hendricks. Christie, Harrington, Thomas elementary schools go to Carpenter. The southwestern section of Suncreek (northwest of Alma and Hedgcoxe) goes to Beverly. Eastern section (East of Alma) goes to Rasor. Northern section of Suncreek (Southwest of Alma and McDermott) go to Allen ISD. I think this is all accurate.

Last edited by tyanger; 07-22-2010 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 02:16 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,617 times
thanks Ryan, super helpful? Are you a realtor? Irish and from Texas huh? Didn't think the Irish ventured that far out of Boston when they came over.

I am Italian, grew up in the Boston area all my life around lots of Irish, some straight from the old country. Great folks. Boston used to be alot more provincial than it is now, you could have drawn a line down the middle one side Irish the other Italian. Those were the days..All gone now.

I realized after the fact using Google earth that those houses I showed in murphy ALL back to another house. Not something that appeals to me, unless there are planted evergreens, which I don't see much of down there.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:32 PM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Good clarification.

Complicated isn't it? Sun Creek is a *nice* neighborhood but those boundaries are confusing.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Good clarification.

Complicated isn't it? Sun Creek is a *nice* neighborhood but those boundaries are confusing.
yes, you definitely need to sharpen your pencil..I am in the process of creating an xls. model to sort all this information for me. Its nuts!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:46 PM

225 posts, read 518,981 times
Haha-ya, I can thank my Grandfather for being a Texan. They migrated down here in 1961. I'm told that our family is related to William Wallace as well, crazy huh? Eh, probably most of the Irish are to some degree at this point!

In reply to the Murphy listings. You'll find most of the houses back up to other homes, not just in Murphy, but in most of the suburbs here. Your best bet would be to search for homes along a golf course or greenbelt in the cities you are looking. I would recommend searching out homes that are bigger than zero lot size. Feel free to Direct Message me if you need more specific help.

Here is one that backs up to a preserve in Allen that you might like to take a look at.

514 Rainforest Ln.
Allen, TX 75013 (Twin Creeks)

Old 07-22-2010, 03:00 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,296 times
Here's another one a little to the south of the one above - totally not West Plano though. Heh heh, this is kinda fun shopping for a house on someone else's dime.

Allen - PISD (PSHS) - smallish lot - pool - front entry garage

Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM

225 posts, read 518,981 times
lol-you get points for that!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Kirkpatrick View Post
Haha-ya, I can thank my Grandfather for being a Texan. They migrated down here in 1961. I'm told that our family is related to William Wallace as well, crazy huh? Eh, probably most of the Irish are to some degree at this point!

In reply to the Murphy listings. You'll find most of the houses back up to other homes, not just in Murphy, but in most of the suburbs here. Your best bet would be to search for homes along a golf course or greenbelt in the cities you are looking. I would recommend searching out homes that are bigger than zero lot size. Feel free to Direct Message me if you need more specific help.

Here is one that backs up to a preserve in Allen that you might like to take a look at.

514 Rainforest Ln.
Allen, TX 75013 (Twin Creeks)
That backyard is heavenly..Thats what we're shootin for.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:50 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post

My wife and I are particularly sensitive to how desirable the community is because where we live now has proven not to be a very good investment. Watched it deteriorate over the past 6 years and we don't have the patience to wait what would be many years to see it rebound. So we definitely DO NOT want to end up in a similar situation if we move to Dallas, which could happen since we aren't from there.
I would STRONGLY suggest you rent for 1 year so you can become familiar with the different neighborhoods & suburbs you are interested in- especially if you will not have the luxury to make several visits before moving. If you are most interested in West Plano, start there, but have the peace of mind to know that you can leave after a year if it's not for you.

The most important rules in Real Estate have lived on during & after the downturn- Location, Location, Location. West Plano and Central Plano have proved they have staying power over the past 30 years or so. The area is well-maintained, schools are good, any anything close to the Tollroad is desirable as that is the quickest route to downtown.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 PM

501 posts, read 1,463,229 times
As far as being locked in gridlock leaving Stars games I probably go to about 10 games a season and I can't remember once being locked in grid lock going down the DNT home, I live at Springcreek and the Tollway. Typically takes me 25 minutes or so to get home from and evening Stars game. I get to Love Field in 15 minutes or so, and DFW in 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!! One of our friends lives in Murphy and works at Love Field. His commute is 45 minutes. I live literally 3 miles from the Murphy city limits and go downtown regularly, to the AAC (Stars Season Ticket Holder), I visit the restuarants all over the metroplex including in Dallas, the airport often, etc and it is NOT that bad at all. As a matter of fact after hockey games we are probably home a LOT sooner than those that are trying to get on the Dallas North Tollway as they are all jammed up trying to go that way. We bypass them all stuck in gridlock and am home in 20-25 minutes. The drive from tihs part of town over to 75 is NOT that bad, lol.

I guess you have not read many of the posts by some of the West Plano cheerleaders. There are PLENTY of people that go around maybe not saying it aloud (but plenty on here do) and PLENTY that think it. Say "East Plano" and they literally look down their noses at you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas