Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:00 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times

Advertisements

>> This report happened last year in McKinney somewhere off Virginia Parkway:

Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | McKinney News<< (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/collin/mckinney/stories/032406dnmetpotroom.57de01d0.html - broken link)

What's sad is that nothing surprises me anymore. A few years ago, possibly, but now .. nope.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:47 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,428,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf5driver View Post
>> This report happened last year in McKinney somewhere off Virginia Parkway:

Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | McKinney News<< (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/collin/mckinney/stories/032406dnmetpotroom.57de01d0.html - broken link)

What's sad is that nothing surprises me anymore. A few years ago, possibly, but now .. nope.
Margaret Drive is about 8 miles east of Stonebridge.

That dude looks more like a serial killer than someone 'gardening' reefer in his suburban home.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
Meaghan Bosch was from McKinney, and according to the implied comments she was fine until she started attending SMU in University Park and finally met a drug dealer in a Knox St restaurant. Should we also boycott University Park and Knox St?

I also went to SMU so I'm not blaming either entity. What I'm pointing out is that the suburbs are not always the panacea for problems as they are often presented in this forum.

For instance there was a gang fight in a McKinney High School cafeteria last year and just recently (not sure if it was the same high school) a bunch of thugs from the school broke in, vandalized and stole property worth thousands and thousands of dollars. And I think there was a multiple murder possibly related to drugs involving McKinney high school students three years ago which was never solved.

If anything like this happened in Dallas, there would be no shortage of 'see there' clucks in the suburbs.

Last edited by Lakewooder; 06-26-2007 at 04:34 PM..

Old 06-26-2007, 04:19 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
If you want to know where they are being sold I can always ask my sis that teaches up there. She got tired of teaching in the middle school after nothng was ever done about the fights, kids smoking pot in the bathrooms, dresscodes blatantly broken, total disregard for teachers by students AND parents (sure all those parents just love the schools when they get their way ), administrators allowed to do whatever they want (the cheerleader thing was just the tip of the iceberg) and then on Monday mornings hearing all about the parties that went on over the weekend. I'm sorry but what parent in their right mind drives their 12,13,14 year old across town to some "party" and just drops them off for the weekend or night? Granted I blame the parents for most of this and the rest just suffers but it is not good. Seriously, they do this and don't think twice about it. Don't know if the parents are even there and who the parents are. And LEAVE their child??????? She got to hear all about the girl/girl sex, drugs, drinking, etc that went on. and just REALLY sad. Not saying that this does not ever happen anywhere else but I just know that it does happen there.

As for those suburban drug dealers. HECK YA THE BURBS ARE THE BEST FOR THEM!!! DUH! Where else can they live and not have a real 9-5 job and no one wonders why not? Have fancy cars, houses, vacations, etc and no one blinks an eye because everyone else does too. Just look at that guy several years ago that was busted that had a nice house in Starwood in Frisco. Heck I even had one close by me. Guy found out he could make more money I guess doing drugs than running a legit business. LOL!!! No sales tax to collect and pay. Heck when I was talking to an officer I know well about it back then he asked if we saw any satilites on top of the house as they have had other houses in the metroplex in nice burbs get busted for being "sex houses". They were actually performing the acts in the houses and broadcasting them. Busted one somewhere northwest of here in another burb about 5-6 years ago. To think that your safe no matter where you live because of the zipcode, house price, gated neighborhood (heck that is a GREAT thing for a big time dealer - no drop in customers our those out looking for a take) type of car they drive, etc is only fooling yourself.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,144,713 times
This has gotten completely off topic and is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas