Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 04:41 PM

19,767 posts, read 18,050,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
Dallas is actually pretty safe. And once you get North of 635, most of the crime is car theft or car break ins.

However, back on topic - this is as bad as it gets. Violence in Mexico spilling over into Texas. It has not seen a repeat since.

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...-shooting.html

The chase and machine gun fire then went into downtown Richardson and the Richardson police stopped the pursuit due to the danger to the general public.

This was a game changer for many of the police departments in the suburbs of Dallas. Not only are the police now heavily armed, but the police work very closely with each other and the FBI.

Major sweeps are made on a regular basis and there are active task forces.
That clip is several years old. But your general point is solid.

HA I just noticed your post is years old too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,484,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafikz View Post
Heres what you dont know. Irving "Crooked I" Texas,, is full of gang members but in Irving, theres respect to the citizens, we dont perform random acts of voilence. If you wanna live in Irving,,, Dont ever honk at anyone, Dont be rude, dont snitch or call the cops when u see things happen and everythign will be just fine. Ur totoally safe in Las colinas and Valley ranch, both ares north of and associated with Irving. South/ central Irving has a MAST variety of gangs. Main ones include but not excluded to; Surenos, Northside, MS, And Different Crip and Blood Cliques. Enjoy a fear free life in irving jsut dont mess up or disrespect, cuz in Irving, we get down. Thank you.
Yikes. I'll steer clear of Irving

Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,726,508 times
Quote:
Heres what you dont know. Irving "Crooked I" Texas,, is full of gang members but in Irving, theres respect to the citizens, we dont perform random acts of voilence. If you wanna live in Irving,,, Dont ever honk at anyone, Dont be rude, dont snitch or call the cops when u see things happen and everythign will be just fine. Ur totoally safe in Las colinas and Valley ranch, both ares north of and associated with Irving. South/ central Irving has a MAST variety of gangs. Main ones include but not excluded to; Surenos, Northside, MS, And Different Crip and Blood Cliques. Enjoy a fear free life in irving jsut dont mess up or disrespect, cuz in Irving, we get down. Thank you.
It's easy to scoff at this post, but this is probably pretty accurate.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:36 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
Quote:
Troll? However, since I spend a lot of time in south and central Irving I will keep my eyes wide open!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:18 AM

5,263 posts, read 6,398,312 times
I don't live in Irving but I have friends that do and I go there pretty often. I've personally honked at cars there. Some idiot wasn't paying attention to the stoplight. He waved 'sorry', didn't kill me. Or maybe he did and I'm posting from beyond the grave.

There's also this: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Irving crime statistics report an overall downward trend in crime based on data from 12 years with violent crime decreasing and property crime decreasing. Based on this trend, the crime rate in Irving for 2013 is expected to be lower than in 2010.

The city violent crime rate for Irving in 2010 was lower than the Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed average by 36.48% and the city property crime rate in Irving was higher than the Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowednational property crime rate average by 27.59%.

Iriving also set personal record lows for crime in 2009 and 2010.

Last edited by Yac; 03-22-2013 at 07:16 AM..

Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,677,759 times
I have nooooo trouble renting out properties south of 183 in Irving to professionals who do know to scope the crime rates. Houses are selling very well in the area and I wouldn't hesitate to live in many of the neighborhoods south of 183. In fact, will be soon moving into one of our rental properties in south Irving while my personal home is being renovated.

There is a strong homeschooler movement, lots of private school choices, and even some schools that are have good ratings. All my properties are served by Recognized schools.

"Old Irving" has benefited from the city's focus on demolishing bad apartments, citing homeowners who don't take care of properties, and creating/upgrading public parks and trails.

Wish the school district could get its act together.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:30 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,946,339 times
There is a gang problem in Arlington for sure. Maybe it is just me, but I feel like there have been more murders the past four years in Southwest Arlington (the supposed nice side of Arlington) than ever before. When I was at Martin, a student was stabbed in a fight outside of school. I knew someone that was killed at the 7/11 on Green Oaks and Arkansas. Then knew someone who was shot at but survived near there. Then near the Treepoint apartment area, I knew someone who was shot at (and survived), but the friend he was with was killed. And now this most recent sad situation with the Martin football player being killed by a gang member for "beefin wit da gang". Maybe Arlington PD can get off of the freeways and patrol these streets more. Makes me sad seeing how downhill this area is going. I liked and enjoyed my time there.

Man charged with murder in Arlington Martin student's death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas