Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:10 PM

454 posts, read 1,339,046 times

Advertisements

Really, I had no idea it would be this hard to buy a home. Just as we decided on one I drove a little further past the house and discovered tenements at the end of the street. So, my question is this: I've heard that sellers are drastically slashing prices. Has anyone found this to be true? Is there hope for us to get into an ok neighborhood? OK, don't answer that last question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 08:29 PM

25 posts, read 86,507 times
Default don't give up

where are you looking? Do you have an agent? look up FSBO on the net. There are tons of houses on sale by me, good neighborhoods with good schools in every price range. Look at Wellington in Flower Mound. Also Bridlewood and Lantana. It's not a bad commute via 114 to Dallas and there are plans to build a commuter rail station nearby. That will make resale value go up! Good Luck! TIP: rent a car and drive through the above neighborhoods and you will see places you would like either FSBO or just the selling agent which will give you more flexibility in negotiation.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:34 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
We only have about 4 homes for sale in our neighborhood (of 550 homes). It's hard to get in this 'hood. It's best to get a realtor and have them tell you about homes before the sign goes up.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 AM

257 posts, read 946,074 times
I don't know what area you are looking in, but in case someone is interested in living in West Plano nearby to The Shops at Willow Bend, here is a house I think is an EXCELLENT DEAL:

Moderator cut: see PM

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 06-26-2007 at 06:47 AM..

Old 06-26-2007, 05:11 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
That is a deal, even in the Hills of Prestonwood, which is always discounted from the rest of West Plano due to the Lewisville schools.

That home would have easily sold in the 330s last Summer.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:12 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
there are NO cabinets in the kitchen that I could see--would never work for me

Old 06-26-2007, 06:26 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
Prestonwood also has a strange feel to me. Almost like it's on the fringe of Plano and creeping into Carrollton. The church is also huge there and alot of people that live in PW attend that church - like a built in social clique

Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil View Post
where are you looking? Do you have an agent? look up FSBO on the net. There are tons of houses on sale by me, good neighborhoods with good schools in every price range. Look at Wellington in Flower Mound. Also Bridlewood and Lantana. It's not a bad commute via 114 to Dallas and there are plans to build a commuter rail station nearby. That will make resale value go up! Good Luck! TIP: rent a car and drive through the above neighborhoods and you will see places you would like either FSBO or just the selling agent which will give you more flexibility in negotiation.
I actually live in Dallas but don't know it well, other than the areas where I've lived. Unfortunately, we have to stay relatively close to Baylor so we're primarily looking in east Dallas. And it's getting so frustrating!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
We only have about 4 homes for sale in our neighborhood (of 550 homes). It's hard to get in this 'hood. It's best to get a realtor and have them tell you about homes before the sign goes up.
Our realtor hasn't done that at all. So frustrating!

Old 06-26-2007, 03:41 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
I don't know your price range but there are a few in my area for sale. Not many though. The ones that are good that do go on the market sell fast. Those that are left are the ones that need some updating and/or tlc. Some of them have reduced the price to make up for it but others have not. For the ones that are kept up the sellers are NOT reducing the prices. If you go into the overbuilt areas of the metroplex you will find those reduced prices but not in most. Then those areas would be a hike for you to Baylor. If you don't mind a bit of a farther drive go on out a bit to Richardson and Garland.

If you want to know about some of the houses close by me that have been reduced due to divorce/death/nursing home or such (there are 3-4) that I have personally seen pm me and I'll give you the inside scoop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas