Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times

Advertisements

>Tom Thumb in HP<

I haven't been to that one but I have to the Tom Thumb in UP and stay away from that one! It's very small and limited and there's a lot of moms on cell phones with kids running around. The Kroger on Mockingbird and Greenville is nice but gets very busy and many SMU students (on cell phones as well) shop there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,558,671 times
Quote:
Best bets for groceries in/near uptown are:
Albertson's on McKinney & Lemmon - ok
Whole Foods on Lemmon & Tollroad- great!
Tom Thumb in Highland Park Village- pretty good, but small (does have a good florist though)
Central Market on Greenville & Lovers- great!
No offense...but if you are on a budget, this is a great way to blow your grocery portion--especially Whole Foods and Central Market.

We subscribe to an organic food co-op, get the rest from Newflower on Henderson (cheap and good quality--very close to SMU), and make the occasional run to Wal-Mart or Target for staples (dry goods, etc)

Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 PM

885 posts, read 1,553,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
>Tom Thumb in HP<

I haven't been to that one but I have to the Tom Thumb in UP and stay away from that one! It's very small and limited and there's a lot of moms on cell phones with kids running around. The Kroger on Mockingbird and Greenville is nice but gets very busy and many SMU students (on cell phones as well) shop there.
I am wondering if you're anti-cell phones or just anti-women.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:05 AM

686 posts, read 2,436,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
>>Wal-Mart/ Sam's combo in the chain. Sam's will be on the 2nd floor. <<

Does anyone know if the Sam's at Park/Greenville will stay open or close when the Sam's Skillman location opens?
It is going to close.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2010 View Post
I am wondering if you're anti-cell phones or just anti-women.
I'm not much of a grocery shopper and like to be able to gather my things in a timely manner.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:19 AM

>It is going to close<

Ah, I thought so. That's my go to place for shopping for supplies for work since we are tax exempt and I can get in earlier in the morning to take supplies on my way into work. The NW Hwy location won't be too far out of my way.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifw View Post
You live in Dallas - inside the city limits, close to downtown. It's not gonna be all white. You will have to drive quite a while to the burbs if you want that kind of experience.
Wow, who said anything about all white?

Anyways, the Super Target has lots more urban shoppers at night. I was just there.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 PM

912 posts, read 1,887,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
One it's Walmart, the store is notorious for attracting all sorts of people from every aspect of life. Two, you were in a fairly bad area.
Understand, what are considered "bad" areas to some are considered "interesting" areas to others. Many uppity people of Dallas think all warehouses are ugly things that should be demolished.
You know, they could have just changed the name of Industrial from English to French. What is Industrial Blvd. in French?
Boulevard Industriel! Le endroit de le réputé Parc de Trinité! Non plus de prostituées travaillant les rues ou la vie sans foyer sous les ponts! Oui, il y a beaucoup de restaurants de cheeseburger dans cette région avec beaucoup de magasins de vins. Désolé, vous devrez fumer à l'extérieur comme les gens vivant au nord de cette région sont de faibles imbéciles disposés. Ne vous soûlez pas et nagez dans le fleuve proche comme c'est infested avec les mocassins d'eau. Ceux-ci sont des serpents qui peuvent mordre sous l'eau. Assurez-vous-le si on se trouve perdus à travers le fleuve dans Dallas Ouest pour s'appeler 9-1-1. Appréciez!

Old 08-19-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Understand, what are considered "bad" areas to some are considered "interesting" areas to others. Many uppity people of Dallas think all warehouses are ugly things that should be demolished.
You know, they could have just changed the name of Industrial from English to French. What is Industrial Blvd. in French?
Boulevard Industriel! Le endroit de le réputé Parc de Trinité! Non plus de prostituées travaillant les rues ou la vie sans foyer sous les ponts! Oui, il y a beaucoup de restaurants de cheeseburger dans cette région avec beaucoup de magasins de vins. Désolé, vous devrez fumer à l'extérieur comme les gens vivant au nord de cette région sont de faibles imbéciles disposés. Ne vous soûlez pas et nagez dans le fleuve proche comme c'est infested avec les mocassins d'eau. Ceux-ci sont des serpents qui peuvent mordre sous l'eau. Assurez-vous-le si on se trouve perdus à travers le fleuve dans Dallas Ouest pour s'appeler 9-1-1. Appréciez!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas