Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,096 times

Advertisements

I've just been shaking my head in disbelief reading this thread! It's unbelievable to me how some posters seem personally OFFENDED that the OP won't consider their area, like they built the neighborhood themselves just for him and he won't come look at it! And then to talk about how "close(d) minded" people are for not bothering to checking out something (that they're really not interested in checking out)....just unbelievable! Why do you people care how big someone's house is or where they want it located??? He asked for opinions, you gave yours, move on. Why 9 pages of back and forth nitpicking??? .......Words fail me......!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 12:42 PM

531 posts, read 1,143,130 times
i visit dallas a couple times a week.............................................. ........on AE's 'The First 48'.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
First 48 doesnt film here anymore, the city felt they were creating a negative image. Who wants to look like Atlanta or Detroit?

Old 08-22-2010, 05:00 AM

531 posts, read 1,143,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
First 48 doesnt film here anymore, the city felt they were creating a negative image. Who wants to look like Atlanta or Detroit?

I'm not gonna lie, it REALLY did create a negative image for Dallas. However, as long as Dallas is still home to the Cowboys, it will remain the greatest city in America in my eyes. But yeah, they should film in cities who don't have a reputation to uphold (camden, detroit, flint, gary, etc.)

Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyFace View Post
A lot in insecure retards live in Dallas. When you have so little to be proud of, you tend to get very defensive about the little you do have. But this is what you get when you settle for living in an ugly urban area sitting on the scorched plains of north Texas.

I am pretty sure you just lowered this thread to a new level..And I am going to go out on a limb here and say you like Austin better. Just a guess.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
I am pretty sure you just lowered this thread to a new level..And I am going to go out on a limb here and say you like Austin better. Just a guess.
Don't bother. LoveMyFace is a Houston-based serial troll. Another username is DottieCom.

I suggest don't respond to the freak. Mods will wipe them out sooner or later.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
Don't bother. LoveMyFace is a Houston-based serial troll. Another username is DottieCom.

I suggest don't respond to the freak. Mods will wipe them out sooner or later.

Thanks Scout...I would say this thread is at the end of it's usable life anyway.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:30 PM

885 posts, read 1,552,205 times
Quote:
Thanks Scout...I would say this thread is at the end of it's usable life anyway.
When are you going to check out the Dallas suburs and do a comparison analysis?

Old 08-22-2010, 01:52 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,268,294 times
Quote:
Dallasites get annoyed by people moving to "Dallas" when they have never stepped foot in it. A few years later we then hear the complaints that Dallas has nothing organic or unique, only to eventually learn that these people moved to Prosper or Anna in Collin County because they heard the City of Dallas was full of dirty people and crime ridden streets.

The City of Dallas has some incredible in-town neighborhoods south of 635 that are often ignored by newcomers. Don't count Dallas out. You get what you pay for in this world. Even in "Dallas."

Preston Hollow, North Dallas, Park Cities, Lakewood, Uptown, M-Streets, Knox-Henderson are impressive neighborhoods with their own distinct characters, unique shops, restaurants and nightlife. Most have excellent schools. All have great appreciation in value because people who live here realize that Dallas is worth the investment. Just don't ignore Dallas. People who live here know the Dallas neighborhoods are the most desirable. You may live to regret your choice.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
Dallasites get annoyed by people moving to "Dallas" when they have never stepped foot in it. A few years later we then hear the complaints that Dallas has nothing organic or unique, only to eventually learn that these people moved to Prosper or Anna in Collin County because they heard the City of Dallas was full of dirty people and crime ridden streets.

The City of Dallas has some incredible in-town neighborhoods south of 635 that are often ignored by newcomers. Don't count Dallas out. You get what you pay for in this world. Even in "Dallas."

Preston Hollow, North Dallas, Park Cities, Lakewood, Uptown, M-Streets, Knox-Henderson are impressive neighborhoods with their own distinct characters, unique shops, restaurants and nightlife. Most have excellent schools. All have great appreciation in value because people who live here realize that Dallas is worth the investment. Just don't ignore Dallas. People who live here know the Dallas neighborhoods are the most desirable. You may live to regret your choice.
What choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas