Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 02:57 PM

33 posts, read 38,250 times

Advertisements

There is a difference. Houston is superior to Dallas.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:02 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert Opinion View Post
Thats a matter of opinion. Both have things they do better than the other.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:06 PM

44 posts, read 91,536 times
Cool Maybe true but!!!!

Quote:
Yea maybe True but it isnt better then DFW beat that!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Thats a matter of opinion. Both have things they do better than the other.
This is true. Houstonians enjoy a higher quality of life and have a superior arts scene, but Dallasites can tell taller tales and are very good at lying and embellishing to the point of utter ridiculousness and absurdity.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 PM

Talking Maaaaan!!!!!!

Quote:
This is true. Houstonians enjoy a higher quality of life and have a superior arts scene, but Dallasites can tell taller tales and are very good at lying and embellishing to the point of utter ridiculousness and absurdity.
Man your just hating on Dallas arent ya well how about this, you pack your bags and leave for Houston and then everybody is happy

Dont get jealous just leave man!!!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 PM

912 posts, read 1,887,110 times
Quote:
Dallas is no more of a major fashion center than Detroit or Cleveland. New York laughs at those cities too. Houston has more commercial shopping districts than dallas - if you don't count the many walmart, family dollar stores, and mexican supermarcados in the DFW metroprairie. You are delusional. No one (even Dallasite) believe you so go back to your basket weaving and fending off the evil monkey in your closet at the asylum.
LOL @ pig fellow.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulect View Post
Yea maybe True but it isnt better then DFW beat that!!!!!!!
Easily. The DFW metroprairie is a collection of little towns full of rednecks, wife-beaters and beer drinkers. All parts of DFW look exactly the same. Almost completely flat, too much cement. Not enuf trees, and boring as the day is long. At least Greater Houston has a nice variety in the area such as beaches, bays, wetlands, forest, grasslands and some green lush prairies. The Houston inner city has skyscrapers and skylines in all directions. Tall impressive towers blanket the horizon and give the city a much more cosmopolitan atmosphere from many miles out. In DFW, the small cosmopolitan area is less than 2 square miles with the rest of the landscape being filled with burnt up, dried up prairie wasteland.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:23 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Oh, I dont know about that. Youre from Houston (supposedly) and you seem very good at exaggerations and telling tall tales.

Wait a minute...is that you Buzzz (or is it Pigtown)!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:42 PM

Cool Yeah right!!!!

Quote:
Easily. The DFW metroprairie is a collection of little towns full of rednecks, wife-beaters and beer drinkers. All parts of DFW look exactly the same. Almost completely flat, too much cement. Not enuf trees, and boring as the day is long. At least Greater Houston has a nice variety in the area such as beaches, bays, wetlands, forest, grasslands and some green lush prairies. The Houston inner city has skyscrapers and skylines in all directions. Tall impressive towers blanket the horizon and give the city a much more cosmopolitan atmosphere from many miles out. In DFW, the small cosmopolitan area is less than 2 square miles with the rest of the landscape being filled with burnt up, dried up prairie wasteland.
The beaches in Houston Please I am even afraid to get in them waters with

all that oil being polluted in there and you know upon the people in

these forums, Those beaches in Houston your talking about doesn't seem

very attractive as you think it will be to draw people into Houston HA!! and

talk about the humidity its horrible there!! At that time I could not wait to

leave that city. The only thing I can think of things to do in this city is

scout out for girls or playing at the arcades at malls that's about it. At

least Dallas has a attractive amusement park and clean lakes and Houston

has none of that just those nasty old oil beaches that are very

unattractive and talk about the zoning in that city urgh. The Hurricane

sirens and the warnings in that city scares the bejesus out of me making

me want to settle in the DFW Metroplex.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Oh, I dont know about that. Youre from Houston (supposedly) and you seem very good at exaggerations and telling tall tales.

Wait a minute...is that you Buzzz (or is it Pigtown)!
I don't understand. You are calling Dallas a pigtown? I thought you liked Dallas. BTW, I'm not from Houston. I live in Dallas and I don't like it at all. But I did like Houston more when I lived there because it had a more dynamic arts scene which is typically enjoyed by true patrons of the arts and not just posers. Also, I think the people from there are more genuine and less pretentious. Besides all the other things I mentioned like the better landscape, superior arts scene and coastal settings - Most Houstonians would not give Dallas the time of day. As someone just passing through Texas, you should all feel honored that I am even wasting my energy talking about Dallas as if it can compete with Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas