U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:22 AM

2 posts, read 23,835 times

Advertisements

hi iam from rusia and i want to find rusia comunities in dallas texas and i would like to know about the flooding areas , the black ice, the rain. i live in glendale california but now is to hard to buy a house but mi wife scared the weather in dallas texas thank you.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 AM

6,578 posts, read 24,147,894 times
The weather is not so bad. I've been here 40 years and have never seen a tornado, have only seen Black Ice once and this rain we are getting is not at all normal. We have great thunderstorms that are very exciting and dramatic, but are not exactly dangerous.

I don't know where the Russian communities are. My son had one Russian friend and he lived in North Dallas in the Hillcrest High School attendance zone (near Hillcrest and Walnut Hill).

Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 PM

436 posts, read 1,280,119 times
There's a restaurant in Dallas called Deli News. It's run by Russians, maybe even owned by them. The number is 972-733-3354. They could probably give you some insight as to the Russian population in Dallas.

One night a few years ago, I was there with my family. All of a sudden, the owner or manager kicked a couple out of the restaurant and seemed to be very angry. As it turned out, the couple was saying mean/nasty/inappropriate things in Russian about the place and the food thinking that no one would understand what they were saying. Well, the owner or manager did understand and took exception to their comments.

You might also want to contact the Jewish Community Center. They probably have a decent pulse on the Russian population or at least the Russian Jewish population....JCC of Dallas or (214) 739-2737.

I've lived in Dallas for 30 years. We do have thunderstorms that they just don't see in California and winter does typically have a few icy days but I don't think the weather is enough to scare someone off unless your wife doesn't like the heat!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM

709 posts, read 3,300,869 times
In north Carrollton closest to Plano at Marsh Lane and Rosemeade there is a place in an old shopping strip that says something like Russia Tea Room ...not sure of the exact name but I presume it is owned by someone that is Russian. I also am making a prediction that there might be enough people in that part of town that are of Russian heritage since they opened a business in that area.

As far as weather the weather really isn't that bad. You learn to avoid the roads when the weather is bad just like anywhere else. I've lived here my whole life and things just shut down if it gets too bad.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 PM

303 posts, read 949,964 times
Many Russians live in the Frisco area. There is a Russian style grocery store on Coit and Legacy in Plano, we go there fairly often. The people who run the place are very friendly and I am sure you would find lots of info if you go there.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:27 AM

33,524 posts, read 53,359,303 times
Euless in Tarrant county by DFW airport has many Russians...

Old 07-19-2007, 04:34 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,405,486 times
You can contact the department of modern languages at UTA I bet they can direct you. They have a few russian teachers there who teach the language.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 PM

709 posts, read 3,300,869 times
tonight in the Big D magazine I read that the place I made reference to earlier in this thread ... is called "Russian Banya Family Spa & Cafe." It is located at E. Rosemeade Pkwy/ Ste. 401/ the address is considered Carrollton. It is on the boarder, though ,of Plano and Carrollton.

It appears that it is over 17,000 sq. ft. which includes saunas, ice-cold plunge pools,game rooms, and restaruant.

I have no idea if it is authentically Russian in nature or not but it was rated among one of the 6 best ways to wet yourself in Dallas.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 20,736 times
You can visit Taste of Europe in Arlington. It is Russian restaurant, grocery store and Russuian giftshop under one roof. You will have any information you need. Their phone number is (817) 275-5530. They also have Russian club meetings ones per month. Do not be afraid weather in Texzas. It is hot for a few months but generaly is good.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 20,440 times
Smile interested in learning Russian language

I live here in the Plano area and find it hard to find any classes that teach the Russian language. I am looking for Russian's that live in my area that might be willing to make a friend and help me learn the language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas