Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:24 PM

912 posts, read 1,887,855 times

Advertisements

When marketing the Dallas - Fort Worth area, one should think of it as a local bar run by a lot of sisters. As there are a lot of pretty sisters working in this bar, it would be in the best interest of all involved, in order for the bar to attract the most customers inside, to place the prettiest sister and sisters closest to the windows and to the entrance of it.
But of course!
Of all the sisters, the prettiest one in the whole Metroplex is the city of Dallas. Why? Well, this is because of her commercial shopping districts. In other words, while the city of Dallas and more specifically the central part of Dallas has moved geographically away from the center of the metroplex, the city still has located within it the primary, most attractive aspect about the whole area.
In other words, to better market the Dallas - Fort Worth area, each part of it needs to learn to accept itself for what it is.
Since downtown Fort Worth was hit by a tornado not too long ago, its office market hasn't grown much. But, unlike downtown Dallas, it does have a healthier occupancy rate. Compared to downtown Dallas, downtown Fort Worth is also located in a prettier part of the metropolitan area. Central Fort Worth as a whole is simply more intimate than central Dallas. Still, keep in mind, the city of Dallas does have its commercial shopping districts.
As it is located closest to DFW airport, the urban area of Las Collinas has the best chance of becoming the prime business address out of all the Dallas - Fort Worth area.
In comparison, the city of Arlington is the major tourist destination of the Metroplex while the city of Grapevine is becoming a major tourist destination.
How can the city of Dallas best promote its commercial shopping districts? Paradoxically, it can best do this by helping the city of Irving promote herself as the primary business address and by helping the city of Fort Worh promote herself as being the most intimate, geographically speaking.
Each city council in the Dallas - Fort Worth area can learn to compromise this way by agreeing realistically on what is the best, primary aspect about their particular cities when compared to the other ones in the metroplex.
This type of cooperative marketing will work to better increase employment, expand business and fill up empty office space in the whole area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 02:40 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,188 times
Which sister is the easiest? Does Dallas want dinner first before you take her home? What if Fort Worth will go home with you right away? Then everybody will choose Fort Worth. If Grapevine shortened her skirt by a couple of inches and unbuttoned her shirt by one more button, could she attract more? Another scenario: what if that awful skanky Houston tried to step in and steal Dallas's catch (you know how awful Houston is about doing things like that). Then what does Dallas do? Does she fight Houston to see who wins, or does she take the high road and say "you know what, Houston, if you're that cheap and awful, you can do what you want because I'm not stooping to your level!"

We NEED the answers to these important questions!

Old 09-02-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
Which sister is the easiest? Does Dallas want dinner first before you take her home? What if Fort Worth will go home with you right away? Then everybody will choose Fort Worth. If Grapevine shortened her skirt by a couple of inches and unbuttoned her shirt by one more button, could she attract more? Another scenario: what if that awful skanky Houston tried to step in and steal Dallas's catch (you know how awful Houston is about doing things like that). Then what does Dallas do? Does she fight Houston to see who wins, or does she take the high road and say "you know what, Houston, if you're that cheap and awful, you can do what you want because I'm not stooping to your level!"

Please, read more carefully. I didn't say that we should think of the many cities in the Dallas - Fort Worth area as sluts and whores, but as sisters.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Please, read more carefully. I didn't say that we should think of the many cities in the Dallas - Fort Worth area as sluts and whores, but as sisters.
Let's be realistic Mr. Nifty--this is Dallas and her sisters working at a bar we're talking about here. This isn't Sunday School at the First Baptist Church. Dallas and her sisters will do what they have to do to bring in the business. Don't think Houston and her sisters won't do the same, because I've seen them in action and they most certainly will.

If the pace is a little too fast for you here, I hear that Killeen, Temple, Belton, and their sisters have a snow cone stand that's up and running just down the Interstate, and they're all Godly and Christian (or so they say).

Old 09-02-2010, 03:32 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,518,075 times
Quote:

LOL......... I've quit responding to the nifty posts because I find them to be so perplexing, but, much like a train wreck, I can't take stop looking.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Well maybe we could start with Sue Ellen and her sister Kristen. Or Pamela and her sister, the crazy Katherine.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Let's be realistic Mr. Nifty--this is Dallas and her sisters working at a bar we're talking about here. This isn't Sunday School at the First Baptist Church. Dallas and her sisters will do what they have to do to bring in the business. Don't think Houston and her sisters won't do the same, because I've seen them in action and they most certainly will.

If the pace is a little too fast for you here, I hear that Killeen, Temple, Belton, and their sisters have a snow cone stand that's up and running just down the Interstate, and they're all Godly and Christian (or so they say).
Has anyone ever heard of the use of an analogy? In comparison, Houston is more of the mom in the relationship to the smaller incorporated areas and unincorpoated areas surrounding her.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM

436 posts, read 1,348,230 times
Quote:

Now THAT'S funny!!

Old 09-02-2010, 04:36 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Maybe letting Sue Ellen run a bar is not such a good idea:

Dallas official tv series James Holmes Dallas observations

Sue Ellen's Greatest Drunk Scenes

Episode 10: Black Market Baby
Circumstance: Following Jock and Ellie's anniversary dinner - at which Jock casually mentions he has given up hope of Sue Ellen ever producing a grandchild - Sue Ellen attempts to seduce JR, before ending up in bed with Ray Krebbs.
Tipple: Champagne, bourbon.
Sue Ellen: "Maybe the Ewin' man I married isn't all the man that he claims to be."
JR: "You better stop drinkin', Sue Ellen. There's nothin' uglier than a woman who can't handle her liquor."

Episode 25: Call Girl
Circumstance: JR is angry when a heavily pregnant Sue Ellen skips dinner with the family favour of drinking alone in their bedroom.
Tipple: Bourbon
Sue Ellen: "You gonna hit your pregnant wife?"
JR: "You take care of that baby, Sue Ellen, cos it's the only thing standing between you and the gutter."

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 07:25 PM..

Old 09-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Has anyone ever heard of the use of an analogy? In comparison, Houston is more of the mom in the relationship to the smaller incorporated areas and unincorpoated areas surrounding her.
Knowing Houston, I bet she has no idea who the fathers are (I have no doubt they aren't all by the same father--this is Houston we're talking about here after all). I've always thought parts of Pasadena looked a little bit like Miami just southeast of the I-95 and Airport Expressway interchange. Then again, I'm not sure it's a coincidence that Houston named one of her daughters Missouri City, which just so happens to look an awful lot like St. Louis near the Des Peres Parkway. What do you think, Mr. Nifty?

I think we might be on to something here. What's going to happen when Houston's daughters grow up? Do you think any of them will cross the border and mingle with some of the Mexican cities? Do you think Houston will be ok with that, or is she a little prejudiced? Will any of Dallas's sisters try to do the same thing, or are they too busy working at the bar? You've certainly given us a lot to think about, Mr. Nifty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas